Coronavirus Live Map - Page 40 - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2021, 07:41 AM   #391

The CDC has changed guidelines in their website repeatedly since 2019.
Those links are gone.
The information on n95 masks are written on the box.
The CDC doesnt dispute it, they just say we need to save them for health care workers.

Surgical masks are to keep spittle from falling into open wounds during surgery, not to prevent viruses.

Prior to Covid panic, if you went to the hospital with the flu/h1n1/pneumonia, precautions were taken, but no one wore a surgical mask.

When ebola was a concern, no one wore surgical masks....or cloth masks. They wore a full biohazard suit that made them look like an astronaut.

As far as cloth masks go...staph infection is real, and people restricting their airway is dangerous.

Here is some common sense for you:

If you can smell a fart through your mask, it aint stopping a microscopic virus.

But again. it is still a free country and you are free to dress however you like.
I do not harass anyone for exercising their right to wear whatever they want.
I just won't suspend common sense either.

There is a small gun store near me with a sign that reads:

"If you enter this store wearing a mask we will assume you are trying to rob the place."
Old 01-12-2021, 09:24 AM   #392

Sorry Bad Ninja, but absent a link to the CDC which you have failed to provide, your assertions appear false. As reported above, originating from fake photos and false allegations posted on FaceBook as outlined in post#390.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:57 AM   #393

I am not on FB, I saw the same thing. Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar of last year I was visiting the CDC's website almost every day for updates, the information was constantly changing. Everything they have flip-flopped on went down the memory hole. If you aren't paying attention to it in real time and you miss it there's no going back, unless someone saved it to an archiving site somewhere. I haven't bothered checking it in months, for hopefully obvious reasons.

In other news, after all this time I finally know someone personally who has been confirmed to have it who I didn't find out through rumor. Guy who works for my company is in quarantine. I was texting him yesterday, his wife can't taste or smell, he feels like he has seasonal allergies. If her symptoms hadn't been obvious, he wouldn't have assumed he had it, so there's a good chance it's going to work it's way through the company now because he's probably been around a bunch of us. My state still allegedly has the 5th highest covid death rate in the nation, so I'm still not sure how I made it through all of 2020 without personally knowing anyone who's died or been hospitalized in this state when I know hundreds and hundreds of people and almost none of them were locked down/sheltered in place. Supposedly we've identified two unrelated cases of the super scary new super strain here though, so maybe 2021 will be the year when we all find out in person why the world has been fucking itself all this time...

Old 01-13-2021, 06:33 AM   #394

John Hopkins Mask Myths

MYTH: Wearing a cloth mask will make me sick because of carbon dioxide poisoning.

When you exhale, carbon dioxide leaves your lungs and exits the body through your nose or mouth. Carbon dioxide is a gas made up of small molecules. These molecules are so small that they can pass through many materials, including the materials used to make masks. If you are using a medical-grade or cloth mask, carbon dioxide will pass through safely. It will not accumulate inside the mask or make you sick. Remember that wearing a mask may be a new experience for you, but medical providers have been wearing masks safely for decades to protect themselves while helping others.

MYTH: Wearing a cloth mask will make me sick because mold will build up in it.

Cloth masks can be used safely more than once if you wash them each day. Proper laundering of cloth masks removes any viruses, bacteria or respiratory secretions that may build up on the mask. You should wash your cloth mask with soap and water after you are done using it for the day. It should be completely dry before you use it again. Clean, dry masks will not develop mold or make you sick.

https://www.hopkinsallchildrens.org/...rus-Facial-Cov
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:48 AM   #395

well now than grifter joe is in, no need for the fear...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/h...ty-future.html

Now the virus is endemic...and only a nuisance..like the common cold.

Read the article. The narrative just changed.

Feel played yet?
Old 01-13-2021, 08:00 AM   #396
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bad ninja View Post
Now the virus is endemic...and only a nuisance once immunity is widespread in adults ..like the common cold.

Feel played yet?

You forgot to post the entire quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:20 AM   #397

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
You forgot to post the entire quote

I posted a link to the entire article, and encouraged reading it.

I don't lie, or intentionally post anything I know to be inaccurate.
Im not always right, but I don't bullshit people.

I also encourage others to use common sense.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:22 AM   #398

Herd immunity.
Had we not shut down the country, and implemented these BS lockdowns, we could have been here months ago...but here we are.

Expect more of these articles to start changing the narrative.
joe needs an economic win.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:46 AM   #399

Originally Posted by bad ninja View Post
joe needs an economic win.
I'm not sure he does. He and his whole team support The Great Reset, which America at large will never participate in until every proof of American exceptionalism has been completely destroyed and the population has no hope a good economy will ever return.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:42 AM   #400