• 2 Post By Insta-Gator
  • 1 Post By Chuck43
  • 1 Post By OscarZ
  • 1 Post By Chickadee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #1
Super Moderator

The Paradox Of Violence

Violence is rarely the answer, but when it is... it is the only answer. This provocative talk explores the uncomfortable realities of violence. There is no greater fear that being physically dominated by a bigger, faster, stronger attacker. Yet there is actually little good information on how to use the tool of violence. Here you will learn the surprising truth about violence and how we have stigmatized the study of violence to the point that only the criminal elements have access to it.

Insta-Gator likes this.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #2

Interesting video, thanks!
Chuck43 likes this.
Yosemeti Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Super Moderator

I think he makes a lot of sense, it's a mindset that's been drill into us all our lives and that puts us at a disadvantage.
Insta-Gator and Lineman like this.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:04 PM   #4

Exclamation Very Interesting Video

The majority of us here were raised to be respectable honest reputable and moral citizens. Acts of violence are not within our normal nature. In fact, we are repulsed by them. And as Chuck said, that puts us at a disadvantage when confronting a person who has been raised according to the law of the jungle; survival of the fittest!

While not being a violent person by nature, I hold one advantage over the majority of people: I have actually been dead once!! In 2003, I had a heart attack and died. I was brought back by a very talented RN, with a defibrillator, at the old Walton Medical Center, here in beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia! I have had the experience and I no longer fear death. It is no longer something that causes me any anxiety.

That being said, if someone endangers a member of my family, they have just put themselves in a very bad situation. I have no fear of what they could do to me. On the other hand, that would be when I shifted into "savage mode". The assailant would soon find out what a truly sick mind was. Gouged out eyes, sharp objects jammed into the ears, strikes to the groin, broken joints, 12 ga bird shot to the knees and any object that I can lay my hands on, that is usable as a weapon, would be employed: bricks, baseball bats, knives, pipes, shop tools, eating utensils, all manner of electrical devices, caustic liquids, flammable and explosive compounds. The initial attack would be to stop and immobilize the assailant. Everything after that would be to cause maximum pain and inflict as much damage as possible, short of causing death. That would be drawn out as long as possible. I think under those conditions, I could actually enjoy inflicting those kinds of injuries. Like I said, they'd find out what a truly sick mind was!!! How's that for a paradox of violence?? Other than that, I'm a hell of a nice guy!!!
Chuck43 likes this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 08-20-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:36 AM   #5

Whether it be society or our religious upbringing, we have been taught that harming others is wrong. And, if attacked, we should only use enough physical force to defend ourselves and escape (duty to retreat.) The part they don't explain is that the use of limited force leaves the attacker fully capable of re engaging for a second attack. I think that is why there are so many new CCW firearm owners. We don't have the mindset to believe we could attack with deadly force using our bare hands or an improvised weapon. But a firearm makes it relatively easy, neat, clean, effective. I'm not sure you can teach effective hand-to-hand sufficiently unless we have actually engaged an assailant and "gotten nasty, mad-dog mean" on his ass.
Chuck43 and Lineman like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
Whether it be society or our religious upbringing, we have been taught that harming others is wrong. And, if attacked, we should only use enough physical force to defend ourselves and escape (duty to retreat.)
So does that mean I should carry a .380 or 9mm instead of a .45?

Just kidding
Lineman likes this.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:41 AM   #7

Talking

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
So does that mean I should carry a .380 or 9mm instead of a .45?

Just kidding
Sounds like your two Sigs Chuck!
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:00 AM   #8

Great video. Similar to the teachings of Kathy Jackson. "If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat."
Chuck43 likes this.

Mario Andretti
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote