Kimber vs Ruger - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Kimber vs Ruger

Kimber Stainless Raptor II and my new Stainless SR1911 Commander. 5 inch vs 4.25 inch. Shot 50 rounds each of Hawksight 230 grain fmj. Let me say l am impressed with this ammo. Clean as any you will find. Pay no attention to this little Sig in the way. I got a story about it later.
3 magazines 24 rounds each. I started with the Raptor first cold no warm up. A hoodlum ain't gonna give us no warm ups. At 9 yards or 27ft. for those who prefer ft. I like feet. It sounds farther. Standing with no support. Shame on you hoodlum if I got support.
Center mass is the Raptor The head is the Ruger.
The last two rounds I backed up to 17yrds or 51ft the yellow circle was with the Ruger the red circle with the Raptor. But l had just finished shooting with the Ruger ok no excuses.
This is 51ft. 3 magazines with the Raptor

This is 51ft. 3 magazines with the Ruger. Also the last two rounds same as above. These guys who can shoot 1-4 inch groups at 15-20 yrds have my utmost respect. I can't stop shaking unsupported. I guess like anything else. Practice Practice Practice!!!
Hoffbrew, cousinmark, JC45 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by glokrok; 04-06-2016 at 03:11 PM.
glokrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #2

Oh yeah the shot by the neck was a flat out zinger. A bigtime jerk. I was aiming center mass. I wonder if this green hoodlum was shooting back how bad l would be jerking. mmmm....

Last edited by glokrok; 04-06-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #3

Bahahahaheeheehoohoo!!

Old 04-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #4

Texas folks can shooooot goooood....

glokrok, roketdoc and Pops6116 like this.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:39 PM   #5

Fine shooting and I like what those pic's show us. Now, how do you compare the two guns with respect to recoil, trigger, any malfunctions, and ease of cleaning...plus any other topic you think is important to make comment?
glokrok likes this.
OGCA - Life Member
Cybercycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:55 PM   #6

You put way to much pressure on your self in my opinion. Man thats nice shooting! And I like the looks of both of those shooters, even the midget. Is that ammo local or can you get it anywhere, also hows the price? And by the way, if you Texan's are such good shots how come you had to call in Davy Crocket and Jim Bowie and those other Eastern boys to help out at the Alamo? No offense meant, just curious...........
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:17 PM   #7

All cleaned up and ready for bed.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:25 PM   #8

Well as the others are saying, how do you compare them?
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Nice shooting glokrok, you've made excellent progress.
glokrok likes this.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #10

Originally Posted by Cybercycle View Post
Fine shooting and I like what those pic's show us. Now, how do you compare the two guns with respect to recoil, trigger, any malfunctions, and ease of cleaning...plus any other topic you think is important to make comment?
I wanted to compare a steel frame gun and the perfect comparison would be my CCP but it needs to go back to the mothership. I have the label, the case number but thats another story.
Recoil, the Raptor has the advantage there because it's a 5 inch and a full length guide rod but not that big of a difference to me, the novice shooter.
Trigger, definitely the edge goes to the Raptor only because the Ruger trigger has just a little play in it where the Raptor has none plus the pull is lighter on the Raptor but not by much. The trigger is definitely not bad on the Ruger at all. In fact it is excellent just not a Kimber.
Malfunctions, none. I did put a little more stress on the Ruger by not cleaning it on purpose after the first one hundred rounds last week and it didn't miss a beat. Also l used 8 round Kimpro Tac Mags it came with 7 round magazines but had no problem with these. The Raptor was awesome as well.
Ease of cleaning, no difference really. Both have bushings. Very easy to take down clean and put back together.
Feel, I really have a thing for the pro size pistol. My first was my SCP and then the CCP and now a Commander, .25 inch longer, l don't know if it is because my shoulders bother me so much it is lighter or what it is. I find them more comfortable. The perfect size. I find myself looking toward them mostly when perusing the gun sites.
Final thought, one can buy a Chevy and go anywhere a Mercedes can go and even a Bentley or Rolls Royce. One can also take a pencil and poke holes in paper.
Cybercycle likes this.

Last edited by glokrok; 04-06-2016 at 06:59 PM.