Old 09-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #1

walmarts new policy.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...1O6UOcSxrGS_cQ
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #2

Heard that...it sucks!
Old 09-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #3

Simalar to dick's, but they will sell the stock on hand, rather than destroy it.
motormac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2019, 04:19 AM   #4

The "People of Walmart" photos/threads will have an even higher percentage of "freaks of nature" pictures now that they'll have pi**ed off a large percentage of their normal customers!

"Ancient hatreds & modern weapons-that's my kind of show" - George Carlin

"Realism can sometimes be mistaken for pessimism!"

Join Gun Owners of America
https://gunowners.org/join/
OLE442 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:58 AM   #5

As on of the largest resellers of guns & ammo, I think this will have an interesting dynamic on the firearm trade. Does this drive more to local gun sellers? More ammo-by-mail? Do the anti's attack the mail-order aspect of firearms? We now have more than a couple of major retailers who have caved to the 'mob' pressure, so I am thinking, who needs more laws when they can just get major enterprises to cave into their way of thinking. What happens if UPS, Fedex and USPS stop accepting any firearm related shipments?
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #6

Stock up.....learn how to reload
DaveinNC likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #7

I figured something was going to come out of Walmart after El Paso. I don't agree with it but I'm pretty sure Walmart doesn't care what I think. They didn't get that big not knowing how to mitigate risk. I think they determined which group they could piss off, that would result in the least amount of risk to their bottom line. Ammo mfg's. are not not going out of business and losing Walmart will be a problem until they figure out what their new distribution model looks like. They like Walmart are in business to making money. Just because Walmart is no longer an outlet doesn't change the fact that the demand is still there. Of course I could be wrong, I've seen me do it!
Sig Nightmare Carry .45
Sig P229 Legion .40

Tomorrow is promised to no one.
Doons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #8

I think near-term pricing will hold, but watch longer term price increases, or sales as vendors (Winchester, Remington, etc) try to replace the volume loss from Walmart.

I am also curious what the Walmart shareholders will think of this when same-store, year-over-year sales decline. Will they care as much about public perception, or activist pressure? These institutional investors, usually the largest class of investors, only care about some pretty simple metrics.
Chuck43 likes this.
Jflytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #9

Their only helping out the LGS's across the country. I rarely buy ammo from walmart and when I do it's only because already I'm there.If they had a competitor around me I wouldn't go to walmart.

I wonder how many people are going to honor their request for customers to stop open carrying in their stores.

AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #10

I don't think it's going to be a big deal to Walmarts bottom line or the ammo manufacturers or even the consumers. Ammo sales probably aren't that big of a deal in their overall marketing strategy and demand will just increase at your LGS, online sales and other sporting good outlets. I think in the whole 25 years I've lived in HELENA I've only bought one or two boxes of ammo from Walmart. I'd much rather support my local LGS. They just did this so they could look good in the public eye after that shooting in Texas.
As far as banning open carry in their stores; that's just stupid. There would probably be an increase of open carry, after that shooting, and that would only deter nut cases with murderous intent.
Rick in Oregon likes this.