• 2 Post By Richard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

News from Virginia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #2

That is most unfortunate. Tennessee made there list. Sounds like something stupid they would do out on the West Coast. I don't understand why they kept some of the states that are not even close to Virginia. Utah and some others.

Had not planned on going to Virginia and now will avoid that state for sure.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #3

Our Governor (Mississippi) has already responded. We will no longer recognize VA permits.
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #4

I didn't see GA on the list...?
Markie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #5

Missouri......

Doesn't require background checks for private sales, transactions at gun shows don't need to be regulated..

The way the Second Amendment was meant to be in my "Show Me State".....IMO
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:15 AM   #6

That sucks, when I travel down south it's almost impossible not to go through Virginia. Maryland was the only obstacle for me. The range by my house gives the class for a Utah license. I may have to take the class. I don't really understand why they would except a Utah permit and not the rest. Anyone can get a Utah permit so how will this help anything.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:28 AM   #7

GA does not recognize the VA license. Probably because VA does not recognize the GA license.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #8

Hmm . . . I was under the impression that Arizona conducted a thorough background check -- one that included all of the types of offense mentioned by Virginia. Is this not the case? Maybe Mike240 could help us out a bit . . .

In Nevada, the state conducts a thorough background check, and gun buyers are forced to pay $25 for that check -- even though it takes only 30 seconds to complete.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:20 AM   #9

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Our Governor (Mississippi) has already responded. We will no longer recognize VA permits.
This kind of political retaliation is exactly what anti-gunners want to see.

Ultimately, they win and we lose when this sort of tit-for-tat is used to erode our rights.

Why don't those governors whose citizens have been adversely affected enforce something that would actually hurt the Virginia politicians who dreamed up this scheme instead of hurting Virginia gun owners who want to travel to other states?

Think about it! If this idea spreads, there will be no more reciprocity. It will be a giant step towards eliminating concealed carry nationwide . . .

Chuck43 and Insta-Gator like this.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:35 AM   #10

From what I can tell North Carolina did not make the list. I am covered under Federal law as a retired LEO, yet I still went out of my way to get a NC concealed carry permit due to being unfamiliar with NC law. NC requires finger prints, back ground checks, completion of a required NC State concealed class as well as range qualification with your weapon, convicted of DV assault no need apply. I know of one guy that had to retain an attorney in order to gain his NC permit. His problem was when he was 18 years old he had a prescription for pain medication, going away for a couple of days he only took with him what he needed. He placed 4 pain killers in a separate bottle. Stopped for speed the officer asked if he had any drugs in the car, Stan said no but I have four pills in my pocket that I take for pain. Being questioned he told the Officer they were prescribed to him and the bottle was home. No pass go but got a summons. Took his bottle to court and the Judge told him if he was a good lad for the next year he would dismiss it. Year when by no problems, 35 years later NC said no CC permit because you have a conviction for drugs. Finally got it all cleared but cost him nearly 3K. This is just the beginning of many more attempts to reduce our rights.

Larry
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote