Kimber Talk Forums banner

New 1911 picture and range report...

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  jonh1373 
#1 ·
I have been looking for another 1911 for a while and decided to give a Dan Wesson a try. I got the Pointman Nine which is one of their 9MM 1911 models. I only found positive reports in my research. I was a little concerned with some of the comments about the gun being built very tight, needing an extensive break in period and to expect numerous FTF and FTE during that period. I got the gun and as usual broke it down, cleaned and lubed it. The only thing I have added is an extended mag well. Range trip yesterday shooting both 124 grain and 115 grain. Happy to report 150 flawless rounds. I will say the gun does have exceptional fit and finish. The gun is built tight and it was somewhat of a chore the first few break downs. So far I am very impressed.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats....nice addition!

#10 ·
I owned a DW a long time ago, I think he makes some good pistols.

The Stainless Ultra Carry I bought used has the green sight like yours, figured I would shoot it some then change it later, changed my mind kind of dig it now, think I'll keep it as is. Very visible even to my old eyes.

#11 ·
Nice looking pistol man. I like it! Shoot it in good health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.