Year end recap - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #1

Year end recap

This year of 2015 is about to be in the history books. Looking back over the year, I want to ask.

1. What was the best thing that happened to you during the year?

2. What was the absolute worst thing that happened to you during the year?

In my year;

1. I won $2,200 on a video poker machine with a $20 investment.

2. On June 05, I stepped on a Cottonmouth and was bitten. In addition to a hospital bill of $187,942, I spent three hrs in ER, 14 hrs in ICU, five days in the hospital, could not eat for three weeks and lost a total of 57 pounds (not a bad thing really).
Old 12-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #2

You either need to avoid cottonmouth snakes or win more $$$ at poker.

2015 has been a year of constant blessing. I can't think of anything particularly bad or particularly good. It was fairly uneventful, which is a blessing in itself. Unlike 2014 when the worst thing was my wife being diagnosed with cancer, and the best thing she having a completely successful operation and ending the year cancer free.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #3

2. On June 05, I stepped on a Cottonmouth and was bitten. In addition to a hospital bill of $187,942, I spent three hrs in ER, 14 hrs in ICU, five days in the hospital, could not eat for three weeks and lost a total of 57 pounds (not a bad thing really).[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, that's almost $3300 a pound. Your winnings only paid for about 10 ounces. But seriously I hope you're fully recovered. Were you wearing your cowboy boots?

Old 12-30-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
Banned

Best was creating my sourdough starter, and all the great bread I'm been enjoying. 2nd got my Buck, soon and easily.

Worst, dogs getting real old real fast (he had a stroke) and it keeps us both home a lot more then usual.
1911fan likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:50 AM   #5

Best: My eldest daughter continues to be healthy.
Second best: Finally got the two Canadian backpacking trips in that we'd been planning for years.
Worst: Had to make a choice between an XDs and a Shield. I honestly can't recall anything that I'd consider "worst". Maybe I'm getting better at letting things roll off my back. More likely I'm just getting forgetful.
1911fan likes this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:59 AM   #6

Year end recarp? Merciful heavens no! I had a piece of carp earlier in spring, and it was terrible. I might do the old Sicilian thing my mom used to do and have a piece of herring for "good luck." But I don't care what you do to carp, it doesn't taste good.

And to take a piece of carp that's already been cooked and "re-carp" it just seems like asking for trouble...
Richard and 1911fan like this.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #7

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
2. On June 05, I stepped on a Cottonmouth and was bitten. In addition to a hospital bill of $187,942, I spent three hrs in ER, 14 hrs in ICU, five days in the hospital, could not eat for three weeks and lost a total of 57 pounds (not a bad thing really).
Holy crap, that's almost $3300 a pound. Your winnings only paid for about 10 ounces. But seriously I hope you're fully recovered. Were you wearing your cowboy boots?[/QUOTE]

I had stepped outside (9pm)my home (manicured yards, upper scale neighborhood, no ponding close by) to make sure the guns were out of the vehicle and the cameras were locked up as well as the electronics being turned off. Since I was just going to the car, I put on a pair of slides. Stepped onto the porch welcome mat. The snake was coiled up on it and I did not see it. One of the few times I did not have my boots on.

Medicare paid over $140K on the bill and my supplement paid all but $670 of the balance.

Nope, I will never fully recover from the bite. The venom destroys nerves and internal skin. I go every 90 days to see how much skin has died and if enough, they open it up and remove the dead skin to prevent gangreen. Then there is the pain. One dr said that the pain is worse than any other pain that can be to the human body and I believe him. Yet the pain returns for short duration of maybe 30-45 minutes about 2 times a month and will for life.

BTW: anti venom cost. I got three bags of it.

Google the cost..

Last edited by 1911fan; 12-30-2015 at 09:31 AM.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #8

1. My wife is not having to use a wheelchair and is mostly walking without a lot of pain and still recovering from our motorcycle accident in 2013.

2. My Father died at the age of 92 on my 60th birthday June 20th 2015. I brought my mother to my house when Dad passed and while keeping and taking care of my mother (90) I realized Mom was self medicating and was addicted to pain meds her regular doctor had prescribed for her. She is now in a regular assisted living and doing better.
1911fan and JC45 like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:36 AM   #9

Fairly uneventful year but here goes :

1. Trading my Solo for my P938 AG
2. Trading my solo for my P938 AG

1a The Sig works in all kinds of weather, wet or dry, any kind of ammo, any kind of grip and no special techniques.
2a Miss the feel and the looks of the solo, but alas, she was unfaithful.
1911fan likes this.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #10

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
Year end recarp? Merciful heavens no! I had a piece of carp earlier in spring, and it was terrible. I might do the old Sicilian thing my mom used to do and have a piece of herring for "good luck." But I don't care what you do to carp, it doesn't taste good.

And to take a piece of carp that's already been cooked and "re-carp" it just seems like asking for trouble...
reCAP... re-CAP..... never mind. carry-on

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 12-30-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote