What Ted got wrong - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 01:02 PM   #1

What Ted got wrong

Ted is a pretty smart guy but he really failed to see that what the huge mobilization behind Trump is an opportunity to side with someone that is a) willing to communicate in unvarnished clear-speak rather than rehearsed, over designed, poll-driven talking points. b) is not part of the base insider power structure that is tainted by closed door deals and political favors, and c) is hoping that a new perspective and approach might be able to get things done.

In his hours of desperation, Ted fell back to the very set of behaviors that everyone detests. Making backroom deals for delegates to countermand actual voter preference, a deal with Kasich on state focus, and finally teaming up with Fiorina as a VP candidate. All the while, he was spouting the typical political BS, stylized talking points, and a sickeningly staged presentation (wife and Carly, one step back and down, looking up all googoo eyes and proud, acting astounded to be here with him). You cannot change a leopard's spots Rafael.
cousinmark likes this.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #2

I didn't like that crook on Green Acres and that hasn't changed one bit during this election cycle.

As John Boehner called him.... Lucifer in the flesh...

Good riddance Mr Haney....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cruz.jpg (27.7 KB, 4 views)
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
Banned

Trump is a movement. Cruz and the other 16 GOP wannabees never had a chance. Cruz's behavior at the end was desperation and was bad style, but the game was "Game Over" for him. Good/bad/no style was not going to make any difference.

Trump talks a good new great hope, but it's too late. 19 Trillion debt is giant asteroid that is going to plow us under. All the blustering and talk is good entertainment for some.
cousinmark likes this.
montanaResident is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2016, 01:17 PM   #4

In concert with the above sentiments....

Just a few months after this video, Carly would say she is proud to join the Cruz team and that "Ted is who he says he is, he will do what he says."

Meanwhile... Trump accuses them of being liars and then is criticized for being too harsh. You decide.

Insta-Gator and cousinmark like this.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #5

Cruz made the same mistake all the rest of them did, he tried to get down in the mud and play dirty like Donald. Trouble is nobody beats Trump when it comes to dirty tactics and rolling in the mud. He's so dirty he can't look any worse, not the same for the rest of them.
He should of just stuck to his conservative principles and let the chips fall were they may, anytime you try to be something your not. It always back fires.
Mike240, Marshall and cousinmark like this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #6

In my opinion Cruz just didn't have the charisma, add his choice for VP to the mix and dang! He's always got a condescending look on his face and she has a seemingly permanent scowl. I'm glad they dropped out of the picture. Hope there's enough time to get Trump dialed in so he can hold his own in a debate with Hillary.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #7

Originally Posted by cousinmark View Post
In my opinion Cruz just didn't have the charisma, add his choice for VP to the mix and dang! He's always got a condescending look on his face and she has a seemingly permanent scowl. I'm glad they dropped out of the picture. Hope there's enough time to get Trump dialed in so he can hold his own in a debate with Hillary.
While I like and believe in what Cruz stands for and believes in, he made the criticle mistake of trying to counter punch and be reactive. The whole VP thing was a huge mistake, reeked of desperation.
You say who you are, what you believe in and what you'll do. Stay strong, assertive and consistent. Don't try to chase someone else's tail and stay out of the garbage and mud. That's were he failed, I believe if he could do it over. He would not of listened to half the people who told him otherwise.
Only Trump could do what he did and win, although I don't think it will continue to work for him. I see dark dark days ahead for the United States of America. Either way there will be a liberal in the White House, one is far worse then the other. But neither will be good.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #8

“If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.”
― Mark Twain

My one humorous contribution to this political thread.
Maineiac64 likes this.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #9

The "mistake" is not really a mistake. It's just who the other candidates are.

We're $20 trillion in debt, can't stop losing jobs to China, can't deal with ISIS, can't secure the border, cant take care of the veterans, can't drill mine or build a pipeline... on and on and on... CAN'T do nothing in America. Trump is a "Can Do" guy. The rest are just politicians. They had nothing to offer buy political posturing. Trump was telling stories of his own success doing things. They were never going to win.
ChattanoogaPhil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #10

zoomy, when the heck did Trump say your wife is ugly? She's adorable. Why I'll punch him in the snotlocker for you and I bet any one of us would
Zoomybaby and Hoffbrew like this.
Snake15 is offline   Reply With Quote