The British are coming! - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 07:25 PM   #1

The British are coming!

Obama praises the British and the French and the Australians for their strict gun control and it seems to be coming here to a state near you. Referring to Connecticut's new law against assault weapons and high-capacity magazine's; if your state required you to register your ARs and turn in or destroy your high-capacity magazines would you comply? Estimates are that there are tens of thousands of Connecticut patriots who refused to comply making them class D felons. When would you take a stand knowing that registration is the last step before confiscation?
cousinmark and Pops6116 like this.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #2

I don't know that it will come to that? I would suggest buying now though if you think you'll be needing a few more AR type guns or high capacity mags. It's looking good for "the Donald" at the moment but if he doesn't win and a few seats in congress turn blue...
Things could change pretty fast.
Chuck43 and Cucamonga kid like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #3

Of the 15 Republican candidates we had at the beginning of the convention Donald was on the bottom of my list. But I will walk over broken glass barefoot to vote for him as a vote against Hillary. I've heard some conservative Republican types who say they just cannot vote for Donald so they're going to stay home. I say to them get off your moral high horse and do something even if you have to hold your nose when you pull the lever or punch the chad. If you don't vote you have no right to complain about what you get and I don't even want to hear about it from you.
Chuck43, glokrok, OLE442 and 6 others like this.

Last edited by Cucamonga kid; 05-26-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Cucamonga kid is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2016, 09:26 PM   #4

I would not comply. Never. But noncompliance doesn't correct the wrong of them even asking/telling me to. That part there is where I'm uncertain what to do. Seems like just doing my part with voting, staying informed and staying in the discussion isn't slowing the chiselling away of rights.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #5

Originally Posted by Spotly View Post
I would not comply. Never. But noncompliance doesn't correct the wrong of them even asking/telling me to. That part there is where I'm uncertain what to do. Seems like just doing my part with voting, staying informed and staying in the discussion isn't slowing the chiselling away of rights.
Your neck of the woods tends to stay blue so I'm sure it's worse than GA where we're always red. The reason it "seems" as though your rights are being chiseled away is because they ARE, unless of course you're talking about rights to free stuff or something involving weirdness. Got to keep trying though...
Chuck43, OLE442 and Cucamonga kid like this.
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:56 AM   #6

I will always follow the law, I am behind the lines in a not so free state. To say anything different on a Internet forum would not be the smartest thing to do. I suggest that we all follow the law, no matter how ridiculous and unamerican it is.
Chuck43 and JC45 like this.
Tankgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:53 AM   #7

There still has to be years of court challenges ahead. I think your rifles are safe if the leaders of the state file immediately under the 2A, 4A, 5A and 10A.

Such a law violates all of these enumerated rights. It will take a decade to unknot it. All it takes is a little courage.

No one thought Scott Walker had a chance to make Wisconsin a RTW state or cut taxes, but he did. Ten other states are now suing Barry over the bathroom fiasco.

Barry should get hauled into court on this, too.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:04 AM   #8

I've come across people from Connecticut that refuse to comply with their new laws. I really don't know what the right answer is because if you use one of those guns in self defense their going to crucify you. In NYC you can't buy any gun without applying for a permit. (rifle, shotgun or pistol). If you are court each gun is a 15 year sentence. A police officer told me that.
I purchased my AR15 as soon as Obama became President. I don't shoot it enough but I wanted one.
cousinmark likes this.
JC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:36 AM   #9
Super Moderator

I don't own an AR, in fact I've never even handled one. I'd have to travel for over an hour just to get to a range where I could shoot one. I do have a safe full of long guns but they haven't been shot in over 20 years. I've been slowly giving them to my son who lives out of state.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:42 AM   #10

Unless they change the Constitution, no sitting president can change the law and take our guns. Ain't happening. Everyone knows there will be blood in the streets if they try. All the LEOs I know would not attempt to enforce such a law.
cousinmark likes this.

It's not that I have something to hide, ... I have nothing I want you to see.

(remember your 4th Amendment right, people)
Insta-Gator is offline   Reply With Quote