Do You Still Think The Israelis Are Our Friends? - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree51Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,446
Do You Still Think The Israelis Are Our Friends?

Convicted Israel spy Pollard released after 30 years - CNN.com

Netanyahu has been trying very hard for many years to get Pollard released from prison. He'll be in Israel just as soon as the Israelis can arrange to smuggle him out of the US.



__________________
Richard
NRA Life Member - 1982
Richard is offline  
Remove Ads
Old 11-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,446
Before we get all carried away with our love for Israel, we should remember a bit of History. The USS Liberty was deliberately attacked by Israel in 1967. Thirty-four Americans were killed and and 171 were injured. The Israelis said it was a mistake. The US Secretary of State reached a different conclusion:

"From the start, the response to Israeli statements of mistaken identity ranged between frank disbelief and unquestioning acceptance within the administration in Washington. A communication to the Israeli Ambassador on 10 June, by Secretary Rusk stated, among other things: 'At the time of the attack, the USS Liberty was flying the American flag and its identification was clearly indicated in large white letters and numerals on its hull. ... Experience demonstrates that both the flag and the identification number of the vessel were readily visible from the air.... Accordingly, there is every reason to believe that the USS Liberty was identified, or at least her nationality determined, by Israeli aircraft approximately one hour before the attack. ... The subsequent attack by the torpedo boats, substantially after the vessel was or should have been identified by Israeli military forces, manifests the same reckless disregard for human life.'" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Read the whole article and see how many Americans were deliberately killed and wounded by Israel. The TV documentary was even more chilling.



__________________
Richard
NRA Life Member - 1982
Richard is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,521
Well, why wouldn't I?
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline  
 
Old 11-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,521
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Before we get all carried away with our love for Israel, we should remember a bit of History. The USS Liberty was deliberately attacked by Israel in 1967. Thirty-four Americans were killed and and 171 were injured. The Israelis said it was a mistake. The US Secretary of State reached a different conclusion:

"From the start, the response to Israeli statements of mistaken identity ranged between frank disbelief and unquestioning acceptance within the administration in Washington. A communication to the Israeli Ambassador on 10 June, by Secretary Rusk stated, among other things: 'At the time of the attack, the USS Liberty was flying the American flag and its identification was clearly indicated in large white letters and numerals on its hull. ... Experience demonstrates that both the flag and the identification number of the vessel were readily visible from the air.... Accordingly, there is every reason to believe that the USS Liberty was identified, or at least her nationality determined, by Israeli aircraft approximately one hour before the attack. ... The subsequent attack by the torpedo boats, substantially after the vessel was or should have been identified by Israeli military forces, manifests the same reckless disregard for human life.'" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Read the whole article and see how many Americans were deliberately killed and wounded by Israel. The TV documentary was even more chilling.
and your point is?
Insta-Gator and Oreste like this.
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,446
Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
and your point is?
My point is that the Israelis might be our allies, but they certainly are not our friends. They attacked one of our ships and killed a lot of Americans. I probably knew some of those men, even though they were mostly US Navy. The Israelis also spied on the United States.

My point is that a lot of folks have been lying to the American people for a long time, and they continue to do so. My point is that it is outrageous for a bunch of Congressmen to invite the leader of Israel to address a joint session of Congress even while he is trying to get a spy released from an American prison. My point is that Benjamin Netanyahu would have happily seen the United States go to war with Iran, and many, many Americans are so ignorant of History that they would have willingly gone along with it. My point is that George Santayana was certainly right when he wrote that "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Here is Richard's Corrolary to Santayana's premise: "Those who have never learned History will be unable to remember it."



__________________
Richard
NRA Life Member - 1982
Richard is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
glokrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,521
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
"Those who have never learned History will be unable to remember it."
Deuteronomy 7:7-9King James Version (KJV)

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
__________________
glokrok.com
glokrok is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nevada
Posts: 2,446
Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
Deuteronomy 7:7-9King James Version (KJV)

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
Are you trying to tell us that the Bible is a History Book? Get real!



__________________
Richard
NRA Life Member - 1982
Richard is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Gmountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,178
If you think the Israelis are going to smuggle Pollard out of New York to go live in Israel, I think you need you meds adjusted.

Do I think the Israelis are our friends? Yes. Do they spy on us? Sure, as do the British, French and Germans. And we spy on them. But they are still friends.

Hey, if your neighbor was having a pool party with Playboy bunnies, wouldn't you look over the fence?
Gmountain is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 3,907
God said to Israel, "I will bless those that bless thee and curse those that curse thee". Pray for the peace of Israel.
Chuck43, Oreste and glokrok like this.
Cucamonga kid is offline  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2,773
Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
Hey, if your neighbor was having a pool party with Playboy bunnies, wouldn't you look over the fence?
How old are these bunnies? Are they making noise, is there BBQ, a deli meat&cheese table, fruity drinks, games?
MPO Southy, Marshall and glokrok like this.
montanaResident is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friends of NRA- you will like this Gmountain Off-Topic Discussion Forum 0 10-29-2015 07:48 PM
Heres to New Friends. Zoomybaby Kimber Talk 8 08-20-2015 08:58 AM
Say hello to my lil friends... glokrok Other Firearms 7 03-23-2015 09:25 PM
Our Friends of NRA dinner was last night. Gmountain Off-Topic Discussion Forum 2 10-25-2014 07:18 AM
Took some friends to the range today wolf1956 Kimber 1911 Forum 10 05-05-2014 10:30 AM