• 1 Post By montanaResident
  • 3 Post By Chuck43
  • 2 Post By montanaResident
  • 1 Post By montanaResident

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
Banned

First Grinder Use

Very successful. I thought the turning of the crank might be a problem. Not at all, in fact there is so much leverage I might not even need this grinder mounted.

Venison scraps, some Bacon, an Onion, 2 Garlic Gloves, a Bell Pepper, and a few chili peppers, and this was ground up very fast and easy. I made a quick little patty to see how it taste before putting in some chili, salt, or ground pepper, etc. Nothing else was needed. Excellent!!!

Other then having to do this in the Kitchen (for lack of some 6Ē c-clamps) this was simple, quick and easy. After I get the proper clamps, I can mount this on the bench in the garage and then it will only get faster as I donít have to worry about the possible mess.
The Tourist, Jflytle and roketdoc like this.

Last edited by montanaResident; 06-29-2016 at 01:47 PM.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Excellent, and now you know why buying a smaller grinder would have been a serious mistake.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #3

I was thumbing through a Cabellas catalogue today and thought of you when I got to the section with grinders.Holy cow!I never realized they were so expensive.But if you're processing game I guess they're a "must have".
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
Banned

Originally Posted by MPO Southy View Post
I was thumbing through a Cabellas catalogue today and thought of you when I got to the section with grinders.Holy cow!I never realized they were so expensive.But if you're processing game I guess they're a "must have".
This was $50. I've seen the same one selling for nearly $300 on a sausage/jerky site. Yikes!!!! The high HP electric ones can get expensive, and I don't know what the extra expense buys.

In the past, scraps like I did today largely go to waste. Now they are being utilized perfectly. When butchering a deer the silver skin that exist between many of the muscle groups is a PITA to remove, and not good eating. With the meat grinder, just grind it and enjoy. Whereas before, it is "this is just not worth it", and it goes to waste.

Between grinding game, beef that goes on sale, that is fatty or not a great cut of meat is now perfectly fine for making into burger. Buying burger, since the pink-slime reporting, makes me wonder what the hell is in grocery ground meat. I'll now know for sure, and it will taste a hell of a lot better as I will be in control of any and all extras.
MPO Southy likes this.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #5
Super Moderator

The difference between the manual grinder and the electric grinder is a little bit of perceived sweat and a whole bunch of dollars. My pre teen kids used to spin the crank while I fed the venison and other ingredients into it. All I ever had to do was ask who wants to help make breakfast sausage and I always had a volunteer to work the crank.
Old 12-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #6

Cool Oh Yeah!!!

Sounds like a great piece of equipment, Monty!! I'd do the same, except that my wife does not wish to see whole dead animals or large chunks of raw meat being brought home. So, I drop my deer off with my friend, Perry Pittman at Pittman Meat Processing, in Sharon, Georgia (Yes, this is a commercial!!) In a week, I pick up what is affectionately known around my house as "Bambi In A Box"!!! It's cut, wrapped, labelled and frozen. My wife can deal with that!! It then goes in my "Trophy Room" a.k.a. the freezer in the garage!!

Keep on grinding, Monty!! Power to your crankin' arm!!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #7
Banned

I've been cautioned about taking my meat to the local Meat Processor. What you get back might be a bit of everything and everybody else's meat. I guess when you process tons of meat a week, meat is meat. After the long journey the final destination is the same.

Top Sirloin Roasts are on sale nearby. The best I'll make jerky with, and what isn't ideal, will get ground.

I'm lovin it. You buy something like this for a purpose, and then once in place the other possibilities become evident.
Chuck43 and Richard like this.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #8
Banned

Picked up two 6lbs Top Sirloin roasts the other day. Too much fat to make good jerky with but perfect for grinding. 12lbs in about 20 minutes. The meat was 1/2 frozen and it took both arms a few times, but great looking hamburger in a couple of gallon freezer bags, tucked away in the back of the freezer.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #9

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post

Very successful.
I thought the turning of the crank might be a problem.

Holy cow! I thought you can joined "Grinder," the gay dating app.

Grindr | The world's largest gay social network app
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #10
Banned

Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
Holy cow! I thought you can joined "Grinder," the gay dating app.

Grindr | The world's largest gay social network app
Ive never heard of it. You have?????