Coronavirus Live Map - Page 3 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2020, 05:45 AM   #21

before you let your kids play with bubble wrap...remember it's probably filled with Chinese air.
motormac likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2020, 07:05 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
105 cases in the US reported this morning, Chicago reported it's 1st case overnight.

and the number is up to 122 tonight, it's growing by the hour. In the Chicago area they are advising to stock up on things like bottle water and that about drove me crazy. We get our water from lake Michigan, it's tested and treated before it enters our pipelines. For a comparison the cheapest bottle water I could find locally boils down to $3.20 a gallon, my tap water is $11.45 per 1000 gallons, I'll bet the bottle water drinkers bitch about the price of gas $2.48 by me.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:56 AM   #23

My well water is pretty much the best there is, but it's not so good that I'm drinking out of the toilet when the power goes out. City water sounds pretty good to me in that regard, but I've seen too many action movies to trust it. There's always terrorists putting stuff in the water supply! I mean, the closest thing to that ever actually happening was that time there was an algal bloom out of nowhere out in the midwest somewhere or something, and half a million people had no drinking water for two weeks or something and water bottles were forty bucks, but yeah. Anyway. I've been meaning to buy a few jugs, but for some reason I haven't gotten around to it yet.
JBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2020, 03:57 AM   #24

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
and the number is up to 122 tonight, it's growing by the hour. In the Chicago area they are advising to stock up on things like bottle water and that about drove me crazy. We get our water from lake Michigan, it's tested and treated before it enters our pipelines. For a comparison the cheapest bottle water I could find locally boils down to $3.20 a gallon, my tap water is $11.45 per 1000 gallons, I'll bet the bottle water drinkers bitch about the price of gas $2.48 by me.
That bottled water may be expensive but when your cities water distribution system has a catastrophic failure like ours did in February of last year, that bottled water is a luxury that can't be complained about. A large water main ruptured in Feb 2019 but they couldn't find where the breach was. For 75K residents impacted, with another 20K county connections affected the time it took to find and isolate the rupture seemed like eternity. It took days to find the rupture because it was under a rain swollen river that was near flood stage. Suppose this coronavirus thing gets to pandemic proportions and a large amount of city workers end up under quarantine or in the hospital it could very quickly go south with limited volume and quality of city water. I try to have at least 3 to 4 cases of bottled water on hand at all times. I also have single and family sized Life Straws in storage and I also have a couple Water Bob bath tub sized plastic storage bladders that I can fill if there is advanced warning or a slow drop in water availability. Humans don't last long without water. I also have plans for developing an independent water supply for my home. At any rate, I wouldn't totally trust the city supplied water system. I also have used an RO purification system in my home for around 35 years because I don't care for all the chemicals that are in city water. I'd have one even if I had a well.
motormac likes this.

"Ancient hatreds & modern weapons-that's my kind of show" - George Carlin

"Realism can sometimes be mistaken for pessimism!"
© 2019

Join Gun Owners of America
https://gunowners.org/join/
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:45 AM   #25
Super Moderator

6 more cases reported overnight, the total is now at 128 in the USA.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #26

Originally Posted by motormac View Post
Seven things you should know about the coronavirus, written by a registered nurse �� :

1. Coronavirus itself isn’t new. Just like influenza, coronavirus is a family of respiratory viruses, and there are multiple strains, which have the ability to change over time. Coronavirus is already common in the United States, and has been for years. I have personally cared for patients with this diagnosis.

2. Novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is the strain we’re hearing about in the news. It emerged in Wuhan, China at the end of 2019.

3. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Just like the flu and common cold, it is spread person to person via respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

4. According to the World Health Organization, as of February 26, there have been 2,918 confirmed cases of COVID-19 outside of China. 53 of these are in the United States. There have been 44 deaths, none in the United States. Compare this to influenza, which the CDC estimates will infect between 29,000,000 and 41,000,000 people in the United States alone during the 2019-20 season, resulting in 16,000 to 41,000 deaths.

5. “But there’s no cure!” You’re right. There’s no magic pill that cures the flu either. But there is a flu vaccine (that doesn’t cause autism) that can protect you from our most common respiratory viruses. Maybe go get one.

6. So, why are we panicking? Frankly, because the media tells us to. Manufacturing a pandemic is a great way to boost ratings, but everything science knows so far about COVID-19 has revealed it to be no more than yet another respiratory virus (and there are thousands).

7. The scariest part of COVID-19 isn’t the virus itself, it’s the resulting baseless mass paranoia. Hospitals are hoarding supplies, creating shortages of PPE necessary to protect healthcare workers and patients. Cities are refusing to house and treat sick people who have nowhere else to go. People are using the virus as an excuse for their own social prejudices.

So, what can you do? Turn off the TV and arm yourself with the facts. Stop the spread of false information.

And for Pete’s sake, wash your hands.

(Information & statistics obtained directly from the CDC & WHO)

Want to know more? Learn from the experts:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

thanks for the post
speedydg13 likes this.
Oklahomabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:59 AM   #27

The Arnold (Schwartenegger) Sports Festival in Columbus is not allowing spectators this year. Sorry all you restaurant owners downtown. And they are "screening" competitors coming in at the airport. Talk about feel good solutions.
Krazeehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:56 AM   #28

https://www.facebook.com/officialben...1749143874940/

great advise
motormac likes this.
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #29

Lead by example!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #30
Super Moderator

We're now up to 162 cases in the USA.