Back yard shooting - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #1

Question Back yard shooting

When I first seriously started acquiring guns, I'd have to go to an indoor pistol range or drive to someones place in the country for the long guns. Having recently relocated to Michigan, we made an strong effort to get in the country. We succeeded such that we have a back yard shooting range. It's great to be able to step out back and send some down range. Hell, the wife and I have had shooting contests to see who's cooking dinner. 10 shots, best score wins.

I'm just wondering who else can BBQ and shoot at the same time? Not boasting here, just curious.
Fleamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #2

Originally Posted by Fleamac View Post
When I first seriously started acquiring guns, I'd have to go to an indoor pistol range or drive to someones place in the country for the long guns. Having recently relocated to Michigan, we made an strong effort to get in the country. We succeeded such that we have a back yard shooting range. It's great to be able to step out back and send some down range. Hell, the wife and I have had shooting contests to see who's cooking dinner. 10 shots, best score wins.

I'm just wondering who else can BBQ and shoot at the same time? Not boasting here, just curious.
Needless to say I am envious. Good for you my friend. Enjoy your time with your wife.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #3

I shoot in the back yard quite often.I live in a very rural area and it is legal as long as I have some sort of burm.I have a big pile of dirt,nothing fancy but it's adaquate.I don't have enough room for safely shooting long guns but I do have 15 yards to set targets up and safely shoot my handguns,and that's what is most important to me.
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #4

luckily we have a rod and gun club 4 miles away. we have pistol all the way to 300 yd. rifle range. also skeet and sporting clays. always a very busy place.
bigdog10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
Super Moderator

I've always dreamed of owning a place with my own shooting range, color me seriously jealous.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #6

Originally Posted by MPO Southy View Post
...I don't have enough room for safely shooting long guns but I do have 15 yards to set targets up and safely shoot my handguns,and that's what is most important to me.
Same here. Legally we can shoot pistols, shot'ies, and 22 rifles. The hunting and AR's are a no no. But, it's been know to happen. My longest range is 50 yrd., great for scoping in the 22's. But mostly we use the shorter pistol range. After the thaw in the spring, I'll have to get a rake and clean up the casings. We made quite a mess breaking in two new guns just before the snow hit.
Fleamac is offline   Reply With Quote

Search tags for this page

back to the yard shootings

Click on a term to search for related topics.