Lies and Hate Speech Have Consequences - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2016, 12:58 AM   #1

Lies and Hate Speech Have Consequences

Everybody who believes that spreading malicious lies on the Internet is nothing more than a harmless prank should listen to the words of Fareed Zakaria at the opening of his program this morning. A blatant lie about him was made up, and then it was spread by people like some on this forum. The result was death threats, and a nighttime threatening call that scared his two little girls, ages 7 and 12.

Listen and learn something about the harm being caused by your hate speech. Go to his column and read his words in the Washington Post. It could happen to you, and it represents the very worst of human behavior.

Last edited by Richard; 01-18-2016 at 01:01 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #2

Playing on peoples emotions is and has been a part in motivating the mass's to respond with the motivators desired result and certainly plays heavily in todays politics.
However hate speech serves only the most decadent of motives and hate groups, whether they be religious, racial, political etc., should be denounced in the strongest possible terms.
They have no place in a civilized world.
Richard and krunchnik like this.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #3

Originally Posted by Trex View Post
Playing on peoples emotions is and has been a part in motivating the mass's to respond with the motivators desired result and certainly plays heavily in todays politics.
However hate speech serves only the most decadent of motives and hate groups, whether they be religious, racial, political etc., should be denounced in the strongest possible terms.
They have no place in a civilized world.
Well said, Trex.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to krunchnik
Just one more reason as to why I do not participate in any of the social media scams-I don't believe any thing I read or hear from any of this so called social media.I mostly spend time on gun forums doe to the nature of the hobby.I like firearms and the shooting sports.I just shake my head when all you see is people walking like zombies while messing with their gadgets.I say Wake up-Put it down.
Chuck43, Oreste and Richard like this.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:03 AM   #5

This guy came out of the gate with a weak statement, so I won't give him the full five minutes of his video. I gave him 45 seconds in which he rails about the potential spread of misinformation through the miracle of modern social media.

Well his daddy's panties were probably in a bunch after the invention of the television. And his granddaddy after the invention of the telegraph. And his great granddaddy after the establishment of the postal service. Before that, his kind were stomping around over the printing press. I suspect some Egyptians thought that Pharaoh's hieroglyphics were nonsense.

Those with weak minds and fallacious ideas are more likely to refute the medium, rather than offer legitimate arguments in favor of their own positions.

As defenders of freedom, we must encourage the open sharing of thought through all types of media. Only then can we fully scrutinize all positions to arrive at the truth. Suppressing unpopular opinions encourages a "truth" constructed by whoever is in power that particular day.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #6

Hmmm. The problem with things like this is that most people forget that disseminating info is a "two part" process. Think of it as a forward pass--you need a guy with a good, accurate arm, and a receiver with gifted hands. A flaw at either ends results in an incompletion.

To this, these speakers project, and I listen,and there's the problem. They do not believe that I am a component.

So, over the last several years the rags have blown up soft targets, invaded other countries, butchered cartoonists, faked identities to utilize the flow of refugees, and attacked San Bernardino. Do you see the phrase "Harley-Davidson" anywhere in those news clips?

Call it disgust, racism, ignorance or apathy, but why should I care what this idiot opines? It's his people that need to demonstrate good faith and compassion, not mine.

He spoke and he expects me to listen. Tough falafels, Achmed. Clean up your act, repudiate the violence, help us hunt down the murderers and then we'll talk. But I want to see quantifiable action before I try to dissect gibberish.
Oreste likes this.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #7

I see it as what he says has always happened. It is just the speed of which it happens now. "They" have been re writing history books in schools for years.

Fareed wants sympathy, understanding and outreach?

When King articulately expressed what became the Civil Rights movement people of all races walked with blacks.

If there was a Million White march against Islamic terrorism how many American Muslims would walk with us?

When more of his kind publicly stand against this global jihad and point out those in their mosques and communities involved in it I will look at Muslims differently and recognize that there are different factions in the religion.

In the 30s and 40s maybe all the Germans did not know what the Nazis where about and doing. But all Germans were considered nazis and yes, where the enemy.

Today all know what the radical Islamists are about and doing. And they are the enemy. Is all Muslims do not want to be seen as the enemy they need to take proactive and aggressive steps to prove other wise. Europe is full of examples and our example list is getting longer.

Until it happens on a large scale they will in mass be seen as two groups: trigger pullers and behind the scenes supporters. Both groups in need of killing.

Son to father: "Why are there no Muslims in Star Trek?"
Father to son: "Because it's the future."
Oreste and Chickadee like this.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #8

Mike, you bring up valid points. I'm just not a great believer in the liberal "it takes a village idiot" slant on improving problems in society.

For example, blacks don't properly raise their kids, so the kids act up. The crimes come to the attention of the police which results in arrests and loss of time in school. The rest of the blacks object, and burn down their neighborhood.

Ergo, a few weeks later Sharpton whines that this is all my fault. Heck, I never even heard of Ferguson until it was on fire.

Same with the rags. I think in my total existence my only contact with that entire culture is viewing two zoo camels and watching "Lawrence of Arabia" as a boy. I neither loved nor hated those people, I do not have any answers but I guarantee you that pissing me off is lousy strategy.

If this guy has all the answers, what's wrong with asking him to apply them in a positive way to save his own people?
Oreste likes this.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #9

Yes Tourist. I didn't get into the later chapters of post civil rights movement blacks and early Islam in America. Think where black Americans would be without the war on poverty and has King and MalcomX not been killed. One by a racist and the other by wait for it...a radical Islamist movement.

Radical Islam has been here for decades and the black militant movement of the 70s is actually Islamic terrorism.
Oreste and Richard like this.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:32 PM   #10

Mike, I think one of the most daring and intelligent positions on this subject was proffered by Stacey Dash. She openly stated that companies like BET and programs like "Black History Month" should be scuttled.

Her premise is that blacks should decide if they want to be all in, or be all out. And she wouldn't be the first one to notice that most blacks hate segregation but also hate not being viewed as conquering heroes when white society doesn't immediately acquiesce.

Same with the rags. They want to come to America for freedom and the chance to kill soft targets, then whine when we won't immediately pass sharia law. Heaven help us if some drunken cowboy stumbling out of a honky-tonk kills three or seventeen of these hypocrites demonstrating the American concept of "resistance."

I'm thinking about getting a T-shirt that says "Armed Xenophobe," but printed in Farsi. You know, just in case they don't know who Stacey Dash really is...
RickOShay and Oreste like this.