Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #1

Colorado Motorcycle Expo

1 killed, 6 hurt in shootings, stabbing at Denver motorcycle show - CNN.com

Remove Ads
Old 01-31-2016, 04:11 AM   #2

Richard, unfortunately this happens more often than we hear about. Years ago I was at the Meadowlands Convention Center in NJ for a Motorcycle show and two rival gang were there. You could just feel the tension in the air. The scary part was how many women and children were there. They weren't looking to hurt civilians, but in a crowded venue like this people could have been stuck in the crossfire. When we were leaving the whole lobby was filled with Police Officers in riot gear. Thank God nothing happened that day.

I've been to quite a few events and bars where things like this happen. Its another case of a few people ruining it for everyone.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:25 AM   #3

Tragic, yes. But bikers are still more peaceful than your average "refugee."

...and when we do fight, we don't target unarmed French cartoonists...
cousinmark likes this.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:15 AM   #4

The proud 1%. Bunch of thugs and losers in my opinion. The other 99% should have no use or try to justify these actions.
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #5

I've ridden, rubbed shoulders and even prayed with quite a few 1%ers as a member of the CMA. We would organize bike blessings and volunteer at big motorcycle events to serve as security and ticket sellers because they trust us with the money and church services on Sunday mornings. I don't recall anyone of us ever having a problem however rival clubs would be very tense at all times always looking over their shoulders and not hanging out alone. Never thought about being caught in a crossfire but I suppose it was possible. We were considered perfectly neutral and we wore one piece patches so as not to conflict with the three-piece patches the outlaws wore. At last count our membership was over 100,000 worldwide. We had one convert 1%er who actually said he was more afraid of us guys than the rival gangs and that he would avoid us and cross the street if he saw us coming because he knew that God was walking with us.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #6

I'm a Christian biker and an inactive member of an MC. We were never "outlaw" in the sense of the Hollywood word, but we never had an AMA charter, and we wear a three piece set of colors.

Our founder didn't want vengeful thugs and property damage. We were good men, just bad little boys. When the subject of biker violence comes up I joke that I, too, was wild. I once kissed a girl I had no intention of marrying.

Having said that, one of our members, Lenny Stone, was shot and killed in a biker war. The house of one our member's mothers was shot up because the outlaw club thought he still lived there. A work-truck belonging to another member had the cab shot up as the member was known to sleep there.

My take is that violence is violence, and the bike doesn't mean anything. Every year hundreds of thousands of bikers go to Sturgis, Daytona, Laguna Seca and even Disney World without incident.

Your chances of being shot this year by a Muslim are more of a risk than being shot by a biker in club rags.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:25 AM   #7

One day while hanging out with the Mongol Pres after I did a little work on his cabin, as we walked out of the local diner, another client of mine road up on his bike wearing his cuts. He was a retired Pres of the Barons MC out of Salt Lake City and sympathizer of the HA. I introduced them and noticed they never took their eyes off each other. They didn't even blink. I knew they both were packing cuz I knew them both pretty well. Needless to say it was pretty tense for a while till I looked at my watch and said "oh my, look at the time, I got to get back home to meet the wife" or something pretty close to that effect. I was riding with the Mongol in his PU and we were about 50 miles from home out in the boonies. Kept one eye on my rear view all the way down the freeway.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #8

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
Kept one eye on my rear view all the way down the freeway.
It was probably okay, it looks like the dinner kind of made both of them relax.

We had two Hells Angels at one of our "bikini bike washes," and several Milwaukee Outlaws came to JR's wake, which was held inside the former Capital City Harley complex. No trouble at either event.

During the last ten years I've heard of singular problems, but if you think about, the guys the public knows as hardcore outlaws are now 60 years old. Sonny Barger is around 80.
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:34 AM   #9

Those motorcycle gangs kill more Americans than do Muslim terrorists. It's high time we started deporting them to wherever people with beards and denim vests come from.
RustyIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:49 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
We had two Hells Angels at one of our "bikini bike washes,"
I can't get that picture out of my mind, a bunch of scruffy guys wearing bikini's and washing their bikes.
Cucamonga kid and cousinmark like this.