The USPS has gone to hell - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree244Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2020, 07:06 PM   #1
Super Moderator

The USPS has gone to hell

I can't believe how bad the USPS has gotten, I placed 5 orders with different places about 1 week before Thanksgiving.

I received 1 about 5 days later.

1 is showing delayed at a Florida P.O. with an expected delivery date of 12-1, hasn't changed in over a week.

1 shows shipped from Georgia to Mississippi, they can't find it.

1 shows being dropped off at a P.O. in California never to be seen again.

All have tracking numbers, they all show actually being received at a Post Office.

This has to be an all-time low for the USPS.
2sharp2, OLE442, krunchnik and 8 others like this.
Remove Ads
Old 12-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #2

Yes, but their shipping rates are less than UPS and FedEx so I usually choose USPS when I have the choice. I just click the buy button and forget about it. I figure it will get here when it gets here regardless of how many times I trace it or complain on Internet forums. If there's something I need right way I'll pay a higher premium to ship it via UPS or FedEx and avoid blood pressure spikes waiting for USPS.
Oklahomabound likes this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #3

You're not alone, Chuck. The USPS blows.

I've seen stuff sit in an Eastern distribution center for days. Then it shows up on the West Coast. Then it's at my local post office. Then it's back at a distribution center. They could learn something about shipping from the Chinese.
MPO Southy, Chuck43, JC45 and 3 others like this.

Join the NRA
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #4

Don't get me or Rick started on USPS!!

You guys remember the .44mag Winchester lever action I bought back in October?? Well the big red Priority envelope with tracking that I mailed the Postal Money Order in to this day is still showing "In Transit" to Colorado...
I had to pay $6.25 to initiate a "Money Order Inquiry" so the post office can investigate that it's lost and has NOT been cashed before I can get my money back on the $935.00 MO.
I got a official letter from USPS last week they should be sending me a refund check within the next 15 business days, I counted today it's only been 7 days since I got that letter.
Today I found our mail and 4 or 5 bag type packages CRAMMED into our big mailbox like garbage.
Yesterday afternoon I found a box on the front porch while taking Kracker outside and it had Walmart logo's on it. When I picked it up I heard something rattling like broken glass. Asked wifey what she ordered, shirts and pants for her Dad ok, what else two big scented candles that come in glass jars with a lid. I could smell apple/cinnamon. Yep one of the candles was DRT...(dead right there) broke all to hell. Now it was Sunday and I have no idea if it came by way of USPS or the Brown truck?

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

Kimber 84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
Kimber SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
Kimber 84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:36 PM   #5

If you want it lost use USPS. If it gets to its destination they will leave it on the front porch which it will then be stolen by some degenerate!
Chuck43, Bish, wayne and 1 others like this.
huskyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #6

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
Today I found our mail and 4 or 5 bag type packages CRAMMED into our big mailbox like garbage.
You're a middleman, brother. You pay to have one truck bring garbage and put it in a box by the street. You bring the pile out of the box and into the house, where you check it to make sure there's nothing important obscured within the Pottery Barn catalogs. Then you have to take the pile out back and put it into a bin. Then on Wednesday, you pay another giant truck to come and haul it away.

I don't know why they don't just send the garbage man directly to the post office, and leave us out of the equation.

It's 6:45, and our mailman still hasn't come by the house. He's always racking up twelve hour days. If they REALLY wanted to fix the USPS, they'd just sell it to Jeff Bezos.
Chuck43, wayne and Oklahomabound like this.

Join the NRA

Last edited by RustyIron; 12-07-2020 at 08:45 PM.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:52 PM   #7

How I feel about USPS.

Chuck43 and Jflytle like this.
Hawker800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #8

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
You're a middleman, brother. You pay to have one truck bring garbage and put it in a box by the street. You bring the pile out of the box and into the house, where you check it to make sure there's nothing important obscured within the Pottery Barn catalogs. Then you have to take the pile out back and put it into a bin. Then on Wednesday, you pay another giant truck to come and haul it away.

I don't know why they don't just send the garbage man directly to the post office, and leave us out of the equation.

It's 6:45, and our mailman still hasn't come by the house. He's always racking up twelve hour days. If they REALLY wanted to fix the USPS, they'd just sell it to Jeff Bezos.

Exactly right except the BIG YELLOW truck comes on Thursday however your almost correct yellow truck comes early or at least before I want to drag my ass and the huge can to the street so I move it out on Wednesday evening.
Chuck43, RustyIron, wayne and 2 others like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

Kimber 84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
Kimber SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
Kimber 84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:26 PM   #9

People used to take pride in their work. Now they can even pass a drug test.
Markie and Oklahomabound like this.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:56 PM   #10

My Dad and his 2 brothers are rolling in the ground. they had 105 yrs total service to the old PO Dept, retiring end of 1965 at a final pay of $6500/year after 35 years.
Chuck43, Markie and Oklahomabound like this.
langenc is offline   Reply With Quote