Do you carry concealed? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Do you carry concealed?

I've had my Concealed Handgun License since it became available in the State of Ohio. I've experimented with several guns and methods of carrying over the years. For the past four years my gun of choice has been my Glock 19 sometimes replaced by my Glock 26. I've finally got enough rounds through my Kimber to trust it's reliability and have been carrying it lately.

How about you?

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Not yet, I live in Illinois nuff said?

The Illinois State Police officially had to started taking applications by law on Jan 5th. Tracking applications you could see where they were accepted then pending then put on hold while the state police developed a training video to train officers how to approach people with concealed carry licenses. When the Illinois State Rifle Association asked to see a copy of the video they were told it was classified. Now I just found out they have changed the way they score the 30 required shots on the approved targets so some people may have to go back and requalify. I waiting for the dog and pony show to end before I submit my application.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #3

I cc most of the time while out and about. Looking forward to downsizing to the Solo, just haven't had the time or weather to get better acquainted with her yet. It has given me time to find the right holster though.
recker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #4

Every day since 1990 or so.
Gmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #5

I carry my Aegis II Ultra or my Shield, both 9mm every day. If I am in a hurry I put my Sig238 in my pocket and go.

KEEP CALM AND RETURN FIRE

NRA Life Member
Dude22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #6

Yes, I CC almost every day. Generally I put it on when I get dressed in the morning, even if I'm not planning to go anywhere. May seem strange to wear around he house, but I think it is important for anyone who wants to carry to be very comfortable wearing a firearm. If you just wear it on certain occasions or to certain places, you will not be comfortable (mentally, not the holster) and will inadvertently fiddle with or adjust the placement in public. Don't be the guy who fiddles with his holster/gun in public.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)

Last edited by Insta-Gator; 01-30-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #7

Won't be for another month or 2. Me and the Mrs. will be taking the class to get our CC permit soon. I just had my XDs returned from Springfield last week. I want to get some night sights put on it and put some more rounds through it before then.
OscarZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
Not yet, I live in Illinois nuff said?

The Illinois State Police officially had to started taking applications by law on Jan 5th. Tracking applications you could see where they were accepted then pending then put on hold while the state police developed a training video to train officers how to approach people with concealed carry licenses. When the Illinois State Rifle Association asked to see a copy of the video they were told it was classified. Now I just found out they have changed the way they score the 30 required shots on the approved targets so some people may have to go back and requalify. I waiting for the dog and pony show to end before I submit my application.
At least they are working on it in Illinois. Hopefully you'll be able to exercise your second amendment rights soon!
Marshall likes this.

Ohio Chl holder
NRA member
Old age isn't for sissy's
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #9

Everyday since 2001. I don't think that I could tighten my belt without my Kimber.
Fleamac, Marshall and Islander like this.
bigdog10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Islander View Post
At least they are working on it in Illinois. Hopefully you'll be able to exercise your second amendment rights soon!
Not much more to work on, it's been fought and won in court. The state is just dragging it's feet, finding excuses to hold things up. The law says they had to accept applications by Jan 5th and they did but then they keep finding excuses to put the program on hold, revise target scoring, make movies to train every cop in the state etc. The next one I'm waiting for is the 30 day picture rule. They require a digital photo taken within 30 days of applying for your permit. It's possible with all these delays that once they begin processing applications again they could say the pictures are over 30 days old and reject the applications.

Search tags for this page
best 9mm for concealed carry
best 9mm for concealed carry in illinois

concealed carry renewal las vegas nv

illinois concealed carry

michigan rules for concealed carry

new il concealed carry laws

the number of illinois conceal carry permits aproves so far as of 4 10 14
whay states honor illinois concealed carry permit
Click on a term to search for related topics.