zoo shooting - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2016, 10:01 AM   #1

zoo shooting

...being I was off for the weekend and home, turned out I didn't have much time to check in here. Lawn is looking good by the way :-)
...I was kinda surprised to not see anything here about the Gorilla in Cincinnati? I guess you've gotta shoot the old fella but I feel bad for him. When he wasn't dragging the kid around he was actually gentile and looked to be protecting the boy? I'll be curious to find how the hell the kid wound up in there?
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #2

Yep - kinda sad for sure. Hope he went quick. Sounds like some in the media are throwing the parents under the bus already - gotta have someone to blame. I'm eager to hear what went wrong there too.

On a side note, sounds like we need a "Show Us Your Lawn and Garden" thread
cousinmark likes this.

You can tell alot about a fellow's character by his way of eating jellybeans. - Ronald Reagan
Spotly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:42 AM   #3

Yeah. I saw where they have started an investigation and it is said to be centering on the parents. I just remember when I was a kid this boy's age, I knew to stay by my parent's side and respected where I was at, at the time. That gorilla could not have hurt me near as bad as the whipping I would have gotten if I had wandered off.
Lineman, OLE442, Markie and 4 others like this.
KC4YIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #4

OLE442, KC4YIN, cousinmark and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 06-04-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Zoomybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #5

That gorilla could not have hurt me near as bad as the whipping I would have gotten if I had wandered off.
For sure!!

I believe the gorilla was concerned and was trying to protect the child. I think the screaming by the humans elevated his reactions. If they would have darted him, the gorilla most likely have grabbed the kid while trying to escape and being 400+ lbs., had a high probability of serious injury or killing the little boy. Not a good situation at all for everyone involved. Very sad situation.
Zoomybaby likes this.
OLE442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:37 PM   #6
Super Moderator

The story I heard on the news was the kid told him mother he wanted to go swimming with the gorillas and she said no. He argued he was going to do it and when she turned away to do something the kid took off and climbed in the enclosure.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #7

My mom use to make me wear a harness everywhere she took me. My young ass was gone, if I had half a chance. I remember taking a old wooden long handle dust mop and pushing up on the eye hook on the back door and out I would go. I got switched many time by the limbs off a Lombardi Poplar tree in the back yard.
I too feel bad for the Ape but its Human Life versus Animal Life. Sad situation.
Spotly likes this.
Nellybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
The story I heard on the news was the kid told him mother he wanted to go swimming with the gorillas and she said no. He argued he was going to do it and when she turned away to do something the kid took off and climbed in the enclosure.
Yah, I heard something to that effect? I don't frequent zoos but I want to see how this shakes out. It's hard to believe that a 4 year old would be able to get in there. Generally they don't design the enclosures so there's any way to get to the animals from the viewing area? Maybe this one's somehow different but it doesn't sound right?
cousinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:06 PM   #9

Stupid Mom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13325472_10208120533605116_4507223485427057349_n.jpg (15.3 KB, 2 views)
Zoomybaby and Mini Me like this.

CDP & RCP Ultra's
Classic Carry Pro (Factory Bone Grips)
Custom Two-Tone 45/.460Rowland
Gold Combat Limited Edition
Master Carry Pro
Sapphire Ultra 9mm
SIS Custom, Pro, Ultra
Stainless Ultra Carry 9mm
Stainless Raptor Custom, Pro, Ultra
Super Carry Ultra Plus
TLE Pro (TFS)

84M Longmaster Classic SS .308
SVT 22lr Stainless Fluted Bull Barrel
Kimber Of America 82 Stainless Fluted .22lr
84M Varmint Stainless 204 Ruger
2sharp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:08 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Nellybelle View Post
My mom use to make me wear a harness everywhere she took me. My young ass was gone, if I had half a chance.
Yeah, I was a leashed kid -- bad habit of toddling out (at the highest speed I can manege) INTO TRAFFIC!
Ice-and-Snow is offline   Reply With Quote