Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2016, 05:10 PM   #1

Oh dear. Wounded Warrior Execs FIRED

Top Wounded Warrior Execs FIRED After Damning Report On Waste
Posted By Jonah Bennett 10:20 PM 03/10/2016

Two top executives at the Wounded Warrior Project were fired Thursday, after the release of a damning news report alleging massive amounts of waste and misused funds at the veterans’ charity.

The charity’s CEO, Steven Nardizzi, and COO, Al Giordano, were fired Thursday afternoon, reported CBS News. In January, CBS reported the charity spent anywhere between 40 and 50 percent of its funds on costs not related to veterans.

The Wounded Warrior Project has brought in over a billion dollars in donations since it was first founded in 2003, but after 2009, spending on outrageous expenses absolutely exploded, leading to several disaffected former employees coming forward and telling a story of opulence and carelessness with funds.

CBS News interviewed over 40 employees during its investigation, many of whom did not want to go on the record or show their faces for fear of reprisal. As an example of misused funds, CBS found conference spending jumped from $1.7 million in 2010 to $26 million in 2014.

“I’ll be damned if you’re gonna take hard-working Americans’ money and drink it and waste it, instead of helping those brave men and women who gave you the freedom to walk the face of this earth,” Eric Millette, a former motivational speaker with the WWP, told CBS News.

In some cases, Nardizzi would show up at lavish conferences rappelling down the side of a building, entering on a Segway and even riding in on a horse. Nardizzi tried to justify the expenses, but major donors like Fred and Dianne Kane weren’t buying it.

“I feel like I am representing all these people who have donated over the years, all these seniors over 65 sending $19 month, all these people on fixed incomes,” Fred told CBS News. “If no one is going to talk about this right now and it has to be me, then it has to be me.”

Other related charities manage to allocate a much higher percentage to veterans. The Disabled American Veterans Charitable Service Trust, for example, spends 96 percent on veterans.

No immediate successors for Nardizzi and Giordano were named, though the charity is talking about the possibility of recruiting retired senior military officers as their replacements.

URL to article: Top Wounded Warrior Execs FIRED After Report On Waste | The Daily Caller
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #2

Took long enough. A lot of people knew they were crooks years ago and did nothing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cybercycle likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
Super Moderator

There is no fitting punishment for people like that, they should rot in hell forever.
Cybercycle likes this.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #4

I took my decal off back of my truck today. Will have to see what direction they go in. The sad part is I have had lots of soldiers that said they really helped them.

Chuck43 and bhunted like this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:56 PM   #5

...And that's why I only donate to local charities!
Chuck43 and The Colonel like this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:57 PM   #6

That is very unfortunate I think my wife sent them a small contribution.
Chuck43 likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #7

It's difficult -- because SOME folks were helped, and others reported being brushed off (e.g., needing a ride to the VA and being given a hat!!)

https://www.rt.com/usa/335196-wounde...ation-scandal/

Wounded Warrior Project aims to empower wounded veterans, but a recent exposé revealed that the charity spent nearly half of its funding empowering its executives instead. The board of directors responded by beginning to clean house, starting at the top.

Wounded Warrior Project has raised more than a billion dollars in donations since 2003, according to CBS News. Donors might expect their money would be used “to honor and empower Wounded Warriors,” as the nonprofit’s mission states. However, CBS revealed the charity spends between 40 to 50 percent of their money on overhead — while other veterans’ charities spend an average of 10 to 15 percent on the same expenses.

Wounded Warrior Project Chief Executive Officer Steven Nardizzi and Chief Operating Officer Al Giordano were both removed from the organization after accusations arose alleging that the charity’s donations were being misused.... Over $26 million was spent on employee conferences in 2014, compared to $1.7 million in 2010. The events were described as being lavish and boozy, such as one annual meeting held in a luxury hotel in Colorado Springs, where 500 staff members attended a four-day conference that came with a final price tag of $3 million.

Some comments
(here: Vox Popoli: Reprehensible)

the fact that a vet charity was anti gun raised huge red flags for me.

The fact that these con artists would rip off American military veterans, of all people, just makes them among the lowest of the very low.
Well, I hate to have to say it, but these "veterans" have already demonstrated an almost astonishing level of gullibility – which is a prime attribute of prey species. The US has never been involved in a war which would meet the requirements of what I understand Christian Just War theory to be – i.e. perfectly defensive, against unprovoked attack. Yet "the people" keep buying in and volunteering en masse every time a new war is announced. The instant turnaround of the American people from uninterested in Old World wars to total enthusiasm in response to FDR's carefully managed theater is only one case in point. And now the Rulers have figured out the perfect scam: a war that can never end. Will the American people ever tire of salivating to the bell?
Oh! And check it out: we're back to Richard's "don't build the fence cause the fence won't work." This guy really explains how (why) it's (not) working!
Rats and mice go to where the food is stored.

When they find the food they nibble their way in and when they have access, they proceed to get fat.

Then come the snakes, to eat the rats and mice.

The problem isn't that the snakes are there, because the snakes are a symptom of a rat and mouse infestation. Yet, snakes are cursed creatures and in order to deal with their natural prey, some grow to a large size and others have poisonous venom. Both can be a threat so they are usually killed on sight even though they serve a very useful function.

The problem isn't the rats and mice, they are just being rats and mice.

The problem is the stored food that is the result of either a failure to distribute it as it came in, or a misappropriation of food that created an oversupply at the storage bins. Rats and mice will always be with us. Either learn to love the snakes or learn to deal with the problem at its root cause.

Some would say we need the stored supply of food and thus there will always be rats and mice. This is actually not true. Suitable containers and structures can be created and correctly monitored to ensure that even in the worst of cases, rats and mice can cause only a minimal problem.

Aahhh, we now perceive the real problem. The snakes are in charge of the food.
(My emphasis)

"Our" snakes are in charge of border security...

More comments:
The Clinton Foundation is a non-profit. Any more questions?

Fifty percent is for pikers. March of Dimes runs to about 66% "in support of March of Dimes." Their CEO has a six figure salary and a private jet. The Susan G Coleman Foundation is about in that neighborhood as well. (Think before you Pink)

I would say if you want to help wounded vets then go to the VA for a day and just talk to some of them and find out if there is something they need.
byern likes this.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #8

Oh dear. Wounded Warrior Execs FIRED

We had our nationally known gun group out here that wanted to do a charity thing and put the group name on the candy wrappers. All sales would have went to the WWP. They said no because it was gun related and they are anti gun. Now one wonders, howz that? Bunch of douche nozzles.
What comes first? The money that would help the warriors or a piss ass tude about guns? Fook them. This firing bullshit is just another cover. They can't tell me no one knew all these years. I guess all the lavish galas were not clues? Lying bastards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chuck43 likes this.

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Patriot Benefactor Member - Sumner Gun - ANJRPC - GFH - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin

---------------------------------------
Kimber Warrior SOC
SS Raptor Pro
Ultra Covert II

Last edited by bhunted; 03-12-2016 at 04:13 AM.
bhunted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Cybercycle View Post
...And that's why I only donate to local charities!
You got that right. Screw the national charities. I donate to local charities and my church....nothing nationally.
Chuck43, Zoomybaby and Cybercycle like this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #10

Exclamation Cleaning House Is Good!!

It is good to see the Wounded Warrior Project take out the trash!! I believe in the basic concept that is the basis of this charity. Hopefully they will replace these two bozos with people who are dedicated to serving those wounded while serving.

I support that premise and look forward to better use of contributed funds. If the situation does not improve drastically and soon, I will have to reconsider and direct my support of wounded warriors through another charity.
Chuck43 and bhunted like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote