Pictures Post Sideways? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #1

Pictures Post Sideways?

I any of you computer smart people can tell me why most of the pics I post end up sideways I would love to hear it. They are NOT sideways when pulled up in my file.
Is there a setting in my laptop that somehow got changed? Tell me how to change it back. They have been going sideways for over a year now, I don't know what happened, it didn't use to be that way.

It gripes my azz but trust me, if I knew how to fix it I would have already done so.

I've asked this before, someone said it's KT software or something in the transition.

Interesting fact: There are 3 other gun related forums that I post pictures on from the laptop file and they post correctly.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger

Last edited by 2sharp2; 07-26-2019 at 10:02 AM.
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #2

What do you use to take the photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #3

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
What do you use to take the photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cell phone, I email from my phone gmail account to my regular email that I view on my laptop, from that email I download to a picture file on laptop. If they are sideways after downloading I click toolbar and rotate pics and save.
My procedure has not changed since I joined Kimber Talk. Posted pics load and post correctly when I post them on 1911Addicts, RimFire Central forum, Smith & Wesson Forum.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #4

Rotate on your phone then send to computer
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #5

This forum flips portrait oriented photos to landscape, It's your portrait pics that are getting flipped 90 degrees.

Try it. Take two pics. One in landscape (phone turned sideways) and one in portrait. Post them as you normally would. My guess is you'll see the landscape pic display correctly on the forum but the portrait pic flipped 90 degrees to landscape orientation.

Sitting at my desk I just took two pics, one portrait and one landscape. The portrait got flipped 90 degrees. Now these photos had been first downloaded to my iMac and were in proper orientation. Still, uploading to the forum flipped the portrait pic.

Not sure how to correct it other than pre-flipping and saving portrait pics or find some type of setting to correct.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5602.jpg (1.52 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5601.jpg (1.57 MB, 2 views)
2sharp2, JC45 and Mini Me like this.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-26-2019 at 11:02 AM.
ChattanoogaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #6

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
This forum flips portrait oriented photos to landscape, It's your portrait pics that are getting flipped 90 degrees.

Try it. Take two pics. One in landscape (phone turned sideways) and one in portrait. Post them as you normally would and my guess is you'll see the landscape pic display correctly and the portrait pic flipped 90 degress to landscape orientation.

Just like this. Sitting at my desk I just took two pics, one portrait and one landscape. The portrait got flipped 90 degrees.

Not sure how to correct it other than pre-flipping portrait pics or finding some type of setting to correct.
Thatís what I have to do to post pictures.
ChattanoogaPhil and Wingnut like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #7

The sideways keyboard pic above.

I flipped it, saved it. Flipped it back into portrait mode (correct orientation). Then uploaded to the forum. It then displayed in correct portrait orientation. Must be an easier way to do it... but 99% of my pics are in landscape mode anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5602.jpg (1.50 MB, 2 views)
Old 07-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #8

I've found that images shot with my phone, composed vertically will be re oriented horizontally by KT as well. The fix is to go into edit on the iPhone and do anything. Crop, shift, color adjust..., save the change, then email the "edited" shot to yourself, save the shot to your desktop and then it will attach to your post properly oriented. I normally don't post from my phone but suppose images that have had some type of "edit" will also show up properly if they're gathered from "photos" on the phone? There's probably a way to override the "auto orient" feature on your phone's camera too. I'll have to ask my 10 year old daughter, she'll probably know what to do :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #9

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
I've found that images shot with my phone, composed vertically will be re oriented horizontally by KT as well. The fix is to go into edit on the iPhone and do anything. Crop, shift, color adjust..., save the change, then email the "edited" shot to yourself, save the shot to your desktop and then it will attach to your post properly oriented. I normally don't post from my phone but suppose images that have had some type of "edit" will also show up properly if they're gathered from "photos" on the phone? There's probably a way to override the "auto orient" feature on your phone's camera too. I'll have to ask my 10 year old daughter, she'll probably know what to do :-)
Sounds like we did pretty much did the same thing. I guess my flipping the portrait pic then flipping back did the same thing as an "edit" to then display correctly on the forum. Computer duct tape.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-26-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #10

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
I guess my flipping the portrait pic then flipping back did the same thing as an "edit" to then displayed correctly on the forum.
Yup, you effectively overrode the auto orient feature by manually flipping the shot. There's "a number of ways to skin a cat"...
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote