LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #1

Great idea for Disabled Shooters

Constitution Arms brings carbine shooting to the disabled

Chuck43 and Markie like this.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #2

Pretty cool, but right now my hands are still okay. I need a way to get out to the 50, 100 & 200 yard berms to hang targets at my range.

Note: Because of dumb pride, I still refuse to use a wheelchair or even a walker, so I continue to waddle along with one or two canes.

I either have to invite someone to tag along, or hope somebody left a fairly clean target out there. If the range is empty besides me, I'll manage to get targets out there, but it takes a looooong time.

Still beats the hell out of working (I still do work 5 days/week though).

Terry
glokrok and Zoomybaby like this.

Last edited by leemata; 05-22-2016 at 08:33 AM.
leemata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:14 PM   #3

Originally Posted by leemata View Post
Pretty cool, but right now my hands are still okay. I need a way to get out to the 50, 100 & 200 yard berms to hang targets at my range.

Note: Because of dumb pride, I still refuse to use a wheelchair or even a walker, so I continue to waddle along with one or two canes.

I either have to invite someone to tag along, or hope somebody left a fairly clean target out there. If the range is empty beside me, I'll manage to get targets out there, but it takes a looooong time.

Still beats the hell out of working (I still do work 5 days/week though).

Terry
There are plenty of good people in this world that would help you if you just ask. Look at this way, if the situation was reverse and someone needed help and ask you, I bet you wouldn't hesitate to help. And you would feel good for doing it.
So why not allow the person shooting beside you to help.? Two things will happen, First it will make it easier on you, Second it would make them feel good for being able to help someone. Both party's win. I have allowed people to help me before when I really didn't need the help because I could tell it meant something to them. Next time your at the range just say hey would you mine changing my target while your out there, I bet you will be surprised by people's willingness to help. You may just make a friend along the way too.

Chuck43, glokrok and leemata like this.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
There are plenty of good people in this world that would help you if you just ask. Look at this way, if the situation was reverse and someone needed help and ask you, I bet you wouldn't hesitate to help. And you would feel good for doing it.
So why not allow the person shooting beside you to help.? Two things will happen, First it will make it easier on you, Second it would make them feel good for being able to help someone. Both party's win. I have allowed people to help me before when I really didn't need the help because I could tell it meant something to them. Next time your at the range just say hey would you mine changing my target while your out there, I bet you will be surprised by people's willingness to help. You may just make a friend along the way too.
All great points Zoomy, but I guess it's just stupid pride. I have always been very independent, so when I started having to give things up, it just hasn't been easy to swallow it.

I will say that when I'm out in public (which isn't too often) I'm overwhelmed by everyone's willingness to lend a hand.

Terry
Zoomybaby likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #5

I am sure it's not easy to ask people for help. My wife although doesn't have any disability, can't ask anyone for any kind of help. So she would be just like you if she was faced with any type of problems. You just have to understand most people don't mind helping. It takes a strong person to admit he needs assistance and ask for it. Asking for help isn't in anyway a sign of weakness. Your already showing your strength by not giving up and still getting out enjoying life and doing what you love

leemata likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

What do you normally shoot when you go to the range?

Old 05-22-2016, 08:07 PM   #7

Very well said Zoomy. All true.
Zoomybaby likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Zoomybaby View Post
What do you normally shoot when you go to the range?
Any combination of the following:

.22LR Ruger Mark II, Rem Speedmaster 552
.380 Bersa Thunder
9mm Taurus PT111, Hi-Point 995 Carbine
.45 Kimber Custom II Two Tone
30-30 Win 94
7.62X39 Yugo O-PAP AK47
.223/5.56 BCA AR15
45-70 Springfield US Model 1873 Trapdoor

Terry
Old 05-22-2016, 10:11 PM   #9

Nice collection of iron. I would like a 45/70 rifle. I am going to Google yours and see what it looks like. Sounds cool.

leemata likes this.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:21 AM   #10

It's very cool and is in excellent condition. I plan to hand load with black powder for it at some point because I've read that smokeless powders create too high of chamber pressures for that old steel. Mine is the full length rifle .... not the carbine.

Terry
Zoomybaby likes this.