Pope and bridges - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #1

Pope and bridges

A couple weeks ago the Pope was running his mouth saying that America building a wall on our southern border wasn't Christian, and we should be building bridges instead.

Hey Pope, how's those Muslim bridges to Europe working out?
swca, roketdoc and cousinmark like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #2

And tear down that wall around the Vatican!
Insta-Gator and roketdoc like this.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:29 PM   #3

When these statements are made stop and consider where the person saying it lives. They should live in the neighborhoods affected by these illegal's. Let their wives and children take walks in the neighborhood. Kids walk to school. Mom go shopping. No, most of these idiots always live in upper class or gated communities, never having to experience the "Love" of the inner cities
Lineman, glokrok, Hoffbrew and 3 others like this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #4

Nothing against the Pope, but doesn't he ride around in a golf cart surrounded by a "WALL" of bullet proof glass?
Insta-Gator and roketdoc like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

I am afraid that if I lived in south Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona I probably would be in jail by now. I can not comprehend how folk living there deal with the uncertainty and crime that spills over the border.
roketdoc and cousinmark like this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:10 AM   #6

Exclamation A Man's Got To Know His Limitations!!

The Pope should stick to caring for people's spiritual needs. He should keep his nose out of the politics of world governments. I notice that he hasn't ever come down on the Iranian Ayatollah, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un or Raul Castro about human rights concerns. I wonder why??

Pope John Paul II did an excellent job of ministering to the spiritual needs of people without trying to interject himself into the governing of the various nations of the world. Francis should try being a shepherd of souls, cause he sucks at being a politician!! With all due respect to the Pope, stick to what you know!! YMMV!! I'm just sayin'!!!
roketdoc and Williams like this.

Obama called me a CLINGER! Terrorists call me an INFIDEL!
Hillary calls me DEPLORABLE! Trump calls me an AMERICAN!!

Kimber Stainless Ultra Raptor II .45 ACP
Kimber Pro Carry II .45 ACP
NRA Member 45+ Years
Georgia Carry.Org Member
Wounded Warrior Project Supporter
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #7

(Sorry it's long, but this is important to know for all us normal folks too! Don't be a target; if you are - here's a guide on how to survive!)

"Pope" Francis is a supreme (and horrifying!) example of a Social Justice "Warrior (or as I call them: a Social Justice WHINER!),. Great and useful book called: "SJWs Always Lie" has three 'rules' (and a number of chapters on how to survive an 'attack' by SJWs, as so many innocent well-meaning people don't manage to do!)

The three rules are:
1. SWs ALWAYS lie.
2. SJWs always double-down.
3. SJWs always project.

(When I am quoting the reviewer it's 'normal'/roman font; when the reviewer is quoting Vox Day (Theodore Beale), the author, it's in italic font.)

Social Justice Warriors Always Lie: A Review | Bourbon & Tradition
...Want to know what social justice means today? Go to Twitter and look at the top political hashtag. I'll take a look now…

Ah, there we go. Today is about hijacking #InternationalMensDay—a day to spread awareness that suicide is the leading cause of death in men between 20 and 45 years old -- to complain that every day is men's day and that we should eradicate so-called "toxic masculinity" (SJWs are quite fond of using imprecise and indefinable terms.)

What social justice is really about, first and foremost, is the celebration of victimhood. It's a competition between the loudest and most obnoxious to discover who "society" has given the roughest deal. (Answer: none of them. Social justice is a luxury for the guilt-ridden affluent.)
More than those personal stories, though, Vox Day lays out the mindset of an SJW, what drives them, and how best to respond to their arguments (or, more likely, their overwhelming and nonsensical emotional rhetoric).

If you find their brand of authoritarianism and thought policing disgusting and want to learn more about their tactics, behavior, and beliefs; or, God forbid, you're being targeted by them and want to know what you can do, Vox Day's SJWs Always Lie is the definitive guide. Highly recommended.
From a really good, detailed review:
Greg Johnson, "Defeating The Left: Vox Day's SJWs Always Lie" | Counter-Currents Publishing
Chapter 1, “An Introduction to the SJW,” briefly lists their basic values (equality and diversity) and basic goals (imposing these values through soft totalitarian speech codes, employment discrimination and denial, and the persecution of dissenters).

Chapter 2, “The Three Laws of the SJW” lays out their basic operating system, offering detailed examples from Day’s own experiences with SJW sci-fi writer and blogger Joe Scalzi.
Chapter 7, “What to Do When SJWs Attack,” is practical advice for individuals under fire:
One of Day’s most important principles is to reject the ideals of SJWs: equality, diversity, tolerance, and progress. Day flatly rejects equality as a fact or a moral ideal. He flatly rejects the daft notion that diversity is a strength. He does not measure progress in terms of equality and diversity, but in terms of science and technology, and points out that these forms of progress are incompatible with the first two ideals. He dismisses tolerance as “little more than a cloak for SJW entryism,” noting that SJWs always demand it but never practice it.
A final point has to do with solidarity. Day is quite frank that this battle can be lonely. Society is full of moderates who will split the difference between truth and lies, innocence and guilt, good and evil, rather than take sides. Thus we need to cultivate allies, even if we do not fully agree with them....

A Field Guide to SJWs | American Renaissance
“SJW” stands for “social justice warrior,” which is approximately synonymous with: militant, politically correct ideologue. Or perhaps stridently leftist cultural Marxist. Or, as some of the whimsically inclined might say: noisome progtard.
Mr. Beale also breaks down the SJW modus operandi into its stages and rationales. He analyzes some of the subtle peculiarities about SJW behavior, for example the tendency to plead grievances to weak, unprepared bystanders when they want to attack you.

Thus, when John Derbyshire wrote his famous Takimag column of April 2012 (The Talk: Non-black Version"), the SJWs complained not to the freewheeling Taki Theodoracopulos who published the column – and who would have laughed them off – but to the sedate, limp Rich Lowry of National Review, who immediately buckled http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-da...ohn-derbyshire and put out a public statement that he was severing ties with Mr. Derbyshire, who had been a contributing writer to National Review Online.

Likewise, when JavaScript inventor Brendan Eich was the subject of a gay Twitter-swarm in 2014 (because six years earlier he had contributed to the anti-gay-marriage Proposition 8 in California), the homosexual activists didn’t go directly after the management of Mozilla, where CEO and co-founder Eich was widely supported by other executives. Instead, they got other companies, including OkCupid, to threaten a boycott of Mozilla’s Firefox web-browser. Meanwhile they whipped a number of low-level Mozilla employees into joining the Twitter protests, thereby giving the false impression that Mr. Eich was unpopular within his own company. According to Mr. Beale, Mozilla’s Twitter account received 47,491 messages about the CEO, "most of them negative." Mr. Eich chose to step down just to silence the fuss.
Mr. Beale also proposes a long-term plan for SJW-proofing our society. I found this the most intriguing part of the book. It displays a level of sociological insight and gravitas that is quite different from the light, snarky tone found in other parts of the book and promoted on the book’s cartoonish cover. The author analyzes the deep rot that the SJWs have caused our institutions, explains how we have made ourselves vulnerable to their control, and tells what we can do to end this vulnerability. His suggestions are too extensive to summarize here, but inter alia, we are enjoined to: Build alternative institutions (e.g., home school your children, create alternatives to SJW-infested Wikipedia); defund and destroy their propaganda centers (e.g., ignore their entertainment media); deny them employment; keep them out of your organizations.

It’s a bracing call-to-arms, based on an honest concept of justice:

Our ideals of Truth, Liberty, and Justice are not only sufficient, they are considerably superior to the nonsensical ideas of social justice. The ideals of social justice are not virtues, they are evils in disguise. Reject them without hesitation, reject them without apology, and reject them in their entirety.

The Kindle book is cheap but Mr. Beale has considerately made this fight-back section available for free. You can go to his website here (Vox Popoli), and download the SJW Attack Survival Guide PDF on the right. [Or download directly: http://www.voxday.net/mart/SJW_Attac...ival_Guide.pdf but his blog is excellent (and often funny too!)]
let me leave you with some wonderful quotations from what I found to be a delightful book:
No one but an SJW has ever used more than one of the following words in a sentence: “problematic,” “offensive,” “inclusive,” “triggered,” “trigger warning,” “privilege,” “platforming,” “silencing,” “equitable,””welcoming,” “safe space,” “code of conduct,” “cisgender,” “diversity,” “vibrant”. No one but an SJW makes quasi-religious fetishes of Equality, Diversity, Tolerance, and Progress.

SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down the Thought Police by Vox Day (reviewed by Matt Forney)
He even lays out the step-by-step process of an SJW attack:

Indeed, the mere act of belonging to a seemingly innocuous group is now sufficient to render one a hateful hate-filled hater; for example, the science fiction SJW Nora Jemisin reliably informs us that not only was Robert Heinlein “racist as *fuck*”, but most of science fiction fandom is too. Other groups deemed “institutionally racist, sexist, and homophobic” by SJWs include the Cardiff City football team’s management squad, the San Francisco Police Department, the Franciscan Order, the people of Toronto and their mayor, the Washington Post editorial page, ad agencies, the Catholic Church, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Among many, many others.
It’s from this foundation that Day lays out the necessary steps for resisting SJWs. Social justice wackos are purely social, Pharisaical creatures: their modus operandi is using public shaming to deprive their enemies of social and financial support. However, a crucial plank of their effectiveness is the willingness of the target to grovel to them for mercy, much in the same way that “witches” in Salem or victims of Stalin’s purges would confess to the “crimes” that they were being falsely accused of. Take that away and the SJW’s house of cards comes tumbling down:

The most important thing to accept here is the complete impossibility of compromise or even meaningful communication with your attackers. SJWs do not engage in rational debate because they are not rational, and they do not engage in honest discourse because they do not believe in objective truth. They do not compromise because the pure spirit of enlightened progressive social justice dare not sully itself with the evil of the outdated Endarkenment. They are the emotion-driven rhetoric-speakers of whom Aristotle wrote: “Before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy for what we say to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct.”
To put it simply, social justice warriors are a pestilence on society. They cannot be reasoned with, compromised with or otherwise agree to disagree. They are mentally ill, philosophically deranged and emotionally unstable. If allowed to run unchecked, SJWs will progressively ostracize everyone who isn’t down with the latest Marxist insanity, eventually turning on each other in a cannibalistic frenzy.
Articles: Fighting Back Against the SJWs

The Most Important Book Of 2015: SJWs Always Lie
SJW’s have so infected Western institutions and corporations that it is inevitable you will come face-to-face with an SJW who hopes to harm you and your livelihood. For that reason, SJWs Always Lie amounts to essential reading for all men. It’s the most important book I read in 2015.

In the universities, in the churches, in the corporations, in the professional associations, in the editorial offices, in the game studios, and just about everywhere else you can imagine, free speech and free thought are under siege by a group of fanatics as self-righteous as Savonarola, as ruthless as Stalin, as ambitious as Napoleon, and as crazy as Caligula. They are the Social Justice Warriors, the SJWs, the self-appointed thought police who have been running amok throughout the West since the dawn of the politically correct era in the 1990s.

Vox methodically breaks down the enemy that we have been fighting for years, including their strengths, weaknesses, and modes of attack. While information on fighting SJWs are available on various sites and forums, this is the first time it has been assembled in one cohesive work.
What is the “narrative”?
The Narrative is the story that the SJWs want to tell. It is the fiction they want you to believe; it is the reality that they want to create through the denial of the problematic reality that happens to exist at the moment. And there is no one definitive Narrative. Instead, there are many Narratives, all of them subject to change at any time, thereby requiring the SJW who subscribes to them to be able to change his own professed beliefs on demand as well.
Common SJW behaviors
[An SJW] is inclined to thought-police, speech-police, and even race-police everyone around him and will try to marginalize, discredit, and destroy anyone who fails to conform to his thought-policing with sufficient obedience and enthusiasm. […]
they prey on the na´ve and the unsuspecting. They prey on the moderates, the middle-grounders, and the fence-sitters. They prey on people like you: good, decent individuals who try to treat everyone fairly and who can’t even imagine having done anything that anyone could possibly find objectionable. Why? Because soft targets are always easier to destroy than hard ones.
The easiest way to stop this attack cycle is to gather support from allies and not apologize. The apology plays into their hands and makes the situation worse, which is why Vox implores his readers to never apologize to SJWs.

Look at [British biochemist and molecular physiologist, awarded the 2001 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, hounded out of his university and some professional orgs in Europe, Sir Tim FRS, FMedSci, FRSE] Hunt. Look at [JavaScript inventor, hounded out of his job, Brendan] Eich. Look at everyone in your personal experience who has come under attack by SJWs. Did apologizing do them any good at all? Did apologizing reduce the intensity of the attacks on them, or did the SJWs keep attacking? An apology is not going to relieve the pressure on you, it is only going to increase it.

Last edited by Ice-and-Snow; 03-25-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #8

I don't know much about the social warrior thing, but I do know a little about "Follow The Money".

The Catholic church (and others) get millions of our federal tax dollars for assisting illegals. That was an important element of categorizing all these unaccompanied children as "refugees". Big business likes the cheap labor, and the politicians like getting big contributions from big business. Meanwhile... the rest of America gets shafted.

Go Trump!

Build that wall
Hoffbrew and roketdoc like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:30 PM   #9

I can see it now.....

The Great Wall of Trump

Disney could sell 'T' Tickets, or daily tours for $99.99
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #10

Being Catholic, I believe the Pope has every right and duty to pray for world Peace and humane treatment of all people. I have a difficult time accepting some of the church's political views and even some historical doctrine. The church seemed to turn a blind eye during WWII and the Nazi's treatment of the Jews. I will still believe no matter what different views I may have with the reigning Pontiff. Today being Good Friday, I'm trying to be a little more respectful and religious to all, than I normally am.

Happy Easter to all believers and not.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote