Thanksgiving plans? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #1

Thanksgiving plans?

Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away. Anyone planning on traveling? We aren't. My wife and I will stay home. The rest of the family is up north, and we are in Florida, and I can't stand crowds. Plus, it's so expensive to travel that weekend.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away. Anyone planning on traveling? We aren't. My wife and I will stay home. The rest of the family is up north, and we are in Florida, and I can't stand crowds. Plus, it's so expensive to travel that weekend.
My elderly parents live in a retirement home in Mass., so my wife and I always drive down from NH ( about a two hour drive) to have Thanksgiving with them. Not sure how many Thanksgivings they have left, so we make every effort to be with them during the holidays. We'll be with them on Christmas too.
winni-laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Super Moderator

No traveling for me, both my kids and their spouses will be coming into town along with their 5 kids and 3 dogs. In addition to 2 spare bedrooms I have 3 queen size blow up beds for the grandkids that we put up in the family room. My sister and her family will join us for the day. I plan on a turkey in the deep fryer and a brisket and ribs in the smoker, the women will take care of the side dishes.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
No traveling for me, both my kids and their spouses will be coming into town along with their 5 kids and 3 dogs. In addition to 2 spare bedrooms I have 3 queen size blow up beds for the grandkids that we put up in the family room. My sister and her family will join us for the day. I plan on a turkey in the deep fryer and a brisket and ribs in the smoker, the women will take care of the side dishes.
Wow ... deep fried turkey and smoked brisket & ribs. Sounds like a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, Chuck43!
winni-laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #5

I guess I will be driving to your house, thanks for the invite! I should arive about 4pm please have things ready...........
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #6

I will be spending Thanksgiving at home with my lady friend and my two hounds.I can't eat a lot of solid foods due to side effects from throat cancer treatment,however I can partake of some "Turkey"of the liquid variety on the rocks in my favorite tumbler.That and the annual football games will make for a fine day.
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
I guess I will be driving to your house, thanks for the invite! I should arive about 4pm please have things ready...........

The bar opens around 2:00 and dinner is served around 6:00. Make sure you boo Green Bay when we turn on the Packers - Lions game and you'll fit right in.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #8

I can stay for a beverage.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post

The bar opens around 2:00 and dinner is served around 6:00. Make sure you boo Green Bay when we turn on the Packers - Lions game and you'll fit right in.
Can't make it Chuck,I got a stock certificate for the Pack (even though I am a tried and true Patriots fan).You'll have to carry on without me (haha)!
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #10

We'll be looking for a restaurant to do the cooking.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote