Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2016, 11:23 PM   #1

Ammon Bundy Arrested, LaVoy Finicum Killed

Oregon: Ammon Bundy, others arrested; LaVoy Finicum killed - CNN.com

Remove Ads
Old 01-27-2016, 07:03 AM   #2

First thing I thought of was the circumstances.

If the DA in charge of untangling this mess decides to prosecute those arrested--even for a misdemeanor--then they could also be charged with felony murder. That is, a charge which resulted in a death during their involvement of a crime. You do not have to be the one who pulls the trigger, just a related cause.

In a sense, a charge which would have been plead out to "trespassing" might now bring years in prison.
Spotly likes this.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #3

Not that I know any of the details leading up to the shooting but I just heard a television interview of someone who is saying that the "victim" had his hands up and was murdered by police.

Which sounds familiar to me and since the facts have nothing to do with the opportunity to loot-maybe a White Lives Matter group will rise up.

Oh wait that won't happen. Maybe black groups will use this as another opportunity to get a bigger TV and claim now all lives matter and the police abuse all. It would be a chance at credibility for the movement... And free stuff.

Hopefully they continue to burn their own homes.
MPO Southy likes this.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:11 AM   #4

I am a Patriot, served my Country, believe in gun rights and belong to the NRA.
That said, I also do not believe in armed insurrection against our duly elected government and/or any use of firearms as a threat against that duly elected government in the enforcement of our laws.
I believe the Bundy group are using firearms in the illegal takeover of government facilities.
What I have heard so far is that the government set up road blocks to intercept this group and make arrests as may be necessary.
What I heard was that one of the vehicles tried to run the road block, got stuck in a snow bank and one of the occupants was shot when he exited the vehicle brandishing a firearm.
The facts remain to be born out but if true as thus far reported, then our government law enforcement were justified in their actions and I have absolutely no sympathy for those who chose to violate our laws.
They ( those who used firearms in the commission of crimes against our government ), if guilty, should be held to the letter of the law and face the consequences.
Those who would use firearms in such manor do not represent my ideals and are an affront to those law abiding citizens who are also gun enthusiasts.

Last edited by Trex; 01-27-2016 at 11:25 AM.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #5

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
First thing I thought of was the circumstances.

If the DA in charge of untangling this mess decides to prosecute those arrested--even for a misdemeanor--then they could also be charged with felony murder. That is, a charge which resulted in a death during their involvement of a crime. You do not have to be the one who pulls the trigger, just a related cause.

In a sense, a charge which would have been plead out to "trespassing" might now bring years in prison.

This all started last year at the Cliven Bundy ranch in Nevada. The feds were afraid to exert their authority when they saw news videos of a few of these nut-cakes aiming sniper rifles at employees of the BLM. What happened in Oregon was inevitable. It didn't happen in Nevada, but it happened in Oregon. I hope Cliven Bundy is happy now. This all rests on his back.

Chico is exactly right. Ammon Bundy could now be facing a felony-murder charge, and Cliven might never see his son again because he is holed up on his ranch - afraid to leave lest he be arrested, himself. This is what refusing to pay for what you get, like refusing to pay taxes, can get you.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Trex View Post
I am a Patriot, served my Country, believe in gun rights and belong to the NRA.
That said, I also do not believe in armed insurrection against our duly elected government and/or any use of firearms as a treat against that duly elected government in the enforcement of our laws.
I believe the Bundy group are using firearms in the illegal takeover of government facilities.
What I have heard so far is that the government set up road blocks to intercept this group and make arrests as may be necessary.
What I heard was that one of the vehicles tried to run the road block, got stuck in a snow bank and one of the occupants was shot when he exited the vehicle brandishing a firearm.
The facts remain to be born out but if true as thus far reported, then our government law enforcement were justified in their actions and I have absolutely no sympathy for those who chose to violate our laws.
They ( those who used firearms in the commission of crimes against our government ), if guilty, should be held to the letter of the law and face the consequences.
Those who would use firearms in such manor do not represent my ideals and are an affront to those law abiding citizens who are also gun enthusiasts.
Well said.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
Banned

I like some insurrections. Sometimes it is the medicine that cures the suffering of the many, whether the many even know it.

montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #8
Banned

Originally Posted by Richard View Post
. Ammon Bundy could now be facing a felony-murder charge, and
It would be a good lesson to those who don't like the style of government we all live under. Where a president can be appointed by the supreme court (not duly elected), and the population can be manipulated into waging war for ginned up reasons, and revving up terrorism to level 11.

And people wonder why Trump is beating Jeb (Lets wage a war in Iraq, the Warmonger III, if given the chance) and the rest of the bought and paid for establishment.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #9

Originally Posted by montanaResident View Post
I like some insurrections. Sometimes it is the medicine that cures the suffering of the many, whether the many even know it.

Insurrection from a tyrannical monarchy is something entirely different from an armed insurrection against a duly elected democratic government.
The democratic process is how we do things in the United States and an armed revolt against the duly elected government would not serve the best interest of the citizens of our country.
Just because one party did not get their way does not justify an armed revolt unless the election process has been so contrived as to serve only a segment of our society and no longer serve our society as a whole.
Richard likes this.
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #10

Well, 'Resident, while I agree with your sentiment, the idea of "felony murder" goes back at least as far as when I was a little boy.

For example, let's suppose you are the getaway driver for a heist, and you never go into the bank. Your two buddies go in--never fire a shot--and a bank guard drops them on the spot.

Guess what? As the driver you get charged with two counts of felony murder.

Now, it doesn't always wash out that way, but 'Justice' is a fickle mistress. Did you know that one of the Nazis at Nuremburg, Hans Fritzsche, was acquitted?