• 4 Post By swca
  • 3 Post By The Tourist
  • 2 Post By jonh1373
  • 4 Post By Richard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Isis, isil, daesh

The news and most politicians say ISIS, the president says ISIL and secretary Kerry says Daesh, what's the difference?
Old 11-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #2

Since our president is a Muslim he probably is saying it the way his brothers prefer it.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #3

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
he news and most politicians say ISIS, the president says ISIL and secretary Kerry says Daesh, what's the difference?
Ahhh, I see your confusion. Since I'm not wrapped too tight myself, let me explain "crazy" people to you.

If you tie a rag around your head using a "four-in-hand" knot, then 'ISIS' is the correct diagnosis of your pathology.

If you're mulatto and have trouble pronouncing all those "S" syllables through your fuller lips, that 'ISIL' would be easier.

If you've taken your camel to the prom because you think she's a 'dish,' then you would use the term 'Daesh.'

I prefer "crazed whackadoodle," simply because it's both easier to remember and always factually correct...
Oreste, Hoffbrew and roketdoc like this.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #4

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
The news and most politicians say ISIS, the president says ISIL and secretary Kerry says Daesh, what's the difference?
ISIS: Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.

ISIL: Islamic state of Iraq and Lavant (and old testament word for a geopraphic are including more countries than just Syria).

Daesh: This is a new term recently used by the French. Of course otheres start using it as they no no reality in their life and must mimic everything (I didn't mention Kerry by name did I?)

One definition of the name Daesh, is a "loose acronym" for "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (al-Dawla al-Islamiya al-Iraq al-Sham). The name is commonly used by enemies of ISIS, and it also has many negative undertones, as Daesh sounds similar to the Arabic words Daes ("one who crushes something underfoot") and Dahes ("one who sows discord").
Chuck43 and roketdoc like this.
jonh1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #5

Our Arab allies in the Middle East, including Jordan and Saudi Arabia, use the term DAESH to refer to the terrorists that our news outlets inaccurately refer to as ISIS. It is a term of insult that the terrorists hate. All the more reason to use it.