Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2020, 06:49 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Here, hold my beer:

Here, hold my beer:

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise Line told Trump, “We can match those big Navy Hospital Ships with some fully staffed cruise ships.” GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, “We’ve got kitchens and staff, we can feed kids.”

Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.” Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors.” Breweries are making sanitizer out of leftover ingredients.

We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

America is saying, “Hey, hold my beer and watch this!”

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, “I think we have awakened sleeping giant.”

Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better!

And stop listening to the hysterical media!
Old 03-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #2

Couldn't have said it better!
Chuck43 and DeOlMan like this.
Bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #3

Great advice!

That admiral was Yamamoto, who also offered the phrase "I fear an invasion of the USA would yield a rifle behind every blade of grass".

He was right, and it's one reason we were never invaded, and never have been. Thank God for our Second Amendment!

Now it's up to us to keep it, and make sure we all vote. We will prevail!
Rick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #4

Amen Chuck.....
Chuck43 likes this.
Sig Nightmare Carry .45

Tomorrow is promised to no one.
Doons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #5

If memory serves, I believe what Yamamoto said after the Pearl Harbor attack was “I fear we have awakened the sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve.”
Chuck43, CharlieW, Jflytle and 2 others like this.
WaveGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #6

Please please stop the media. I got it in my head they are one of the main reasons for the hysteria.
RustyIron and DaveinNC like this.
RickByus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:19 PM   #7

Doesn't help that the most popular movies people are watching
right now are all about viruses
Shootinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #8

Originally Posted by RickByus View Post
Please please stop the media. I got it in my head they are one of the main reasons for the hysteria.
Go with what you have in your head. This is not good but it is not Armageddon. When this all flushes out, the numbers will show many more people died from the flu this year. The deep state media is trying their best to undermine the PREZ and just like the Russian Thing and Impeachment, it has backfired. Orange MAN bad is right, let’s get back to the new normal... social spacing, anal approach to germs and keeping clean... and move on. With one caveat... stupid people who intentionally try to spread the disease are considered active targets.

New York and California... blue... duh!
Chuck43, Jflytle and wayne like this.
Sig Nightmare Carry .45

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Last edited by Doons; 03-25-2020 at 08:27 PM.
Doons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:19 PM   #9

Woman allegedly tried to contaminate food at Gerrity's supermarket
The woman came into Gerrity's, said she had coronavirus and purposely coughed on the food.

HANOVER TOWNSHIP, Pa. — A supermarket said it had to throw out thousands of dollars in food after a scare from a customer.

The co-owner of Gerrity's said a woman purposely coughed on food in the store's produce, bakery, and meat case Wednesday afternoon.

Gerrity's management said it is working to make sure the woman is being tested for coronavirus but the store had no choice but to throw away about $35,000 worth of food and clean those areas.
The woman has not been identified but Gerrity's said police are investigating and charges may be filed.

Gerrity's Supermarket
4 hours ago

Today was a very challenging day.

At 2:20 PM today, I got a call from our Hanover Township store. The manager informed me that a woman, who the police know to be a chronic problem in the community, came in to the store and proceeded to purposely cough on our fresh produce, and a small section of our bakery, meat case and grocery.

While there is little doubt this woman was doing it as a very twisted prank, we will not take any chances with the health and well-being of our customers. We had no choice but to throw out all product she came in contact with. Working closely with the Hanover Township health inspector, we identified every area that she was in, we disposed of the product and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected everything.

Although we have not yet quantified the total loss, we estimate the value to be well over $35,000. We are checking to see if our insurance company will cover it, but even if they do, our rates will surely go up next year. I am also absolutely sick to my stomach about the loss of food. While it is always a shame when food is wasted, in these times when so many people are worried about the security of our food supply, it is even more disturbing.

Our incredible team did the best they could to get the woman out of the store as fast as possible. The police were contacted immediately and the case has been escalated to the District Attorney’s Office. They have assured me that they will be aggressively pursuing numerous charges. In addition, while we do not believe the woman is truly infected, they will make every effort to see that she is tested.

The only silver lining to this travesty is that it gave us the unfortunate opportunity to test our protocols and demonstrate how seriously we take your safety. At one point, we had over 15 employees involved in the disposal and clean up.

I would like to thank every member of our organization who pitched in today to help, especially those of you who came in on your day off and those who stayed late. I would also like to thank the people who will going in early tomorrow to get the departments restocked. One thing is for sure, we will have the cleanest display and freshest produce anywhere in northeast PA.

-Joe Fasula
Co-owner
Old 03-25-2020, 11:10 PM   #10

Yea, for American ingenuity and the git-er-done attitude!

When this all washes out let's hope our leadership resolves to develop a strategic initiative toward preparation on a national scale. There's no excuse for our industrial medical, pharmaceutical, military, mining and agricultural supply to be dependent on adversarial totalitarian regimes like Chi-na.