Burglary & theft - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Burglary & theft

Late Sunday evening into Monday morning ten homes in our private development was broken into. First discovered at 0530 Monday morning, homeowner discovers a $300.00 cooler stolen from his garage as well as someone broke into his wife's car and ransacked it. Deputy Sheriff arrives for report. Home owner, "you going to try and get prints of the car door handles"? Deputy, "no that will just make more of a mess than you have." Deputy never checked any of the other homes in the area, never questioned any neighbors to see if they may have seen or heard anything.

I find out about this incident at 1530 Monday. I took the liberty of asked neighbors on both sides of the victim. Neighbor one, unable to sleep she was up between 2-4, around 0230 she saw a vehicle going up the road with no lights on! (Never thought to call the police or wake her husband) Neighbor two, "my dog was barking like crazy at about 0230". I than walked the entire neighborhood and discovered nine more burglaries, several with very high dollar value damage. Discovered multiple set of extremely full palm prints as well as finger prints where they tried to push windows upward. Very clear sneaker prints where they tried to kick in white steel doors.

Called the Sheriff's Office back and they said nothing they could do because the home owner's are away. When they get back have them call us and we will add them to the list. Wrong frigging answer!

I called for a supervisor and finally did get a different Deputy who had a little more energy than the first. Gave him a description of the vehicle, finger prints, foot wear prints, figured there were two thugs being the car was small and they had a huge, cooler that would take up the entire backseat.

I just finished ordering an exterior motion alarm. Ordered the Chamberlain CWA 2000 with five monitors. Don't need a camera, I want to hear them then go outside and address the situation. Thinking I will take the 410 Judge with me so we can hold a trial. Little pricks! This is money I could be spending on more ammo.

Larry
Chuck43, Marshall, Jflytle and 1 others like this.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
Banned

Sounds like you have a Cracker Jack PD in the area.

"It was Col. Mustard, in the Kitchen with the Knife" "You say that's not it?, Then I have no idea".

montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #3

Deputies or sheriff should be fired. Complacency only encourages these thugs. See something, say something. Really? Why? Keep a good lawyer on retainer and shoot the thieving bastards. Next time they may not be satisfied with a cooler and other items outside the house.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #4

I agree with Gator....The cops aren't doing their job at all...

It does remind me of an episode of Andy Griffith { Cow Thief} where many cows were being stolen and they thought it was the work of three people...

Little did they know it was just one guy and a cow with shoes on...

Hope the judge gets to sentence those thieves eventually...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78df2acb7a93510e97db587e0dc4ed0e.jpg (4.6 KB, 48 views)
Hoffbrew likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #5

Go file an Internal Affairs complaint with the Sheriff's Office. It is the only way any officer gets reprimanded, terminated or such. Often times people will complain about an officer when they do not like him for whatever the reason. Those type calls are heard all day long across the US. When an Internal Complaint is filed, things get serious and the allegation is looked at very deeply.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #6

As a former deputy, this really honks me off. The officer should of course get off his dead ass and investigate, just not take a complaint.
You ought to come out of retirement and run for Sheriff.
Chuck43 and Hoffbrew like this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #7

[QUOTE=Deputy347k9;97296

I just finished ordering an exterior motion alarm. Ordered the Chamberlain CWA 2000 with five monitors. Don't need a camera, I want to hear them then go outside and address the situation. Thinking I will take the 410 Judge with me so we can hold a trial. Little pricks! This is money I could be spending on more ammo.

Larry[/QUOTE]

Do Not shot them in the back!!!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:47 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Do Not shot them in the back!!!
That will never happen unless they had put several rounds into me and I knew I was on the way out, then by God as many of them as possible would make the journey with me.

Several other victims will accompany me to the Sheriff's Office for a formal complaint. Only one call during the night and you can't attempt prints or even canvas the neighbor hood for possible leads?

This evening the wife wanted to know if I had any extra weapon that she could learn to use! I was excited to hear that! I have several H&K VP9s, one with night sights that has never been fired. We will set down and go over all the safety rules before we hit the range. I have a super range one mile from home. In the past she had fired one of my service weapons (Glock 9MM) and was actually pretty good. She is pissed and now wants her own gun!

Merry Christmas to all my Kimber Forum friends.
Deputy347k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #9

At least one thing may have come out good over the burglaries...

You get your better half to join you at the range.....

Merry Christmas to you and your family...God bless...
Deputy347k9 likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:04 PM   #10

NO excuse for laziness. Enough said.
Merry Christmas to all!