Free shipping from Cabelas and Bass Pro - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
Free shipping from Cabelas and Bass Pro

Just a heads up, but free shipping ( and possibly no tax) makes for some pretty good ammo deals.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 21
Free

Thanks for the heads up.
Harleystoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11
Just checked Cabelas website. As far as free shipping goes on ammo, it looks like they will ship free to your nearest Cabelas store for pick up. Which doesn't really help me much since my closest store is 200 miles away. And you won't get "no tax" in a store. But the prices looked low, lower than anything in the last year at least. Maybe things are getting back to pre-hysteria levels
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
Just checked Cabelas website. As far as free shipping goes on ammo, it looks like they will ship free to your nearest Cabelas store for pick up. Which doesn't really help me much since my closest store is 200 miles away. And you won't get "no tax" in a store. But the prices looked low, lower than anything in the last year at least. Maybe things are getting back to pre-hysteria levels
No, they ship free directly to your door. Put 3gifts into the coupon code, and it ships directly to you free.

Last edited by Gmountain; 11-17-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
pbsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 697
Cabela's Official Website - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices

Says, in the fine print, additional shipping charges apply to heavy items. And the order must be $99 or more.

After looking at their prices, I think I'll continue to buy local. I just bought a 100 round box of federal ball 9mm for $37. Nothing they show comes close. I regularly buy 45 ammo for $22 a box of fifty, (Lawman ball).
__________________
Retired USAF. Life member VVA Chapter 850

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson

Last edited by pbsdaddy; 11-17-2013 at 02:29 PM.
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
Originally Posted by pbsdaddy View Post
Cabela's Official Website - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices

Says, in the fine print, additional shipping charges apply to heavy items. And the order must be $99 or more.

After looking at their prices, I think I'll continue to buy local. I just bought a 100 round box of federal ball 9mm for $37. Nothing they show comes close. I regularly buy 45 ammo for $22 a box of fifty, (Lawman ball).
I bought a case of .308. No shipping charges and no tax. Obviously, not everything is worth getting, but a lot of it is.

I've said for years that if you see a deal on ammo, get it, whether you need tt or not, because two things are certain- the price won't go down, and there will be another crisis when ammo becomes hard to get. If you can get good deals locally, all the better.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
pbsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 697
Totally agree. No excuse for getting caught without, should this happen again.
__________________
Retired USAF. Life member VVA Chapter 850

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never has been and never will be. T Jefferson
pbsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Living in Vegas we have gun shows! 9mm FMJ 124 gr. reloads are about $69.00 for 250 rounds. 500 is a little less. I go to the shows and buy. They also carry major brands new at a lot lower then Cabellas or bass pro. I was in the bass pro here in Vegas las Sunday the shelves were empty. No 9mm, .380 or .45!
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
Living in Vegas we have gun shows! 9mm FMJ 124 gr. reloads are about $69.00 for 250 rounds. 500 is a little less. I go to the shows and buy. They also carry major brands new at a lot lower then Cabellas or bass pro. I was in the bass pro here in Vegas las Sunday the shelves were empty. No 9mm, .380 or .45!
.308 is hard to get around here, for some reason. When you do see it, it's usually Remington, and not much else.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 465
Most of the Cross Roads of the west shows have several vendors selling ammo!
Yes I have seen .308 and a lot of hard to find, in my post above I listed .380. There are several gun show promoters that have shows here in Vegas. We get shows about once a month here sometimes two back to back. They move them to all of the big citys across the U.S. Cross Roads comes here 7 to 8 times per year. There is a web site for most of them. Google Gun Shows should get the info. Since the ammo crunch I try to stay stocked up, and the best place as far as price goes are these shows.
Gun purchases I do through my local dealers, as well as ammo if they have it.
For all interested check for a show near you! You can buy in quanity with out limits. Gun prices at these shows are higher in my opinion!
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Search tags for this page

bass pro shipping forum

,

cabelas kimber in stores?

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On