Cool man stuff. - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree243Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #1

Cool man stuff.

I thought we could start a Thread to show some of the neat junk we get from time to time. Gun tools, knives, hunting, camping, gadgets big or small. Cheap or expensive. Your favorite flashlight or push bar, that you Install on your truck. No limits, just something cool or even useful. This could be a method you have, or tool you use that works well for you. Anything goes. Could give others ideas we have never thought of. Or just to show off your really cool knife or latest power tool. Who's got something cool.?

Josey Wales, KC4YIN and Spotly like this.

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 02-28-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #2

Girlfriends our wives don't know about ? Oh, and pictures of course right gang!
MPO Southy and Zoomybaby like this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #3

And next, we could follow along right through divorce court and living in poverty as we watch our ex's sell our KImbers, it's endless
Zoomybaby likes this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2016, 11:15 AM   #4

Let me add also I was talking to one of our members yesterday that has some very cool stuff and stories to go with it. If he would like to share them. I loved the stories and I am sure the members here would also.

Snake15 likes this.
Old 02-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #5

Well here's mine.

This is my 1972 Honda CT 70. These came out about the time I was in high school and remember seeing the ads for them on TV. Wanted one REALLY bad. Well life happened and I forgot all about them until a couple of years ago I saw a guy and his son riding what looked like a pair of them through my neighborhood. It got me to thinking and Googling on the internet and before I could control myself I had found a frame and motor in fairly good shape. Fast forward about 6 months and I was a riding again. It's fun to be a kid again at 64.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0010.JPG (733.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0581.JPG (219.4 KB, 4 views)
KC4YIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #6

OK, I've got a bright idea. Been wanting a light for my modern sporting rifle. Been liking the Sure Fire lights but not the prices. Found this Tac Star T6 (WLS 2000) at Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday for $89. Factory focused 150 lum beam, waterproof, shockproof etc; mounted in an Arson Machine Co aluminum holder, (really well built) designed for Magpul MLok hand gaurd. The mount was $50 with shipping; worth every penny. Also installed the included pressure switch and went out onto the porch after dark to test the beam and wow bright as day at 50 yards. I was a little skeptical at first going cheap but I'm pretty happy.image.jpeg
Old 02-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
Let me add also I was talking to one of our members yesterday that has some very cool stuff and stories to go with it. If he would like to share them. I loved the stories and I am sure the members here would also.
I wonder who the heck he was talking to?

Talking with zoomy on the phone is like reading his posts the subject you're talking about can change 3 times in a single sentence. Some how we got on the subject of irreplaceable things we have. It could be a little meaningless object that reminds us of a time in our lives or tells a story. I told zoomy that I have a coin that I wear on a chain around my neck, the only time I take it off is when I go to the jeweler to have the links checked for wear.

The coin is a 1885 $5.00 gold piece, my great grandfather gave it to my grandfather when he left Czechoslovakia to come to the United States. He gave him the coin and told him that the coin was for emergencies and not to be spent on anything else. My grandfather was a farmer in Black River Falls Wis. where my father was born. Sometime in the early 1920's my grandfather had to sell the farm and return to Czechoslovakia to care for his elderly parents. My grandfather opened a butcher shop and built a hotel there. In the early 1930's my grandfather fearing that war was going to break out sent my dad who was a natural American citizen back to the United States. Before my dad left Czechoslovakia my grandfather gave him the $5.00 gold piece his father had given him years earlier. He told my dad that the coin was for emergencies and not to be spent on anything else. In 1973 just before my father passed away he passed the coin onto me with the same instructions, the coin is for emergencies and not to be spent on anything else. I found a frame for the coin and put it on a chain that I wore everyday until my grown son graduated school. I took the coin off with tears in my eyes and was in the process of passing it on to him, he had known about the coin all his life and knew what it meant to me. He stopped me, thanked me and asked me to hold on to it for him, that was the day I knew he was truly grown up.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #8

Originally Posted by KC4YIN View Post
Well here's mine.

This is my 1972 Honda CT 70. These came out about the time I was in high school and remember seeing the ads for them on TV. Wanted one REALLY bad. Well life happened and I forgot all about them until a couple of years ago I saw a guy and his son riding what looked like a pair of them through my neighborhood. It got me to thinking and Googling on the internet and before I could control myself I had found a frame and motor in fairly good shape. Fast forward about 6 months and I was a riding again. It's fun to be a kid again at 64.
I remember this Honda, one of my neighbors had one in gold. Three speed manual transmission with no clutch handle. You could lower the handlebars by loosening two hand spinners. Very cool.
Zoomybaby and Jflytle like this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #9

Chuck first let me say I take great offense to you saying I ramble on the phone and in text. I hope Dale Jr wins today. Oh the weather is great today. Shit what where we talking about? Anyway thank you for sharing your story, I do love it.

Chuck43, 2sharp2 and Lineman like this.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #10
Banned

Originally Posted by KC4YIN View Post
Well here's mine.

This is my 1972 Honda CT 70.
Classic. After the apocalypse, when the cockroaches are the dominant species of the planet, a CT 70 will also survive and start.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote