What would you do? - Kimber Forum

Kimber

Go Back   Kimber Forum > Off Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion Forum

Like Tree119Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #1

What would you do?

Its 10.30 PM Your wife sent you to the local One Stop Close to your home to pick up something she needed for in the morning.
You decide to fix yourself a drink, your standing at the beverage station, just you and the clerk are in the store, Shes sweeping up trying to get ready to close.
A man walks in approaches the counter, (hand in his pocket) tells clerk he has a gun. Demands Money. Then he turns and notices you. What are you going to do?
You have your EDC, a pocket Knife and your Cell Phone is in your Truck.
You never see a weapon and there is no one outside to call 911.

Remove Ads
Old 06-02-2016, 06:23 PM   #2

Please be serious and detailed in your answer.

They are the same color as you LOL What ever that is.

Last edited by Zoomybaby; 06-02-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #3

Draw down on the suspect,order him to show his hands and tell the clerk to dial 911.If he doesn't show his hands you get to make a very important decision that could change your life forever.You are now experiencing what a LEO trains for every day.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #4

What MPO Southy wrote: We never know what we would do in a situation like this without the proper training.
Zoomybaby likes this.
Participant of the Southeast Asia War Games, 1971.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:39 PM   #5

I wouldn't draw unless I saw or was 110% sure he did have a weapon or if he came after the clerk or myself to do us harm. I would watch him very closely though keeping my distance and let him take the money but I would not let him harm the clerk or myself. If you did have to fire your weapon at him you could probably get off with a very expensive lawyer and some very expensive expert witnesses like Massod Ayoub.
Nellybelle, Zoomybaby and JC45 like this.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #6

If I don't see a gun and I don't feel I'm in danger and the clerk isn't in danger, let him take the money and then let the Police what they do.

Last edited by JC45; 06-02-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #7

Originally Posted by Markie View Post
What MPO Southy wrote: We never know what we would do in a situation like this without the proper training.
Most of us dont have the Same Training as police officers, But you have a gun and your standing there. There is no right or wrong answer. Just what someone would do, We stand there do nothing he shoots girl Through his shirt. We stand and watch? We shoot and find out he didnt have a gun? I dont know what I will do, Thats why I started this tread, To Get Our Brains working.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:48 PM   #8

Originally Posted by JC45 View Post
If I don't see a gun and I don't feel I'm in danger and the clerk isn't in danger, let him take the money and then let the Police what they do.
The police are not there. Just you two. Would you feel like either of you where in danger if he said he had a gun?

Old 06-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #9

About a year ago I would've pulled out my solo and he would've laughed so hard he woulda wet his pants, got embarrassed and left empty handed.
MPO Southy and RustyIron like this.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #10

Seriously? There's a criminal who is pointing something at you. He told you it was a gun. You're really going to draw your weapon on him?

Before making that move, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?

The wisest course of action would be to make your eyes wide and your voice scared, as you plead with him not to shoot and you tell the clerk to just give him the money. Whether you mean it, or you're contemplating going all Waco Kid on the guy, you're best off if the crook thinks that he's in control and things are going his way. Look and sound compliant.
Closed Thread