• 1 Post By JC45
  • 1 Post By Marshall
  • 3 Post By Pops6116
  • 3 Post By glokrok
  • 1 Post By Dude22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #1

My thanks

I know everyone goes through trying times. My mom was at near death and recovered recently. All the days and countless hours sitting in the waiting room at the hospital is very trying. Everyone who has been through this knows that tragedy takes it's toll and to maintain some sense of reality/sanity everyone must adapt the best they can. I couldn't let worry get me down and to maintain a real world sense of being I turn to my interests to help keep my mind off of it. The worry and sadness for me turned to a little happiness by being amongst those who shared my interests, often laughter in the off topics, trying to be helpful in the serious threads, sharing my love of Kimbers with those who love Kimbers. I know I tend to be controversial and one post in particular I feel like I let everyone down by posting a controversial feeling that I think may have been too much for this forum. But regardless I feel like the reading of the posts and posters long before I introduced myself made me feel like I knew some of you and gave me great comfort in trying times. Thank you guys..I really appreciate you.
fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-31-2016, 12:38 AM   #2

Fifthgear if anyone on this forum has said things that may be controversial I think i've over stepped maybe a couple times. From the start I felt a common closeness with the members here who in fact are total strangers but we let each into little parts of our lives through a common interest, I feel it's very therapeutic in it's own way. I lost both of my parents in one year a few months apart so I can say with knowledge I know what you're going through. I for one am pleased that you feel close enough to open up your heart and share with us your hurt. Bottling up feelings to me is creating a time bomb inside and it's not healthy. I've spent those times in the hospital and nursing homes and I'm sure many on this forum have. No words that I have can truly comfort you but I believe knowing that others care and think of you, that can ease you pain I hope. I've not met you but know that I'll think of you, as with Nellybelle and Steve and some others who have had pain in their lives. It's the Christian way, John
Chuck43, glokrok, Hoffbrew and 7 others like this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 05:23 AM   #3

Very happy to hear of your mothers recovery. I know how a positive distraction can be comforting in those trying times.
We're not always positive and rarely are we comforting, but we are always a distraction.
Chuck43, 2sharp2, glokrok and 7 others like this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
Super Moderator

I'm glad to hear that your mother has recovered, I can only imagine what you went through and how trying it was. I'm glad that we were able to contribute a little relief / distraction from the stress.
glokrok, roketdoc, JC45 and 4 others like this.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:40 AM   #5

Fifthgear, happy to hear your Mother is doing better. Hope her health continues to improve.
fifthgear likes this.
JC45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:49 AM   #6

5gear, I am so glad that your mother is doing better and pray for continuing health. .

I lost my mama in December and wish that pain on nobody. ..
fifthgear likes this.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:56 AM   #7

My Thanks

Fifth Gear, after reading your post, I felt compelled to let you know that I am very glad that your mother is better and recovering. I cant think of any stronger bond that a mother and her son. Thank you for letting us know that all is well. Since finding and joining this forum, I too have found that the men and women who share their common interest here are like minded yet different. the good advice I have been given has helped me a lot and I now find myself coming back here daily. The humor is always welcome. I too have lost my mother and father some time ago and it is always good to have distractions that in a way, take our minds off what may be going on in our lives if only for brief moment. I hope that your mother continues to recover.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:31 AM   #8

As l stand outside the door of my mom's hospital room this morning while they clean her up I too love my escapes to KT. Thank you for sharing fifthgear. God bless you, brother.
Dude22, fifthgear and Pops6116 like this.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #9

I lost my mother in 1988 after 3 months in the hospital. I still miss her. Happy to hear your mom is doing better!
fifthgear likes this.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote