PayPal Strikes Again - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #1

PayPal Strikes Again

For those of you that still use PayPal, you should stop immediately. While in the past we were forced to use them on eBay, they shut down our payment processing and seized around $13,000 in our account saying we had violated their Acceptable Use Policy. Here's the thing, nothing we sold on eBay violated that, because well they use the blanket statement "Certain Firearm Accessories and Parts are banned from Sale". Don't tell you what parts, because then they can choose at whim what to shut down a small business for. Held our money for six months, well last week they changed their policy stating they would no longer absorb violation fees that they pay to the U.S. Government. Oh and these "violations" are $2500 a pop. They have NO ACTUAL PAPERWORK on what we violated, and refuse to give us anything. Only $2500 violation I can think of would be ITAR, and we don't ship outside of the US. So they kept our $13,000 dollars saying it was fees for violations, haven't told us what it was nor will tell us, and because of the current political climate we can even get our own Sheriff's Department to file charges. They say somewhere buried in the legalese will be clauses that they can do this. Add in that PayPal is super friendly with our current governor and they are in the same f'ing building as our state Attorney General means that money is gone forever. A few months payroll for one employee gone. Bonuses for employees gone. All highly criminal behavior, but completely legal because our illustrious Government has allowed corporations more rights than actual people. Think we were the only ones? Nope, everyones favorite grip appliqué Tractiongrips, Type 01 FFL Dealer has had their eBay account suspended, and I would guess at this point their account drained as well. Don emailed us this morning with Google Ad Sense terminating his account without ANY PRIOR VIOLATIONS OR REASON, stating it is due to a change in their policies. Wake up people, Big Brother doesn't have to ban shit, they're getting their corporate lackeys to do all the work for them.
GallowayPrecision is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2019, 11:19 AM   #2

Might try suing them at least they will have to explain the issues. Paypal is necessary for me though as a payer.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:21 PM   #3

I wouldn't leave more than 50 bucks in paypal at any given time...

I just got a refund after waiting 13 days after the seller refunded ...ridiculous
Bigdog likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2019, 02:00 PM   #4

Ebay sucks and so does Pay Pal! I use them every so often to pay but haven't sold on Ebay in years although I've been a seller since 1999. I have a 1950's toy cap gun and holster and a 1st edition book I'm not having luck selling on forums and have thought about putting on Ebay for the exposure but then......Ebay is so user unfriendly anymore! The anti gunners like Ebay and Pay Pay are using their positions to eff with the sellers not directly making guns and getting away with it. Good luck!!

"Ancient hatreds & modern weapons-that's my kind of show" - George Carlin

"Realism can sometimes be mistaken for pessimism!"
© 2019

Join Gun Owners of America
https://gunowners.org/join/
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #5

Hmmm...

Long ago I soured on eBay after getting burned by eBay/Paypal. Right now I'm preparing to go live with a web page that uses PayPal. In my defense, back in the day, it was the only option. Are there any other options that I can use for payment? How about Apple pay?

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:31 PM   #6

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Hmmm...

Long ago I soured on eBay after getting burned by eBay/Paypal. Right now I'm preparing to go live with a web page that uses PayPal. In my defense, back in the day, it was the only option. Are there any other options that I can use for payment? How about Apple pay?
Look at Zelle!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Bigdog likes this.
bobbyleebrown.bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:10 PM   #7

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Hmmm...

I know if I’m looking at an item and paypal is an option I’m much more likely to get the item since the payment is so easy.
JC45 likes this.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:51 AM   #8

To lose that much money really sucks, sorry to hear. I personally never had an issue with eBay or PayPal.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:21 PM   #9

I could never understand why any gun person would use such an antigun
site.. and probably pay to do it???

I have bought from ebay i the past (4-5 yrs ago)w/ usually a $$ payment.

Lately I believe it is all paypal--not for me.
langenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #10

I have used PayPal and Venmo for years without an issue at all.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote