Do We Need A Cooking Sub Forum? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Do we need a cooking sub forum?
Yes 13 61.90%
No 5 23.81%
No opinion 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Do We Need A Cooking Sub Forum?

There's been a recent interest in cooking and I was wondering if you guys were interested in a place where you can exchange ideas and recipes. In addition to the basic everyday cooking I have a slow cooker, a grill and a smoker. I'm going to post a poll and if we get a good enough positive response I'll present it to one of our administrators and see if we can get it approved. I'm going to keep this thread open for 3 days to give everyone a chance to voice their opinion.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #2

If montana resident keep posting food pictures I think it would be a good idea. I am gaining weight looking at the photos.
Marshall, bhunted and Jflytle like this.
jonh1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
Super Moderator

We've got a lot of long time hunters here and I've never known a hunter that didn't have an old family recipe that's been passed down to them that they'd love to brag about, this could be their opportunity.
bhunted and montanaResident like this.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #4
Super Moderator

How about a sticky in this sub forum and see how active it is before doing a food sub forum?

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Islander View Post
How about a sticky in this sub forum and see how active it is before doing a food sub forum?
This is a sticky in the "Off Topic Discussion" sub form and I'm trying to get a feel for how the membership feels about it. I have to get an idea of how popular it would be with the membership before I can present the idea to the administrators and even then unless they agree it may not happen.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #6

I love cooking on my Big Green Egg. I will be using it for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Would be fun to share ideas with everyone.

Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #7

I would not only be in favor, I would support it. There is not many things I enjoy more than shooting pistols and eating is one of them.
Zoomybaby and Hoffbrew like this.

Last edited by glokrok; 11-14-2015 at 08:41 PM.
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:52 PM   #8

I will be smoking our turkey on my Traeger.. I would love to share the way I will be "cooking" on the day prep begins.
Zoomybaby likes this.
Hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:10 AM   #9

It would be a great idea. In fact, The Harley Riders Forum used to have a cooking sub-section. It started during one barbeque season and evolved.

Most of the discussion here is on handguns, but lots of us are hunters. If we're hunting, than it follows that we're stocking the larder.

Edit: BTW, Chuck, I do not smoke meat, but I know that you do. That operation should be considered part of "cooking" and I'd like to see you DIY outfit, and the things you do in preparation.

Last edited by The Tourist; 11-15-2015 at 03:37 AM.
The Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
There's been a recent interest in cooking and I was wondering if you guys were interested in a place where you can exchange ideas and recipes. In addition to the basic everyday cooking I have a slow cooker, a grill and a smoker. I'm going to post a poll and if we get a good enough positive response I'll present it to one of our administrators and see if we can get it approved. I'm going to keep this thread open for 3 days to give everyone a chance to voice their opinion.
I think it's a GREAT idea...!
My wife & I have a"deal"...She cooks in the winter & I cook in the summer. I'm really proud of my outdoor kitchen & thought I would post a photo since everyone likes pictures. Love to see your cookers
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (3.00 MB, 19 views)
Chuck43, bhunted, glokrok and 3 others like this.
RickOShay is offline   Reply With Quote