So, Who have you introduced to shooting last year? No names please. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #1

So, Who have you introduced to shooting last year? No names please.

My 60 year old sister and her husband came up for a visit last year and I took them out to the BLM shooting range. My sister had never handled a firearm before. They got to shoot everything from a 22 to an M4 and everything in between and they had a ball. They went back to Southern California, O.C. and now they are gun owners applying for their own CC permits. I Think I had more fun than they did; they definitely shot more than I did that day. I was more like a safety instructor. Best thing is he is now looking for his second Kimber.
Chuck43, 2sharp2, Lineman and 4 others like this.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 PM   #2

My SIL talks about wanting to get her CCW. I told her I would teach her to shoot. She just needs to come over and we'd go over the basics in a comfortable, low-key environment, and later head to the range. I've offered a couple times after she brought up the subject, but I think she just wants to go to the range, pull the trigger a couple times, and then consider herself qualified to carry. That's not how I roll. Now when she talks, I no longer offer my assistance. Learn my way, or find another teacher.

There's a young assistant to my martial arts professor. She's a high school girl who is very good, but has told me on two occasions that she has no firearms experience. I'm thinking of mentioning this to my professor, and that I'd take the assistant out and teach her a little bit. She already possesses the proper mentality, and a little bit of real-life experience with guns will make her a more well-rounded warrior.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:42 AM   #3

Cool Rusty, we need to create all the (SAE) Second Amendment Enthusiasts we can. My sister was like, "oh hell yeah" when she shot that M4. I started her off with the 22 Colt M4 then the 556 Colt Magpul M4. Brother-in-law spent most of the afternoon with my Crimson Pro Carry. He just bought a Custom Pro Carry. The guns sell themselves; we just have to introduce them.
Chuck43 and JC45 like this.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:51 AM   #4

By the way, I bought my son the P938 22
conversion kit for Christmas. And I think I'm going to have to get myself one for the purpose of introducing newbys to handgun shooting; starting them off on the 22 and then when they get real comfortable with that, l put the 9 mm slide back on and let them try the real thing. Got it for 199.00 a couple weeks ago. Shoulda ordered 2. For now I have a Chiappa 1911-22. It's not super reliable yet but it's just a range toy.
Chuck43 and RustyIron like this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-18-2015 at 03:58 AM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:15 AM   #5

It's always fun to watch a new shooters face after their first experience with a gun. It's always a smile from ear to ear and on the drive home they always ask about one of you guns that they particularly liked.

Whether it be a handgun,shotgun or rifle I have yet to introduce someone to guns and they came away disappointed.

I agree with Cucamonga, you definitely become a safety instructor and you should. The more gun supporters out there the better for all of us.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #6

Three female baristas at the Barnes & Noble café my wife and I haunt are now/new shooters. Two of them go with me, and one of those two shoots my Kimber...
Old 12-18-2015, 09:36 AM   #7

Awesome! Keep them coming.
Chuck43 likes this.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:38 AM   #8

Three female baristas walk into a bar.......never mind. Wrong Forum Carry-on
Chuck43 likes this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-18-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #9

But seriously folks we need to pass our enthusiasm for our Second Amendment right down to our kids and grandkids. They are being taught in their schools to fear guns and that guns are bad. If we don't pass this down to our offspring we're going to lose the only right that truly keeps us free. Next time we plan a trip to the range stop and think of who we can invite to come with us especially the kids.
JC45 likes this.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #10

Introduced shooting to a handful of woodchucks and a deer or two. Don't think they were too enthused about the sport if you ask me.
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Albert.Cairns is offline   Reply With Quote