MURDERLAND: Baltimore Residents Are Tired of Corruption& Violence-Rev. Al Confronted - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2019, 06:46 AM   #1

MURDERLAND: Baltimore Residents Are Tired of Corruption& Violence-Rev. Al Confronted

MURDERLAND: Baltimore Residents Are Tired of Corruption and Violence | Reverend Al Confronted

Reporter Confronts Residents About Trump’s Baltimore Comments. They Demolish The Left’s Narrative, Heckle Al Sharpton.

by Amanda Prestigiacomo
@amandapresto

August 8, 2019

On Monday, street reporter Austen Fletcher, a.k.a “Fleccas,” released about ten minutes of footage of West Baltimore residents talking about the conditions of the area and how they felt about President Donald Trump's recent comments concerning West Baltimore — which the mainstream media and many top Democrats framed as racist.

The residents told a grim story about the decline of the area they love, plagued by crime and murder, and said Trump was right in his assessment even if, as one female put it, she's still “Team Obama.”
Fleccas also highlighted another inconsistency within the mainstream narrative. When controversial activist Rev. Al Sharpton popped up in West Baltimore following Trump’s comments, residents heckled the political figure, calling him a “phony” and a “hustler” and asking why he only comes around during politically opportune times.

It’s just sad man, everyday I’m crying inside because I wake up and I’m still here. It used to be okay, but it's not now,” one man told Fleccas’ crew.

Another woman with a legally obtained firearm on her hip, said, “You can’t go home without feeling a threat of being shot, you’re scared to walk anywhere. ... The violence is that bad.”

“Baltimore city is definitely ‘Murderland,’” she later added. “There are contracts out here for nothing, to kill someone for less than $100. The statement is definitely true. I got my gun permit eight years ago. You really have to feel some type of way that you have to be armed to live in Baltimore city — granted, mine is legal.”

“I saw a man rob a man, right here,” a man working from behind a shield at a convenience store said. “A customer went out of the door, and this guy, he just opened the door for him and put a gun to his head and he robbed him right in his car.”

“I feel like nobody cares about this area here, they’re not concerned about us,” a middle-aged female said.

Two men then complained that Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) has been representing the area for 25 years and has nothing to show for it.

“He allocated $4.6 billion for illegal immigrants but he hasn’t donated any money right for North Avenue ... West Baltimore. Where has he been at? It’s drug-infested, it’s homeless people right there in West Baltimore — two blocks from his district. He don’t come there everyday. I haven’t seen Elijah Cummings in ten years ride up and down North Avenue,” one of the men said, noting that the last time he was around was following the death of Freddie Gray, which was quickly politicized.

When asked about President Trump’s comments, one of the men answered, “Me personally, I want him to say things like that because it’s true. ... I don’t have no problems with the man. I really respect him as a man because he’s upfront, he’s truthful. They keep wanting to say, ‘he a racist, he a racist, he a racist’; that’s not the problem, especially with black people, because I don’t see white men killing my own kind, you know what I mean.”
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-10-2019, 06:48 AM   #2

So, Trump is a racist and is lying about Rep. Elijah Cumming's and Baltimore??
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:09 AM   #3

Baltimore had (they may still have) certain "zones" where drugs more or less were allowed. The police just stayed out of the areas? Obviously the corruption in that town has been known of for years. The HBO series "The Wire" was based on real life events. That racist congressman is as corrupt as they come and responsible for allowing the continued decline in his city. He should probably be in prison.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2019, 09:20 AM   #4

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67921081_505825856627393_6098059871838535680_o.jpg (93.5 KB, 6 views)
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #5

Oh I love this thread about my hometown, which I left in 1973. The comparison between then and now is shocking. My brother and his family still live in the suburbs and I pray for them regularly.

I would like to know how the woman got a carry permit. It's almost impossible, and it's expensive.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Oh I love this thread about my hometown, which I left in 1973. The comparison between then and now is shocking. My brother and his family still live in the suburbs and I pray for them regularly.

I would like to know how the woman got a carry permit. It's almost impossible, and it's expensive.
From her attire, ID badge and belt, probably works security. If a job requires being armed, my guess is that a permit is not so difficult to acquire.
Bigdog likes this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #7

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
From her attire, ID badge and belt, probably works security. If a job requires being armed, my guess is that a permit is not so difficult to acquire.
I have friends that run a business there selling jewelry, and they were able to get permits for while they were "...engaged at their business...", which included transporting their deposits to the bank. However they said to get them expanded to include 24x7 required more fees and an in person interview with a panel of law enforcement representatives and a significant waiting period. By "more fees" I mean in the $1000 range.
OLE442 and ChattanoogaPhil like this.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
I have friends that run a business there selling jewelry, and they were able to get permits for while they were "...engaged at their business...", which included transporting their deposits to the bank. However they said to get them expanded to include 24x7 required more fees and an in person interview with a panel of law enforcement representatives and a significant waiting period. By "more fees" I mean in the $1000 range.
Money under the table can grease the skids of all kinds of things in all areas of the US of A, not just Baltimore..

How many BIG cities and not so big of cities can say "where has the money gone?" How many years have (D)s been in charge(40-60 yrs), Detroit, Flint, Baltimore San Francisco, CHICAGO, and a couple dozen more that most of you know much better than I.
OLE442 and cousinmark like this.
langenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:01 AM   #9

They need a Mr. Kelsey walking the streets at night and leave him alone to do the clean up.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:39 AM   #10

Trump is speaking truth to democrat leadership and their failed policies. Democrats have no answer to the institutionalized poverty, blight and crime in democrat run cities... can't even operate a garbage service. So they lash out at anyone who points to their failures and suggests there's a better way.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote