Kimber Talk Forums banner

My first 1911 fullsize... omg im in heaven

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  shin0bi1 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals, it's been awhile since I posted here. Been mostly busy with work and spending quality with my teenage son. Anyways this year blew by too fast for me and I can't believe it's December already!

Anyways, I was talking with some buddies and they were all excited to find out what my next firearms purchase with me. I was talking a long time of getting another 9mm doublestack like a PPQ or HK P3000sk or something along those lines. Than I saw this recently and became instantly drawn to it.

Yup, I didn't think another 1911 was necessary since I love my kimber ultra 2 tactical and it was hitting targets out to 75 yards with it. I mean its 26 oz, concealable, and a .45 with a 7 round single stack load capacity right?! I have over 3500+ rounds through this tack driver btw.

Man oh man then I saw this beauty and it called out to me... I introduce to you my first full size 1911 in all of its 2+ pounds of glory lol. I broke it last night and shot 200 rounds. 50 aluminum federal 230 gr, 50 remmington umc 230 gr, and 100 Fox River ammo 230 gr and it's been flawless. This thing is a beast, feels like i'm holding a minature tank, and made me smile the entire 200 rounds where i got some gun powder residue on my teeth.

I hate you all for telling me I will be buying more 1911s in the future and this is the most expensive handgun I have ever purchased. I paid extra at a local guns store but I thought the price was awesome.... $1776. How patriotic is that!?

Well enough of that...here are some pics my new Colt M45A1 1911 MARSOC. It's my first Colt and my first full size 1911.

Thanks for reading!

-Shin0bi1

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Beautiful pistol! Good luck and happy shooting!

Reactions: shin0bi1
#7 ·
Welcome back, I was wondering what happened to you. I know what you mean about the Ultra Tactical, it's been my EDC for about a year now. That Colt's a great gun and I'm going to give you a heads up, that isn't going to be your last 1911.

#13 ·
I'm working on my AR build atm and once I square that away, I might start building a custom DMR. But the colt was pricey so I doubt anything new in the new future.

I am actually thinking about getting into reloading and setting up a small station in my basement for .45acp ammo hehe

#15 ·
So yeah I just put in another 200 rounds of various grain .45 ammo and this thing is a beast. No failures, no break ins, no issues. It is a total tack driver and the new dark brown ion-bond coating on the slide is super strong. I am not gentle with this whatsoever and it is really holding up. I recommend ion-bond treatment for anyone looking for some rugged ass shit

-Shin0bi1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.