Any Arizona, Tucson members? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #1

Any Arizona, Tucson members?

For a while now I've been seriously thinking of moving to AZ, the Tucson area in perticular. Love the high altitude desert there and the outdoor activities. It's cooler then the lower altitude desert, still hot in the summer. But really not all that much hotter then where I live in Komifornia. I can get almost double the home there for the cost and freedom.
My daughter will be attending the University of Arizona this fall(go Wildcats)so we'll also be close to my baby girl. Only real negative is my son will have to adjust to a new high school.
So any imput would be appreciated, good and bad about the state/area. I'm guessing it may be somewhat of a liberal area do to the Universaty. But compared to CA, can't be that bad.
So what do I need to be prepared for in this move.
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #2

I lived in Tucson some 20+ years ago, it was a fantastic place, I told my wife the other day that I wished we had not left but we were drawn back east. The weather is great except for the HOT summers, the people are excellent, and there was always a lot going on. Tucson was a right sized city, not big, but big enough especially with UA if you love college sports. Its an excellent place.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #3

It'll be a great adventure. Probably meet a lot of X-CAL, freedom loving folks like yourself. Plus as far as gun friendly states; AZ is at the top of the list #1.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 05-22-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Cucamonga kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #4

Originally Posted by Cucamonga kid View Post
It'll be a great adventure. Probably meet a lot of X-CAL, freedom loving folks like yourself.
I'm hopping as long as it's not the type that like to bring the failed ideas of CA progressiveness with them. I'm hopping to leave all that in the rear view mirror.
Another plus is my wife has relatives in Arizona, some in the Tucson area and some south of Phoenix. She was born in Douglas AZ.
It seems retired LEO from CA have two distinct avenues of escape, the southern route AZ or the northern route Idaho, the Mrs dose not do snow. So the Northern route is closed for me.
Cucamonga kid likes this.
Old 05-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #5

We got out in 94. Took the 15 North to Montana and never regretted it. We live in the Capital city; Population 35,000. 100 miles to the next big city. Wife was born in Hawaii and lived in So Cal 20 years. We would never go back.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #6

I have spent a number of winters 25 miles south of Tucson and have enjoyed every minute. If you enjoy the outdoors you are golden. Like firearms freedom, you bet. Like a limited list of firearms you can purchase, stay away, this place is wide open. Summers are a little warm sure, but tolerable. Enjoy basketball, the support for the Wildcats is huge. If you ride motorcycle you are in heaven. We spend a lot of time in Tucson and they have all the amenities of a big city. I don't think crime is any worse for a city of it's size. Two growing areas are Mirana on the northwest side and Oro Valley just east of that.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #7

Last year we took a trip to Benson AZ and one day we drove up to Tucson for the day, mostly sight seeing looked like a real nice place.

I wouldn't trade Tennessee for Arizona but moving from California would be a no brainer.

I liked Arizona but started missing real trees after a short time.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:49 PM   #8

Thanks for all the info, really hope to make this happen in the next 12-18 months.

Sharp I saw lots of trees there. But they only had two or three real thick branches and the leaves were all long, pointy and sharp. Didn't really give you much shade.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #9

I live about 15 minutes south of Tucson in a town called Sahuarita It is a very nice community that has been growing over the last 10 years. Tucson is a great place IMO but I'm pretty biased. I have traveled around the globe and even lived in CA myself while I was in the military and I have to say this is still my favorite place. Great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors, summers can be hot but its dry. Get a place with a pool and you've got it made.
2sharp2 likes this.

Last edited by AZFX4; 05-23-2016 at 09:05 AM.
AZFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:10 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Tankgunner View Post
Thanks for all the info, really hope to make this happen in the next 12-18 months.

Sharp I saw lots of trees there. But they only had two or three real thick branches and the leaves were all long, pointy and sharp. Didn't really give you much shade.
The huge Saguaro Cautus are impressive to this country boy but they don't count as trees in my book.
Pics made near Benson AZ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0225.JPG (2.54 MB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0250 (1).JPG (2.46 MB, 3 views)
Chuck43 likes this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)