Charlie Daniel on U.S. Congress - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #1

Charlie Daniel on U.S. Congress

Entire letter here: An open letter on Facebook by the Charlie Daniel?s band is going viral | FOX2now.com

"The courageous politicians that once championed this nation have been replaced, for the most part, by a breed of milksop, politically correct, scared of their own shadow, pushover, pathetic excuses for public servants who are supposed to be representing a constituency of citizens who have to live with the circumstances of their timid folly.

You don’t even have the courage to face down an out of control president, even when he makes a deal with the devil. Don’t you bunch of timid capons even care what kind of world you’re leaving to your children and grandchildren, not to even mention the rest of us? Are you really party partisans before you’re parents and grandparents or even human beings?

Be honest with yourselves a minute, go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and ask the person you see this question.

“Do I really believe that Iran will not use the money we’re releasing to them to finance terrorists to kill Americans, and, when, not if, but when, the Iranians develop their nuclear device, will they really use it against America and Israel?”

You can’t hide from the truthful answer to that question forever, an answer will be required of you one day."

Signed: Charlie Daniel
Chuck43, Oreste, Zoomybaby and 3 others like this.
IDPA (CCP)
os-wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-25-2015, 08:25 PM   #2

I wish he would run for a congressional seat from Tennessee. He has always been a great American.
Lineman likes this.
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:28 AM   #3

Originally Posted by os-wiz View Post
Entire letter here: An open letter on Facebook by the Charlie Daniel?s band is going viral | FOX2now.com

"The courageous politicians that once championed this nation have been replaced, for the most part, by a breed of milksop, politically correct, scared of their own shadow, pushover, pathetic excuses for public servants who are supposed to be representing a constituency of citizens who have to live with the circumstances of their timid folly.

You don’t even have the courage to face down an out of control president, even when he makes a deal with the devil. Don’t you bunch of timid capons even care what kind of world you’re leaving to your children and grandchildren, not to even mention the rest of us? Are you really party partisans before you’re parents and grandparents or even human beings?

Be honest with yourselves a minute, go into the bathroom and look in the mirror and ask the person you see this question.

“Do I really believe that Iran will not use the money we’re releasing to them to finance terrorists to kill Americans, and, when, not if, but when, the Iranians develop their nuclear device, will they really use it against America and Israel?”

You can’t hide from the truthful answer to that question forever, an answer will be required of you one day."

Signed: Charlie Daniel
Israel is asking the same damn question. We elected a President who HATES Israel and knows EXACTLY what Iran is up to and does not care. God help us.
Oreste likes this.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:01 AM   #4

While I generally agree with Daniel's sentiments about the US Congress, what would he have us do about Iran? Do we really want to get involved in another Middle East war? Didn't we learn anything in Iraq? Should the President have sent bombers to Iran instead of John Kerry? How many Americans should have to die in Iran to appease the Prime Minister of Israel? It's Bull$hit. If Israel wants to start a war with Iran, let them do it themselves. I don't think the American people want to see any more flag-draped coffins arriving at Dover Air Force Base . . .

I hear a lot of rhetoric, but never any answers to these questions.

Marshall, bhunted and Ice-and-Snow like this.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #5

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
While I generally agree with Daniel's sentiments about the US Congress, what would he have us do about Iran? Do we really want to get involved in another Middle East war? Didn't we learn anything in Iraq? Should the President have sent bombers to Iran instead of John Kerry? How many Americans should have to die in Iran to appease the Prime Minister of Israel? It's Bull$hit. If Israel wants to start a war with Iran, let them do it themselves. I don't think the American people want to see any more flag-draped coffins arriving at Dover Air Force Base . . .

Yea but didn't the US Govt in not so many words, say well, we don't want you to blah blah...and we will not stand behind you as an allie? I'm all for Israel beating them down. But, nobody seems to agree with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - USCAA - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:52 PM   #6

Originally Posted by bhunted View Post
Yea but didn't the US Govt in not so many words, say well, we don't want you to blah blah...and we will not stand behind you as an allie? I'm all for Israel beating them down. But, nobody seems to agree with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well . . . no. The government of the United States does not tell Israel what it can and can't do. In fact, Israel had decided to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities a number of years ago (2010, 2011?) but determined that it had no feasible way to do so. Israel does not possess long range bombers, and Iran is not "next door" to Israel. Other countries separate the two. What Benjamin Netanyahu really wanted was for the United States to bomb Iran, starting a war that Israel would cheerlead, but not fight in. Be thankful that this particular President was not dumb enough to fall for it, and get more Americans killed and maimed in the Middle East for no good reason.

I have said it before: President Obama has proved repeatedly during his tenure that he is not a good negotiator. Keep in mind, however, that this was a "team" negotiation with other participants, and not just a bi-lateral agreement between the US and Iran.

Think of it this way: Your siblings and you (three brothers and two sisters) decide to purchase a replacement vehicle for your father and mother. You all go to see Zoomybaby at his car dealership and look at some vehicles. You all begin to negotiate with Zoomy, but everybody has a different idea on what kind of vehicle should be purchased: car or truck, late model or a little older, powerful V8 engine or smaller economical engine, two-door or four-door, automatic or stick, etc. Finally, after a great deal of discussion, you all agree on a selection, and you sign a purchase contract with Zoomy. Everybody is happy.

Then, you get back home and tell your wife about it. She doesn't like the deal, and she doesn't agree. She nags you to go back and re-negotiate the contract with Zoomy and get a better deal. How likely is it, do you suppose, that Zoomy would be willing to renegotiate a deal for a vehicle that he has already sold? How likely is it that your siblings (named China, Russia, Germany, France and Great Britain) would go along with your idea of trying to renegotiate? Nobody seems to be thinking about these issues.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:34 AM   #7

WMD or not Iraq had to hit just to topple Saddam. 14 UN resolutions. Someone had too. How would you like if the man who brutally raped your daughter was given probation the. Had violated that probation 14 times and no one ever did a thing about it?

Essentially the world put Saddam on probation for using gas on the Kurds and his own people. For invading a neighbor etc etc etc.

Now the staying 10 years for "nation building"? I agree we should not have done. Just kill Saddam tell the Iraqis to build a new government and play nice with others or we will bomb the shit out of them again.
Chuck43 and Jflytle like this.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Mike240 View Post
WMD or not Iraq had to hit just to topple Saddam. 14 UN resolutions. Someone had too. How would you like if the man who brutally raped your daughter was given probation the. Had violated that probation 14 times and no one ever did a thing about it?

Essentially the world put Saddam on probation for using gas on the Kurds and his own people. For invading a neighbor etc etc etc.

Now the staying 10 years for "nation building"? I agree we should not have done. Just kill Saddam tell the Iraqis to build a new government and play nice with others or we will bomb the shit out of them again.

Well, you are not answering the question directly, but you seem to be advocating an attack on Iran by the United States. Keep in mind that such an action would inevitably lead to a protracted war in which a lot of Americans would be killed and wounded. Iran is militarily much more sophisticated than Iraq, so it would be bloody. Some Americans would be captured and subjected to Sharia Law, which is the law of the land in Iran. That fanatical country would, once again, hold American hostages. They might hold public beheadings of Americans in their Soccer stadiums like they do to their own citizens.

Do you really believe that a majority of the American people want to see that? Seriously?

The Iran Nuclear Agreement prevents the development of nuclear weapons in Iran for 15 years. If they violate the agreement and build bombs, or if the agreement expires in 15 years and they try to build a bomb, we can still attack them at that time. What's the hurry? We will still have our bombers, and we will still have our "bunker buster" bombs. Young American men and women should not be sent into harm's way for no good reason other than to salve the egos of a few Israeli and American politicians.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:34 PM   #9

Well, you are not answering the question directly, but you seem to be advocating an attack on Iran by the United States. Keep in mind that such an action would inevitably lead to a protracted war in which a lot of Americans would be killed and wounded. Iran is militarily much more sophisticated than Iraq, so it would be bloody. Some Americans would be captured and subjected to Sharia Law, which is the law of the land in Iran. That fanatical country would, once again, hold American hostages. They might hold public beheadings of Americans in their Soccer stadiums like they do to their own citizens.

Do you really believe that a majority of the American people want to see that? Seriously?

The Iran Nuclear Agreement prevents the development of nuclear weapons in Iran for 15 years. If they violate the agreement and build bombs, or if the agreement expires in 15 years and they try to build a bomb, we can still attack them at that time. What's the hurry? We will still have our bombers, and we will still have our "bunker buster" bombs. Young American men and women should not be sent into harm's way for no good reason other than to salve the egos of a few Israeli and American politicians.
I never spoke of boots on the ground. No one can beat us in a technical war. Air power and missile platforms. Punitive action is different than nation building. The citizens should rebuild their own nation not us.

Are you saying wait 12 or so years of secret building before we take action? After giving them 150 billion to build a better war machine? This deal is bad for us and the world. And in the long run the regular Iranian people who will pay the price for the actions of a radical theocracy.

When the government is not acting in the best interest of the people at some point they need to correct it. Hmmm maybe more than once.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Mike240 View Post
I never spoke of boots on the ground. No one can beat us in a technical war. Air power and missile platforms. Punitive action is different than nation building. The citizens should rebuild their own nation not us.

Are you saying wait 12 or so years of secret building before we take action? After giving them 150 billion to build a better war machine? This deal is bad for us and the world. And in the long run the regular Iranian people who will pay the price for the actions of a radical theocracy.

When the government is not acting in the best interest of the people at some point they need to correct it. Hmmm maybe more than once.

I never spoke of boots on the ground, either. But if you think that American aircraft would not be shot down, either by SAMs or by Iranian fighters, then you are kidding yourself. Ask John McCain about getting shot down. North Vietnam was a whole lot less sophisticated than Iran, yet they managed to shoot down more than 2,000 American fixed-wing aircraft plus a number of helicopters.

Iran is not Iraq. They WILL shoot down some number of US aircraft, and some of the crews of those aircraft will be captured. Some will be killed. Some will be severely wounded. Iran has a sophisticated Russian-designed and built air defense system. It has anti-ship missiles, and it has short and medium-range surface-to-surface (SSM) missiles capable of striking Israel, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.

How many Americans knew that North Vietnam had a sophisticated air defense system with SAM missiles? The people who were promoting the war knew. I knew. Robert McNamara knew. We knew as early as 1960 & 1961. But the American people were not told. The pilots and other aircraft crew members were also probably not told. So how many Americans do you think realize that other Americans will surely die or become hostages if the United States attacks Iran by air?

I think that most Americans would prefer to not get involved in another war in the Middle East. Do you really believe differently?

Last edited by Richard; 08-27-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote