The Dying Breed of Real Men... - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree12Likes
  • 12 Post By Marshall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #1

The Dying Breed of Real Men...

As I was reading this little tribute I couldn't help myself to think of my father and how hard a worker he was...

He worked for 44 years on the freight docks loading and unloading truck after truck for all of those years..In the freezing cold or scalding heat he didn't miss work for anything..

I got to work and watch him work with him for a few years and his work ethic is still talked about even after being retired since 1994 by those that knew him..

On more than one occasion after I was out partying until the late a.m hours,the next day he would tell our boss to make me his working partner to unload a trailer of ammo that was all stacked on the floor and had to be placed on pallets one box at a time...He would work my hungover ass off and make me want to say "Uncle" because I was so freaking wore out..

Watching him today while my mother was in the hospital bed and seeing that he is a lost soul without her around 24/7 had me thinking of many things, but it also made me proud to see where my work ethic came from...

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dying...men-jacob-bass
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads