A stunning display of ignorance - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #1

A stunning display of ignorance

A STUNNING DISPLAY OF IGNORANCE

Today, the TV news media is filled with outrage because of the fact that a Grand Jury in Cleveland, Ohio declined to indict two police officers involved in the death of Tamir Rice. Never mind that the pellet gun Rice held looked very much like a 1911 with a 6” barrel. Never mind that the orange tip that distinguished it from a real gun had been removed (by somebody, but nobody seems to know who that somebody was). Never mind that he was walking up and down the street drawing the gun from his waistband and aiming at pedestrians. Never mind that he had been warned by someone (presumably not his apparently-absent mother) that he was going to get in trouble with that gun. Never mind that police were dispatched to a call about a reported “man with a gun.” Never mind that as soon as he saw the police, Rice drew the gun from his waistband. Never mind that police officers know that they will frequently have only 3 seconds or less to respond to a weapon drawn against them, and that these two officers had no way of knowing that the gun was not a “real” firearm. Never mind that our laws consider fake guns to be indistinguishable from real guns when used in crimes such as robbery, for example.

Never mind any of this. The parents and extended family of Tamir Rice failed in their responsibilities to protect a juvenile from his own ill-advised actions. Now, they want to blame their failures on a police force and criminal justice system that appear to be working fine in Cleveland, and a whole bunch of talking heads on television are fanning the flames of passion all across the country. The display of ignorance to be seen on TV news programs about this case is truly stunning.

Remove Ads
Old 12-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #2

Get ready for the riots
Old 12-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #3

Perfectly articulated Richard.

What if the gun was real and the kid was wanting to make the news for killing cops? Would the community stand behind putting the kid in jail for murder

Did you see the photos of the kid flashing gang signs?
Richard likes this.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Has anyone noticed a trend here, it seems the news wants to disarm the public and handcuff the police by prosecuting the ones doing their job. What is going to happen when we reach a point where LEO's refuse to respond to 911 calls without a union rep and a lawyer present?
Marshall, Richard, bhunted and 1 others like this.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:20 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Has anyone noticed a trend here, it seems the news wants to disarm the public and handcuff the police by prosecuting the ones doing their job. What is going to happen when we reach a point where LEO's refuse to respond to 911 calls without a union rep and a lawyer present?
Chicago and Baltimore are getting close. IMO
MPO Southy, Chuck43 and Richard like this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #6

I don't think the liberal public knows how angry the "silent majority" have become. I went to the mall today with my UC2. I also had my 360PD in the truck for morning trips to the gym.

I thought to myself that leaving the revolver in the truck wouldn't help me a bit in today's society, and I slid the little SW into the inside pocket of my jacket.

A few months ago I would have characterized behavior like that as the delusions of a paranoid Rambozo. Today it felt necessary.

Good post, Richard, it got us thinking and discussing.
Marshall, Richard, Spotly and 1 others like this.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #7
Super Moderator

America is being dominated from the slums. One might think that a single set of laws should and would apply to all citizens, and that things should be done without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or national origin, and that all should have the same rights and responsibilities. It is, sadly, not so. The dominance of the media by blacks is impressive. If a white shoots a black to defend himself, it becomes national news for weeks, or months, and riots follow. But when blacks engage in their unending racial attacks on whites, the media demurely look the other way. In Chicago's 2015 shootings (2535) 80.2% of the victims and 70.1% of the assailants are black, where are the riots and protesting over the black on black crime. The attackers are never black, they are "teens."

Richard and Cucamonga kid like this.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #8

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
I don't think the liberal public knows how angry the "silent majority" have become. I went to the mall today with my UC2. I also had my 360PD in the truck for morning trips to the gym.

I thought to myself that leaving the revolver in the truck wouldn't help me a bit in today's society, and I slid the little SW into the inside pocket of my jacket.

A few months ago I would have characterized behavior like that as the delusions of a paranoid Rambozo. Today it felt necessary.

Good post, Richard, it got us thinking and discussing.
You are absolutely right Tourist. If your primary goes click, now you've got the perps attention, you're a dead man without a back up. Remember Murphy's Law "if something can go wrong it will" and Murphy was an optimist.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-29-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:02 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
It will become a shooting gallery and those who shoot straightest and have the most ammo get to go home.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #10

A few years ago I carried my edc and that was it..No extra mag no b.u.g.

After watching my beloved St Lou break their homicide rate year after year, my choices for how I protect myself has changed..My edc along with 2 extra mags and now a backup firearm..

I believe that Ferguson changed the minds of many people like me..The ranges are always full, gun shops can't keep enough firearms and ammo in stock along with conceal carry classes booked months in advance..

If the people in Cleveland can't see what happened and realize that the police did what they had to do, then they're living life with their heads in the sand..
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote