What's Wrong With This Picture? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2015, 01:10 AM   #1

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Attorney says man killed in Wisconsin motorcycle shop shooting was a hostage who fled gunman | Fox News

According to a local source, a gunman entered the motorcycle shop in Neenah, Wisconsin and took hostages. One of the hostages had a CCW, but did not draw his weapon or attempt to subdue the gunman. When SWAT showed up and the gunman began shooting at police, the hostage with the concealed weapon fled with his handgun in full view of the police, who promptly shot and killed him.

What’s wrong with this picture?

What is the lesson to be learned?

Remove Ads
Old 12-24-2015, 06:13 AM   #2

When shots are being fired, the police do not know if the person they see with a gun is the good guy or the bad guy. I do not blame the cops. If you are not going to use your weapon, discard it or at least holster and conceal.

My question would be, when the shooting started, why didn't the CCW engage the bad guy?
Chuck43 and Zoomybaby like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:23 AM   #3

It's Wisconsin in December and there's no snow?
Chuck43 likes this.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
Super Moderator

If he was indeed a good guy and was fleeing the scene with a gun in his hand and failed to drop it when told then sorry but he brought it on himself.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #5

New guy, old thread. When SWAT is there, you don't move. I understand the CCW guy not engaging at first, but when the bad guy is shooting at the cops or whoever is down range, I feel he should have shot the guy. Nobody knows you are CCW legal until they look at your card. He ran from a building where somebody had fired on the cops. I am not sure if he was brandishing the weapon or if it was concealed. Sounds flakey.
Ol' Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #6

Originally Posted by Insta-Gator View Post
When shots are being fired, the police do not know if the person they see with a gun is the good guy or the bad guy. I do not blame the cops. If you are not going to use your weapon, discard it or at least holster and conceal.

My question would be, when the shooting started, why didn't the CCW engage the bad guy?
I agree , man with a gun ran????????? He didn't deserve a gun or a CCW

Hoffbrew and Ol' Jim like this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #7

The lesson learned is:If you're not going to use it,leave it at home.
MPO Southy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #8

The article listed above states he may have been shot from inside the building, and there's no follow-up listed. Was there any ballistic tests on the rounds in the body, if any? Very limited information in that article to make any kind of a judgement. If the police fired at him, who fired and how many. Were their weapons taken at the scene and submitted for testing? Was the guy in the building found to have a weapon? There may even be video. To many questions unanswered.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:11 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Ol' Jim, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership.
Ol' Jim likes this.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:57 AM   #10

The problem is with motorcyclists. They feel they have this antiquated concept called "freedom." They go where they want, they don't take advice, and they often view police as an "occupying power." That Mickey Mouse GI Joe vehicle the cops rolled up with didn't settle any high-strung nerves during a tense situation either.

And horror of horrors, the "victim" probably had some minor amount of cannabis on him, or a switchblade knife, or an expired library card. He might have been a "victim" in name only and actually a transient player in some petty crime gone wrong.

You can't trust bikers. They're all "up" or "down." No pendulum swings, they're either good friends or bad enemies.

I will give you guys some sage, bizarre and valid advice. The world of motorcycles has divested itself from "modern society" years ago. The guys who ride are sick of snivelers, shirkers, liars, and agendas. They have become unwanted Pirates of the Caribbean within their own country. And they do not trust you with good reason.

The thing that ticks them off the most is the condescending societal bent that people "want to understand them." My advice is to get a hobby and let the boys ride. They don't come to your country clubs to research a thesis on your three-martini lunches, so return the favor. Stay out of their bars and bike shops because binge watching SOA has taught you nothing.