Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree14Likes
  • 12 Post By Lineman
  • 1 Post By 2sharp2
  • 1 Post By glokrok

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 10:29 PM   #1

Wink Met Cousinmark in Athens, Georgia Yesterday!!

After an exchange of PM's we agreed to meet at the Athens Gun Club, where Cousinmark is a member, to do some shooting. He treated me to an shooting session. A good time was had by all! Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it!!

Mark had his Kimber Micro .380 and a really nice 5 1/2" Stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. I brought along my trusty Smith and Wesson M&P40 that I have a Storm Lake ported .40 S&W to 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm magazines.

Mark tried my pistol and I tried his guns. It was a cultural exchange program, if you'd like to call it that. I didn't do so well with his guns. The Micro's trigger was a bit heavy for my snooty competition honed trigger finger and my aged eyes just could not focus on the plain black sights on the Ruger. That's all on me, not his guns.

Mark tried my M&P, shooting an entire 17 round magazine into the head of my hideously cute blue silhouette target. I think the Apex trigger on the M&P is a bit lighter than he is used to. He did a credible job of ventilating the target's melon! The bad guy would have had a serious headache!!! I gave him some pointers and a few hints to improve his shooting. He showed improvement before we were done shooting. Glad I could help!!

I sent the remaining 83 rounds of the 100 round box of 115 grain Federal American Eagle ammo through the 10 ring and the #8 two rings, just above the 10 ring. The two gaping holes in the chest left little question that this blue bad guy would be in very sad shape if he was a real assailant.

We talked guns, shooting, the KT forum, other members, kids (he has a very pretty 7 year old daughter), a little politics, presidential candidates and the state of our country. We got along great and a good time was had by all. Thanks again for treating me to the range time, Mark!! We will definitely have to do this again. Next time is my treat. Heck, we might ever meet for breakfast before shooting next time.

Assorted pictures below:

Athens.Range.with.Mark.3.7.2016.1.jpg Mark did the head work!!

Athens.Range.with.Mark.3.7.2016.3.jpgTwo massive sucking chest wounds!!

9mm SL Barrel & Mag For M&P40.JPGMy Smith and Wesson M&P40 equipped with Storm Lake .40S&W to 9mm conversion barrel.

9mm Conversion2.JPGM&P pistol with conversion kit: A Storm Lake barrel and a S&W 9mm magazine.

Mark will probably post pictures of his targets, so that some smart guy can't say that it never happened!!

We will definitely do this again!!

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter

Last edited by Lineman; 03-08-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Like I told Mark earlier, sounds like a lot of fun....and you got to shoot too!

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:11 PM   #3

That was really nice. It would be awesome if we all could shoot together.
glokrok likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

Originally Posted by 2sharp2 View Post
That was really nice. It would be awesome if we all could shoot together.
Party at Arland's!!!!!!!
Lineman likes this.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #5

Keith, yall did some good shooting! I know it was a blast and great memories made!!
Old 03-08-2016, 04:20 PM   #6

Originally Posted by glokrok View Post
Party at Arland's!!!!!!!
Come on down! That would be really cool to do. My range is not fancy but it gets the job done and is affordable.

Bring your BBQ gun or EDC and lets do this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #7

...looking forward to it :-)

Originally Posted by lineman73 View Post
After an exchange of PM's we agreed to meet at the Athens Gun Club, where Cousinmark is a member, to do some shooting. He treated me to an shooting session. A good time was had by all! Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it!!

Mark had his Kimber Micro .380 and a really nice 5 1/2" Stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. I brought along my trusty Smith and Wesson M&P40 that I have a Storm Lake ported .40 S&W to 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm magazines.

Mark tried my pistol and I tried his guns. It was a cultural exchange program, if you'd like to call it that. I didn't do so well with his guns. The Micro's trigger was a bit heavy for my snooty competition honed trigger finger and my aged eyes just could not focus on the plain black sights on the Ruger. That's all on me, not his guns.

Mark tried my M&P, shooting an entire 17 round magazine into the head of my hideously cute blue silhouette target. I think the Apex trigger on the M&P is a bit lighter than he is used to. He did a credible job of ventilating the target's melon! The bad guy would have had a serious headache!!! I gave him some pointers and a few hints to improve his shooting. He showed improvement before we were done shooting. Glad I could help!!

I sent the remaining 83 rounds of the 100 round box of 115 grain Federal American Eagle ammo through the 10 ring and the #8 two rings, just above the 10 ring. The two gaping holes in the chest left little question that this blue bad guy would be in very sad shape if he was a real assailant.

We talked guns, shooting, the KT forum, other members, kids (he has a very pretty 7 year old daughter), a little politics, presidential candidates and the state of our country. We got along great and a good time was had by all. Thanks again for treating me to the range time, Mark!! We will definitely have to do this again. Next time is my treat. Heck, we might ever meet for breakfast before shooting next time.

Assorted pictures below:

Attachment 11738 Mark did the head work!!

Attachment 11739Two massive sucking chest wounds!!

Attachment 11737My Smith and Wesson M&P40 equipped with Storm Lake .40S&W to 9mm conversion barrel.

Attachment 11740M&P pistol with conversion kit: A Storm Lake barrel and a S&W 9mm magazine.

Mark will probably post pictures of his targets, so that some smart guy can't say that it never happened!!

We will definitely do this again!!
...Ya buddy, we'll have to grab some lunch too. And yup on your trigger being "a little lighter than I'm used to", I don't think I've ever fired a gun set up quite in that league :-) That's one sweet shooting .40/9 :-)
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote