For Sale VZ Ivory Grips - Kimber Forum

Kimber


Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree11Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,268
For Sale VZ Ivory Grips

I ordered a set of Ivory VZ grips that I thought would fit my Para Ordnance, but didn't realize that one side of my Para grips has a cut out and the VZ doesn't...DUH {see pic}

The Para also has larger bushings and the grips won't go on...

If ya need a set of new in box VZ Operator II Ivory grips then send me a PM and I will pay for the shipping and send them to you for $65 OBO...

Marshall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160115_180540.jpg (302.7 KB, 16 views)
Marshall is offline  
Remove Ads
Old 01-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,268
Some better pics with natural lighting....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160116_113108.jpg (209.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20160116_113024.jpg (247.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20160116_113046.jpg (223.1 KB, 4 views)
Marshall is offline  
Old 01-16-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Zoomybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,665
Great looking grips.



Marshall likes this.
Zoomybaby is offline  
 
Old 01-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 3,891
There's nothing you can't fix with a Dremel tool
bhunted likes this.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is offline  
Old 01-16-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Cucamonga kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Sky Country-The Last Best Place
Posts: 3,891
Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
I ordered a set of Ivory VZ grips that I thought would fit my Para Ordnance, but didn't realize that one side of my Para grips has a cut out and the VZ doesn't...DUH {see pic}

The Para also has larger bushings and the grips won't go on...

If ya need a set of new in box VZ Operator II Ivory grips then send me a PM and I will pay for the shipping and send them to you for $65 OBO...

Marshall
Send me the gun and the grips and I'll make them fit for you; turnaround time one, week no charge for labor.
__________________
Buy American - MAGA!
Cucamonga kid is offline  
Old 01-16-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,268
Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
There's nothing you can't fix with a Dremel tool
If it were just enlarging the grips holes yes, but if you look at the Para grip you will see a piece that sticks out to cover part of the frame..

To me seeing that isn't an option...

Also, Para doesn't have grip bushings like our 1911's..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160116_134900.jpg (312.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20160116_134759.jpg (195.2 KB, 8 views)
Marshall is offline  
Old 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,306
I'm not understanding something here, you ordered a set of grips for a Para but they don't fit your Para. Did you order the wrong model grips, did they send you the wrong grips or did they send you the right model grips but for one reason or another they don't fit your gun?
__________________
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Chuck43 is offline  
Old 01-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cardinal Nation
Posts: 19,268
Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
I'm not understanding something here, you ordered a set of grips for a Para but they don't fit your Para. Did you order the wrong model grips, did they send you the wrong grips or did they send you the right model grips but for one reason or another they don't fit your gun?
I ordered a set of grips thinking they would fit my Para....I didn't realize until I removed the Para grips that they have that extra piece on one of the grips that covers a square area on the frame..

I could dremel the screw holes out to make the VZ grips fit, but the square area wouldn't be covered...
2sharp2 likes this.
Marshall is offline  
Old 01-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #9
Super Moderator
 
Chuck43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 32,306
Gotcha, tanks.
__________________
BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
Chuck43 is offline  
Old 01-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
2sharp2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 11,136
Originally Posted by jms-stlou View Post
I ordered a set of grips thinking they would fit my Para....I didn't realize until I removed the Para grips that they have that extra piece on one of the grips that covers a square area on the frame..

I could dremel the screw holes out to make the VZ grips fit, but the square area wouldn't be covered...
Skyy at work! Nuff said.
Chuck43 and Marshall like this.
__________________
The Kimber Family

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline  
Closed Thread


Search tags for this page

vz ivory grips

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FYI Ivory Grips 2sharp2 Parts & Accessories 31 10-26-2015 07:20 PM
Ivory grips Gmountain Other Firearms 7 09-26-2015 08:31 PM
Crimson Trace Laser grips for sale.. Marshall Miscellaneous 16 06-02-2015 05:59 PM
New Grips Daviscc Kimber Photos and Videos 21 04-02-2015 08:45 PM
New Ivory Grips Gmountain Kimber 1911 Forum 17 04-07-2014 01:03 PM