Something you might want to put on your Christmas list - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Something you might want to put on your Christmas list

I did a little Christmas shopping for my son today. Went out to Cabela's and picked up a LaserLyte training .45 cartridge and training target. Well I got it home and wanted to see how well it worked so I carefully unwrapped everything and set it up. I chambered the cartridge in my Kimber Super Carry Pro and started shooting across the room (10') fired off 5 shots and got a nice tight group. Then I moved it into the next room and was shooting at 20' then down the hallway at 30'. The darn thing is great, I was having a ball, I'll bet I ripped off about close to 300 shots today. Talk about taking dry fire to the next level it's great. Now I have to go back to Cabela's and get another one for my son.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Now I have to go back to Cabela's and get another one for my son.
Now that's funny!
Fleamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #3

I watched the You Tube video and love it,but don't quite understand about how a gun is used.Does the gun have to be taken apart to put the cartridge in?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #4

Chuck, Your costing everyone money posting that!
Marshall likes this.
sbubrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #5

Just checked out the Utube video's on this thing I think the guy said about $140.00. Does that come with the piece that goes in the barrel? There was another video without the target and was talking about $75.

Tell us more Chuck!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Super Moderator

The training cartridge and target are separate not a set. I got them on sale but the average prices seem to be $80.00 for the cartridge and $129.00 for the target.

To install the cartridge lock open the slide and manually chamber the cartridge, you have to give it a little push to fully seat it. There are two O-rings on the cartridge that hold it in the chamber. Now to cock the gun you can either thumb the hammer back or rack the slide, the training cartridge will not be ejected. When you're done playing I found the easiest way to remove the cartridge was to use a pencil, stick the eraser end down the barrel and give it a little push.

You don't need the target to have fun with this bad boy, the laser will let you know if you hit your target when snap shooting across the room.

When you shoot at the target a red dot will light up indicating where you hit. After firing multiple shots at the target hit the lower left hand dot labeled "display" and it will light up your group. A hit in to the lower right hand dot labeled "reset" will clear your hits and your ready to go again.

Training cartridges are available in .380, 9mm, 40SW and .45ACP.

Batteries ARE included with both items.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #7

I got this a while back for my 9mm. (Midway had them on sale) It works great. I have a Walther P99, so it doesn't need to be cocked each time and I can do rapid fire as well. It's a pretty cool toy.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #8

Dam it Chuck, you posted this a few days ago, I have been pondering this since. I will be off to pick one up at the Bass Pro here in Vegas later today.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
I got this a while back for my 9mm. (Midway had them on sale) It works great. I have a Walther P99, so it doesn't need to be cocked each time and I can do rapid fire as well. It's a pretty cool toy.
I was beginning to think that I was the only toy nut on the forum, have you seen the new targets they recently came out with? They call them "Plinking Cans," hit them in the sweet spot and they topple over. These would work great with your Walther because you could hit them with rapid fire.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I was beginning to think that I was the only toy nut on the forum, have you seen the new targets they recently came out with? They call them "Plinking Cans," hit them in the sweet spot and they topple over. These would work great with your Walther because you could hit them with rapid fire.
Damn you! I have not seen them, but now I must find one!
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

somting i might want for christmiss

Click on a term to search for related topics.