Rough day today. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2019, 02:12 PM   #1

Rough day today.

It's really hard to let something go you really love. When our dog Duncan passed away last year, we were devastated. He's been by my side almost every day for over 17 years. He was my best bud, my side kick and forever in my heart. It nearly killed me. His tattoo on my arm was not good enough.

So I decided to bring him back in artificial form. A company called Petsies, recreates your pet in a stuffed, lovable furry friend. After 5 months of me on the phone sometimes several times a week, they have got it as best as it gets. They carefully recreate him from pictures you send them, sew in hair, stuff and airbrush in his colors, It's amazing. Pictures do it no justice.

It was extremely emotional here today. He might not be real, but he's on forever over-watch, here in spirit and in our hearts. We will never forget him. We'll be together again one day. Save a spot for us... we really miss you lil' buddy.
#petsies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #2

Hey John, that is hard when you lose someone who has loved you unconditionally for all those years. You'll never forget, you'll always miss em. But the only way to get over the pain is another pup.
Let another dog love you. They have no preconceived notion's, no expectations and their only desire is to be near you.
Chuck43, Marshall, bhunted and 2 others like this.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #3

It's always tough when you lose them. I've heard of Petsie but I don't think I could do it. Pics are hard enough to look at, I can't image a stuffed look alike.
Chuck43 and bhunted like this.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2019, 03:46 PM   #4

Looks lifelike. I first saw the pics and didn't know any better until I read the post. Really nice.

The wife and I were very much attached to our previous dog, Pugsters. At one time we considered cloning. Ultimately decided against it. Her ashes are in a small box with her name on it. Strange, but when I look at pics of Pugsters she looks different than my mind's eye remembers her. She was a good girl and we miss her.

Kid speaks the truth about another pup. We "rescued" Coondog, but I think the rescue was a two-way street.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puuVyH0.jpg (258.2 KB, 5 views)
Chuck43, Marshall, bhunted and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-15-2019 at 03:55 PM.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #5

Yep, a new pup will never replace your previous best friend but it'll keep you busy with feeding, walking, bathing and training.
How many times of I said no more dogs when I've lost one?
Every single time. Puppies are painkillers.
Chuck43, Marshall, bhunted and 4 others like this.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #6

Rough day today.

Thanks guys. We are planning but its hard. Not the right time yet. We are still trying to get better settled in. Take some time away and such. Havenít been on vacation since 1995. Thatís not being selfish I hope. Is it?

I already had a fence installed in preparation.

You are right. Pictures are rough enough. I came real close to cancel it thinking to myself and often wondering what was I thinking? I just miss him so much!

I figured it may help. We already have a treasure chest of all his belonging. A couple of shrines, ashes, etc. I wear him all the time.

I was sick all day today since his arrival.
Even worse, we saved special portions of his hair which I was going to weave in. Itís gone! I tore apart my whole office which is where they were. Not in my desk, safes, his files, no where! That really broke my heart. I feel I let him down now, again!!! My job was to protect him in life. I couldnít save him in life and I failed now again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II

Last edited by bhunted; 07-15-2019 at 04:58 PM.
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #7

Dogs make us better people.
bhunted and 427malibu like this.
Bentlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #8

That is an amazing tribute. Glad you can keep a reminder of your great memories and times together.
bhunted likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:35 PM   #9

John that is wonderful. Losing "man's best friend" may be one of the hardest things that we go through in a lifetime.

Back in 2008 when I had to put my Akita down it was probably the worst day of my life at the time and a week later I got a card from the vet that had a paw print on it from Roki's right paw. I'll be honest and tell you that I cried like a baby when I opened the card up.

All we can do is hold onto the memories that our pets gave us and try to do the best that we can and in our own way.
bhunted, Mini Me and 427malibu like this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Yep, a new pup will never replace your previous best friend but it'll keep you busy with feeding, walking, bathing and training.
How many times of I said no more dogs when I've lost one?
Every single time. Puppies are painkillers.
For sure. When we lost Pugsters there was no way we were getting another. But time passes... and while the heart never forgets it does heal. Then one day the perfect little puppy is in front of you with those puppy eyes looking right at ya. Can't pick the time and date... it just happens.

It was a Saturday. I was at BestBuy looking at electronic gizmos. When I was finished at BestBuy I decided to walk down to Fresh Market. As I walked by, there was Coondog in the arms of a lady outside of Petco (adoption day). Just something about that little puppy I couldn't get out of my head. But the lady never put Coondog back in the pen. I wandered around, came back, but she was still holding Coondog so I figured Coondog was adopted. Before I left I told the lady what a fine looking pup she had. "Oh, I'm not taking her home. Would you like to hold her?" I never let go...
Marshall, 2sharp2, bhunted and 4 others like this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-15-2019 at 05:51 PM.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote