Donald trump says concealed carry permit holders ‘have an obligation to carry’ - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By Zoomybaby
  • 3 Post By Dude22
  • 1 Post By 1911fan
  • 1 Post By RustyIron

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Donald trump says concealed carry permit holders ‘have an obligation to carry’

Via Breitbart.com:

"There are nearly 13 million concealed carry permit holders in the United States who are part of the 100 million gun owners who defend the Constitutional right to “keep and bear arms.” This fundamental liberty is held closest by those who have gone through the process of vetting required to be entrusted with the ability to defend themselves, their families and their property with concealed weapons.

The concept of concealed carry is as much intended to deter criminal activity as it is to provide direct defense of those who have those permits. Not all concealed carry permit holders “carry” all the time. Thus, the deterrent value is that those who might contemplate criminal behavior will think twice when that doubt exists.

Carrying a weapon is not always feasible or appropriate. However, given the increased tensions that are the result of continued, escalating terrorism around the world, more legitimately armed individuals on the streets is a positive outcome. Each permit holder must make the decision to carry or not carry. I will carry more often than I have in the past, and I am sure other concealed permit holders will do the same. Do we have an obligation to carry? The answer is “yes,” but we must do it in such a way as to raise serious doubts in the minds of those who might be considering violence in America. Deterring violence is far better than dealing with the aftermath of an act of terror. Less blood, more security. That is what will make America great again."
Dude22, 2sharp2, bhunted and 3 others like this.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #2

Nice article, safe to say Trump will get the Support of the NRA

Chuck43 and bhunted like this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #3

I'm not a fan of the Donald, but I like him a little more now! LOL
2sharp2, Zoomybaby and Hoffbrew like this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2015, 07:21 PM   #4

I am not a Trump fan but he is correct in this.
Chuck43 likes this.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:21 PM   #5

Good for him he finally said something smart.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #6

World events are really playing out to benefit his campaign.

He said that our borders need to be controlled. Mexicans living in America became enraged and went wild. A week later, a woman is murdered in San Francisco by an illegal alien. A week after that a woman in Texas is raped by an illegal alien. Trump is vindicated.

Immigrant terrorists attack Paris. Trump says we need to control our borders. Liberals go wild. Syrians are caught trying to cross over the Mexican border. Trump is vindicated.

I think many of his beliefs are similar to my own. The difference is that he's so... so... unsophisticated in his speaking. But maybe his style is better than my own. After all, he's a billionaire and I'm not.

Our last several presidents haven't done a stellar job. Trump is very different than any of them.
Hoffbrew likes this.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:22 AM   #7

I am very opinionated on just about everything and certainly not politically correct.

Discussing politics is potentially opening a can of worms and can cause hard feelings.

However one must ask why Trump is even in the race. If he wins the election, he has to turn over his entire operations to a blind trust third party company in a manner so he does not have any idea how they are doing with managing it as he serves as President.

If you had his conglomerate, would you turn it over to a company you have no say in?

Last edited by 1911fan; 11-21-2015 at 04:29 AM.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote