What a Republican Wants to do for Us - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #1

What a Republican Wants to do for Us

John Kasich tells audience member they'd 'get over' his Social Security plan - CNNPolitics.com

He certainly won't get my vote!

Nellybelle likes this.
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
(Gov. John Kasich, his wife Karen and their two daughters have a net worth between $9.1 million and $22.3 million, according to personal financial disclosure records he made public on Friday.)

One thing for sure, he will get over it before we will. What an ass

Nellybelle and Richard like this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #3

I don't care for the man, but that doesn't mean he is wrong. He was just being crass.

Check out the graph and then ask yourself, "How would I fix our $18trillion debt?"

Capture.JPG

Don't forget that "Mandatory Spending" means just that. By Law these items must be funded. In order to change anything in the left side column, the law must be changed.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)

Last edited by Insta-Gator; 10-09-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2015, 05:14 PM   #4

I wouldn't worry about him as he's got a snowballs chance in hell of getting the nomination.Seems like every politician promises to reduce/eliminate the national debt.It will never happen and it will continue to rise until the end of mankind.
Richard likes this.
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #5
Banned

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post

Check out the graph and then ask yourself, "How would I fix our $18trillion debt?"
It's really quite simple. Stop pissing it away.

Several months back, on 60 Minutes I think, it was shown a HUGE Air Force base built in Afghanistan. The base was neither asked for nor needed by the Air Force, yet it was built, and is soon to be occupied as low income housing for local goat ranchers.

Also on 60 Minutes, there was a retired judge in Wyoming that contacted the agency that over sees Medicare to inform them that he had not submitted forms for nor received payment for the quadruple amputation of his arms and legs. That he in fact underwent no such operations, and that he is perfectly healthy and that they should investigate to see who is submitting these fraudulent claims and using his name. If I remember correctly, there was no investigation and yet the payment was sent, probably to some address in Florida.

Yeah, let's deny earned benefits to elderly citizens who paid into the program their entire lives. Yeah, that's the way to do it.
Richard likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #6

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post

A. If I remember correctly, there was no investigation and yet the payment was sent, probably to some address in Florida.
Hey...HEY......stop screwing with my side job.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:26 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
I don't care for the man, but that doesn't mean he is wrong. He was just being crass.

Attachment 8685

Don't forget that "Mandatory Spending" means just that. By Law these items must be funded. In order to change anything in the left side column, the law must be changed.
I have been paying in to Social Security since the early 1950's. I really don't give a rip about the National Debt. This country has been carrying a debt since our country was founded. It spiked in 1945, but subsided substantially in the 1990's under President Clinton. President George W. Bush gave all his rich friends a mammoth tax cut in the early part of his term of office, then he started two wars that had to be paid for. The National Debt then rose again, precipitously. It is politically expedient for unethical politicians to grant tax cuts, even when they know that the money is needed to meet the country's obligations. It gets them elected, and then re-elected. But it is irresponsible, and it leads to an increase in the debt.

What nobody is telling you is that we owe most of that debt to ourselves. Less than half of the National Debit is held by foreign countries, so things aren't nearly as bad as some people would like you to believe. Besides, the United States is a sovereign nation with the power to disavow any debt it chooses, any time it chooses.

"Except for about a year during 18351836, the United States has continuously had a fluctuating public debt since the US Constitution legally went into effect on March 4, 1789. Public debt as a percentage of GDP reached its highest level during Harry Truman's first presidential term, during and after World War II, but fell rapidly in the post-World War II period, and reached a low in 1973. Debt as a percentage of GDP has consistently increased since then, except during the presidencies of Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation..._United_States

Don't panic. The National Debt is the least of our worries.

MPO Southy likes this.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 PM   #8

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
It's really quite simple. Stop pissing it away.

Several months back, on 60 Minutes I think, it was shown a HUGE Air Force base built in Afghanistan. The base was neither asked for nor needed by the Air Force, yet it was built, and is soon to be occupied as low income housing for local goat ranchers.

Also on 60 Minutes, there was a retired judge in Wyoming that contacted the agency that over sees Medicare to inform them that he had not submitted forms for nor received payment for the quadruple amputation of his arms and legs. That he in fact underwent no such operations, and that he is perfectly healthy and that they should investigate to see who is submitting these fraudulent claims and using his name. If I remember correctly, there was no investigation and yet the payment was sent, probably to some address in Florida.

Yeah, let's deny earned benefits to elderly citizens who paid into the program their entire lives. Yeah, that's the way to do it.
We need to overhaul the federal procurement system. I have worked for government contractors, and for the government. The slogan at budgeting time is "Use it or lose it." If funds have been budgeted, but not spent, there is a rush to spend it on anything and everything before the end of the fiscal year so that it won't be lost from the budget for the next fiscal year. Most of these moneys are wasted.

In addition, contractors and suppliers are paid on a "cost plus" basis. This means that they are paid a percentage of their actual costs as profits. The more something costs, the more money they make. There is zero incentive to save money at any point in the process. That's why unneeded air bases and military facilities are being built, and why obsolete aircraft and naval ships are also still being built. The entire Congress is in somebody's pocket.

ALL of the appropriations of funds used to run the government (including the military) originates in the House of Representatives. The President has little to say about it. The House has been controlled by Republicans since 2010. They are supposed to be conservative. Tell me what is conservative about wasting taxpayer money while advocating tax cuts.

montanaResident likes this.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #9

Social Security and Medicare are not actually a part of our national debt as they are funded through stand alone employee/employer payroll deductions and have funds that we have paid set aside for these programs.
They are not part of our national deficit/debt and could be funded for many more years to come with just some minor tweaking.
While those opposed to all and any government social programs would have you believe otherwise, these social programs can easily be kept solvent.
I should point out that many of our social programs those opposed to big government are against are not just for "welfare recipients" but include all public use facilities such as highways and public schools.

Last edited by Trex; 10-10-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #10
Banned

Originally Posted by Trex View Post
Social Security and Medicare are not actually a part of our national debt as they are funded through stand alone employee/employer payroll deductions and have funds that we have paid set aside for these programs.
They are not part of our national deficit/debt and could be funded for many more years to come with just some minor tweaking.
While those opposed to all and any government social programs would have you believe otherwise, these social programs can easily be kept solvent.
I should point out that many of our social programs those opposed to big government are against not just for "welfare recipients" but include all public use facilities such as highways and public schools.
Those programs have been plundered. They are now being paid back month to month, check by check plus interest, i.e. deficit spending since revenue cannot keep up with obligations owed.

Debt held within our borders, to ourselves, is Good? Defaulting on ourselves doesn't sound like a Plan B I want to see.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote