New toy-Modern Muscle - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #1

New toy-Modern Muscle

I have not had a muscle car since 81 and that nice looking but sorely underpowered 85 Z28 didn't count. But with kids out on their own, no car payments for years, recent retirement and doing some side jobs I treated myself to this! Not a Hellcat but I could hardly justify the additional 18K for the 200 horses I could rarely if ever really let out of the gate. This is no daily driver for me but is nostalgic and fun for me.

I will eventually get my 60s Mopar muscle car someday but till then...This Challenger 392 Hemi SRT in classic B5 blue will do!500 horses is plenty for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1371.JPG (1.89 MB, 11 views)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #2

That is gorgeous !! I'm a mopar guy and had three new Challengers, the last being a Black SRT8. They are the best in my opinion. Fast and comfortable. Did you know that much of the underpinnings are Mercedes? I believe E and some S class from when they were partnered with Chrysler/Dodge. I never even spun the tires on mine I did accelerate quickly at times but mainly just enjoyed the heck out of the driving experience. You got a real winner. By the way if you don't have a spare tire invest in a "spare tire kit" for it. It'll give you a lot of peace of mind. I just sold mine to update my wifes car but I'll have another. More pictures !!
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #3

Yes, considering the spare kit.

It had 300 miles on it. Someone drove off and didn't qualify for a loan and had to bring it back. 300 miles saves me about 5k.

Mopar SRT did a VIN check and it is 1 of 24 made to the same specs and options. Neat to know but it will be 50 years before that means anything...if it survives and my son can keep it nice when I check out!

I still hear a Hemi GTX or 440 Dart GTS calling my name! In B5 or B7 blue of course.
Chuck43 likes this.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #4

Years ago I had two Max Wedge Plymouths and one Street Wedge, all automatics and I got the speed thing out of me. I loved them but they were crude and pretty radical and now I figure like your car, the new ones are faster, and you've got so much luxury and options and you can drive cross country if you like. I had also done the car show thing but got very tired of that, just sitting around with the car. Now I'd rather get in and drive somewhere and enjoy the car. We have a lot of Amish areas South and East of Cleveland and it's nice to just take off for the day and go out into the country and get away from the city. Well anyway like I mentioned you've got the best of the modern muscle cars. You'll enjoy the heck out of it.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:53 AM   #5

By the way mine had about the same miles when I bought mine and they gave me an extended warranty, maybe you could press the dealer for that because technically it's a use car with miles. It's worth a try.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:13 PM   #6

Very nice. I too am a life long mopar guy, with a 69 r/t se charger. someday I hope to ad a new challenger to the stable.
paguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Snake15 View Post
By the way mine had about the same miles when I bought mine and they gave me an extended warranty, maybe you could press the dealer for that because technically it's a use car with miles. It's worth a try.
Thats a label that can vary from state to state legally. In AZ it is not used till titled to someone else. Dealer demo cars can have thousands of miles but are considered new. Of course they get discounted due to those miles... Mine has full factory warranty plus the 330 miles that were on the odometer.

When my warranties expire it is due to time, not miles.

My 06 Mega cab Ram Cummins has 78k on it.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #8

Years ago I had two Max Wedge Plymouths and one Street Wedge, all automatics and I got the speed thing out of me. I loved them but they were crude and pretty radical and now I figure like your car, the new ones are faster, and you've got so much luxury and options and you can drive cross country if you like. I had also done the car show thing but got very tired of that, just sitting around with the car. Now I'd rather get in and drive somewhere and enjoy the car. We have a lot of Amish areas South and East of Cleveland and it's nice to just take off for the day and go out into the country and get away from the city. Well anyway like I mentioned you've got the best of the modern muscle cars. You'll enjoy the heck out of it.
Oh I get what you say. I still love those old engine holders. Ugly and loud is how I like them. I almost got a 426 Max Wedge Belvedere at auction in Jan. I like them for what they are with no expectations of anything else. Don't really care about shows etc. Just driving them.

I nearly puked when I saw a 70 LS6 Chevelle SS at Barrett exactly like mine go for 125K. I sold it in 1979 or 80 with 72K miles on it for $1800.

Had an 69 El Camino that would pull the left front wheel up 8 inches with a 510 rat motor. Had to drive a 64 VW baja to school and around but on friday and saturday night it rocked.

We crammed a 426 Hemi into Demon that was a lot of fun too.

The SRT is awesome and will smoke much of what we thought to be fast back in the day, but I still want to go backwards and make those nerd in Jap tuners ask WTF is that?
Snake15 likes this.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #9

Love the new Mopar, only change I would have made is mine would be Black! I'm still trying to come up with a good reason to buy one.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #10

I would to see photos of those old Mopars too!
Snake15 likes this.