Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree74Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
Super Moderator

When did we lose our way?

When did we lose our way and stop electing presidents like this that respected and supported our military?

Marshall, Oreste, bhunted and 2 others like this.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #2

Spoken by a man who never saw combat, and never left the shores of the United States while in uniform, probably just like the speechwriter who wrote the words he is uttering

"Reagan was ordered to active duty for the first time on April 18, 1942. Due to his poor eyesight, he was classified for limited service only, which excluded him from serving overseas. His first assignment was at the San Francisco Port of Embarkation at Fort Mason, California, as a liaison officer of the Port and Transportation Office. Upon the approval of the Army Air Force (AAF), he applied for a transfer from the cavalry to the AAF on May 15, 1942, and was assigned to AAF Public Relations and subsequently to the First Motion Picture Unit (officially, the "18th Army Air Force Base Unit") in Culver City, California. On January 14, 1943, he was promoted to first lieutenant and was sent to the Provisional Task Force Show Unit of This Is The Army at Burbank, California. He returned to the First Motion Picture Unit after completing this duty and was promoted to captain on July 22, 1943.

In January 1944, Reagan was ordered to temporary duty in New York City to participate in the opening of the Sixth War Loan Drive. He was reassigned to the First Motion Picture Unit on November 14, 1944, where he remained until the end of World War II. He was recommended for promotion to major on February 2, 1945, but this recommendation was disapproved on July 17 of that year. While with the First Motion Picture Unit in 1945, he was indirectly involved in discovering actress Marilyn Monroe. He returned to Fort MacArthur, California, where he was separated from active duty on December 9, 1945. By the end of the war, his units had produced some 400 training films for the AAF.

Reagan never left the United States during the war, though he kept a film reel, obtained while in the service, depicting the liberation of Auschwitz, as he believed that someday doubts would arise as to whether the Holocaust had occurred. It has been alleged that he was overheard telling Israeli foreign minister Yitzhak Shamir in 1983 that he had filmed that footage himself and helped liberate Auschwitz, though this purported conversation was disputed by Secretary of State George Shultz."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald...litary_service

Poor eyesight? I don't seem to recall many pictures of Reagan wearing glasses . . .

"First Motion Picture Unit"? How heroic . . .

While he was bumping elbows with Marilyn Monroe my friends and relatives were fighting and dying in Europe, Africa and the Pacific. Sorry -- I am not impressed.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #3

There isn't any perfect people in this world. Including all of us. It doesn't matter to me if Regan went to war or not. He served our country as Commander and Chief and I have a lot of respect for him. He loved our Country and did support and respect our Military. Regan damn sure had more Character and morals than the people we have running for office now. Thank you for the video Chuck.

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 11-12-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Richard, why do you have to do this shit, it's not about what he did in the service but the respect and support he's shown to the military and the country while he was our president. Have you ever seen a picture of Regan holding his crotch while the pledge of allegiance was being given?

Personally the impression I get from a majority of your posts is that you're against any kind of military action and your primary concern is that your social security check and medicare benefits keep coming. 95% of your posts are agrumentive, seriously what's your problem?
2sharp2, Oreste, bhunted and 4 others like this.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Richard, why do you have to do this shit, it's not about what he did in the service but the respect and support he's shown to the military and the country while he was our president. Have you ever seen a picture of Regan holding his crotch while the pledge of allegiance was being given?

Personally the impression I get from a majority of your posts is that you're against any kind of military action and your primary concern is that your social security check and medicare benefits keep coming. 95% of your posts are agrumentive, seriously what's your problem?
Well, Chuck, have you ever seen any President holding his crotch while the pledge of allegiance was being given? Did you pull that out of your butt?

I voted for Reagan twice. He might have been a good, or even great, President, but that doesn't qualify him to pontificate about the military. He is as phony in that regard as John Wayne. Meanwhile, there were, and are, real American heroes who served their country on foreign shores. How come nobody ever tells us what they have to say? Oh, wait! I understand. Hollywood!

BTW, I am a veteran, and anybody who can read at a third grade level, and who has followed my posts on this forum, would know that. So where do you get off judging my relationship with the military? You couldn't possibly be further off-base. Just because I'm not dumb enough to believe everything I read and hear doesn't mean that you can categorize me. You can't.

I served my country honorably. So did most of the males in my family, including my brother, my father, five of my uncles, two brothers-in-law and several cousins. One of my uncles never returned from France, and another became permanently disabled in North Africa. One of my cousins left a part of his liver in Vietnam. So where do you get off trying to tell me how I feel about the military. You are out of line, Chuck, but I'll chalk it up to you having a bad day, and hold no hard feelings.

Here, learn what Reagan really thought about the military and its veterans: "WASHINGTON, Dec. 26 (1985)– President Reagan's draft budget for the fiscal year 1987 would cut spending on veterans' health care benefits by reducing the number of people treated and, for the first time, by requiring insurance companies to help pay the costs."

U.S. HEALTH CARE FOR VETERANS CUT IN BUDGET DRAFT - NYTimes.com

Remember, this was at a time when we still had a great many Vietnam-era veterans who needed assistance.

Last edited by Richard; 11-11-2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: ETA
Old 11-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Excuse me, that should have read candidate Obama.

bhunted likes this.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #7

Chuck thank you for sharing this video!
Chuck43 and Zoomybaby like this.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #8

Everybody please take a deep breath.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
When did we lose our way and stop electing presidents like this that respected and supported our military?

https://youtu.be/Wt8y18YFH70
Chuck. You said respect and support our military not Super Star War Hero. Just respect and support. Liberals respect only liberals.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #10

Reagan did more for the war effort doing what he does best, then serving in a combat arms unit. He never claimed to be a great warrior, just a great patriot.

I served as a trigger puller, that was my job. Many others have served in military specialties were your main job is not pulling a trigger. That does not mean thier jobs are not important, it's the combined efforts of everyone doing thier job to the best of thier abilities that wins wars.

What we are severely lacking today is the politicions doing thier job. I never trust a politicion who has never served. It's not about being a war hero, it's about doing your part.
Closed Thread