Are you serious about gun laws - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2015, 06:14 AM   #1

Are you serious about gun laws

I read about places with restrictive guns laws and am puzzled as to why people continue to live in areas where their gun rights are crimped.

SO a few questions;

1. If your state required gun registration, would you register or move?
2. If your state regulated how many guns your could buy in a time period or even own, do you still choose to live there?
3. If your state set a limit on the rounds a gun holds, would you still live there?

Maybe everyone is not as dogmatic as I am about firearms but I will not hesitate to relocate to another area if my gun rights gets controlled to a point where it is effecting my gun collecting, use, carry or such.

I am amazed that so many gun makers are located in gun restrictive areas. If guns are my bread & butter, then I want to be in a friendly area.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:58 AM   #2

The anti-gun climate and legislation in California was one of the reasons I moved up to Big Sky 22 years ago.
1911fan likes this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-29-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #3

I think in a perfect world, people would stay put and make the government stop tromping on the Constitution. But in the real world, we'll just whine about it and move to someplace more comfortable...like a river looking for the path of least resistance. Till it meets a dam.
swca and 1911fan like this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #4

That's why I plan on moving out this state in two years or sooner if I can. The taxes are terrible and the restrictions on everything suck.
Cucamonga kid and 1911fan like this.
wfm113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #5

Like the colonialists and such?
Old 12-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #6

[QUOTE=Spotly;98304]I think in a perfect world, people would stay put and make the government stop tromping on the Constitution.

How's that working out, in Kalifornia? Or Massachusetts or New Jersey or Connecticut or Maryland or New York or DC ?
Chuck43 and 1911fan like this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-29-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #7

There are circumstances that prevent some just from packing up and moving! In my case it is medical coverage, When I qualify for medical or Kaiser Permanente goes into other states I will move. In other cases it may be your job or family considerations. I am sure a lot of us would move if there were not prohibitive factors involved.
Richard, Cucamonga kid and AWCHIEF like this.

Where freedom dwells is my country!

CDP Pro II .45 acp
Raptor II (blue) .45 acp
Eclipse II 10 mm
Ultra Carry II .45 acp
Stainless Pro Carry II
Solo STS 9 mm
swca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #8

how many people can afford to move simply because their gun rights have been infringed upon
Richard likes this.
azguy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #9

Originally Posted by swca View Post
There are circumstances that prevent some just from packing up and moving! In my case it is medical coverage, When I qualify for medical or Kaiser Permanente goes into other states I will move. In other cases it may be your job or family considerations. I am sure a lot of us would move if there were not prohibitive factors involved.
Oh I'm not trying to bug anybody who's living there I know there are a lot of good conservative people still in California and I'm not trying to hassle the Hoff either. But I was merely explaining my reason for leaving. I did what I had to do. And I'm not trying to encourage anybody to move; people have roots and family and careers, they just can't pack up and leave. I was merely responding to that post by saying I know when the fight is lost and I preferred to live somewhere where I am free. I will make my stand here in Montana ("The Last Best Place"). We've been here since 94 and as a sidenote it is the best thing I ever did for my son who was 17 at the time of the move and is now a successful developer and doing great. He gave me three awesome grandkids. And then there's the BIG SKY

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-29-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #10

Originally Posted by azguy1911 View Post
how many people can afford to move simply because their gun rights have been infringed upon
We sold everything we couldn't haul including my 57 panhead; loaded a trailer and drove up here. Stayed in pop up trailer for a month til we could get into an apt. 22 years latter it's the best move I've ever made. People say if you move out of CA you won't be able to come back; we never regretted it and wouldn't move back if someone gave us a house on the beach.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-29-2015 at 10:04 AM.